could this have caused my incontinence?

To the original poster, you really need to discuss this with a doctor. You don't really say what organs or other tissue were damaged in your injury. But a doctor is best to determine if there is a possible connection. Folks here can give you advice on dealing with incontinence. And they may be able to comment on your condition if their etiology is the same as yours. But finding someone here who has become incontinent following a stab wound or similar abdominal trauma seems like a long shot. I would not delay contacting an expert by waiting for a response here.

Spontaneous incontinence is not normal. Something is wrong, and you need professional help to get to the bottom of it. I don't know if it is possible to make it worse by waiting. But I'd want to rule that out as soon as possible by consulting an expert. Good luck.

Reactions: ScriptedGamer
I’ll just wear a Depend to bed instead in case my bladder leaks I should have my sample pack in a week or two

Well...the results are in, but they where not as helpful as I hoped.

I had a bunch of scans, an MRI, and lots of tests and the results where inconclusive. Not enough for a formal diagnosis, but enough to warrant further investigation. I have some nerve damage, but the docs don't want to give me a diagnosis for some reason. Maybe because my insurance is already crap...I don't know anymore. Since I don't have protection, I constantly stop at the bathroom, and it's only mitigated 55% of my accidents.

I am saving a nest egg, so I can get out of my folks place and get some diapers. 1: I am a DL and 2: I NEED the protection. My IC is ruining my gaming, my social life, and the little hours of work I have left.

As I finish this bottle of Kentucky bourbon all I can ask is for all of you to wish me good luck.

I will keep on trucking...
Fireband

Fireband said:
Well...the results are in, but they where not as helpful as I hoped.

I had a bunch of scans, an MRI, and lots of tests and the results where inconclusive. Not enough for a formal diagnosis, but enough to warrant further investigation. I have some nerve damage, but the docs don't want to give me a diagnosis for some reason. Maybe because my insurance is already crap...I don't know anymore. Since I don't have protection, I constantly stop at the bathroom, and it's only mitigated 55% of my accidents.

I am saving a nest egg, so I can get out of my folks place and get some diapers. 1: I am a DL and 2: I NEED the protection. My IC is ruining my gaming, my social life, and the little hours of work I have left.

As I finish this bottle of Kentucky bourbon all I can ask is for all of you to wish me good luck.

I will keep on trucking...
Fireband
Are you wetting your bedsheets too, because I am but only a little bit but I’m still embarrassed I’d rather wear a Depend just in case I leak, I already ordered a sample pack

Can incontinence cause back pain because my back aches a lot

Danielgartin6993 said:
Can incontinence cause back pain because my back aches a lot

Not likely. However, the two could be linked. Whatever is causing your back pain could also be causing your incontinence. Time to go see a doctor to find out for sure.

Slomo said:
Not likely. However, the two could be linked. Whatever is causing your back pain could also be causing your incontinence. Time to go see a doctor to find out for sure.
It’s my cerebral palsy and neuropathy I’m certain

It's maybe a phscological thing I got shot when I was fifteen I was using a catheter in the hospital but after I got out I did have more wettings and this was when it had stopped for a while but I did have bad nightmares for a while and I wet alot trauma I am sure can cause you to wet the bed

Carnifex said:
It's maybe a phscological thing I got shot when I was fifteen I was using a catheter in the hospital but after I got out I did have more wettings and this was when it had stopped for a while but I did have bad nightmares for a while and I wet alot trauma I am sure can cause you to wet the bed
Actually for me the nerves that control the bladder got damaged I think because I haven’t had bladder issues since after the neuropathy diagnosis and I didn’t make it yesterday morning I peed myself yesterday morning because I was too desperate and couldn’t hold it in but I was wearing a Depend Fit Flex that took the accident for me

Last edited:
Danielgartin6993 said:
Weren’t you embarrassed when you peed yourself like that because even when I leak a little bit I’m embarrassed and I’m so distressed over trying to hold it in at night,I’m in the bathroom peeing when I’m supposed to be in bed sleeping
Actually my urologist made me hold my urine and I had half a liter of urine in me when I got to the appointment and I couldn't hold it, I completely peed myself while awake, I have to wear bladder leakage pads

Fireband said:
So,
I've been thinking about what could've made a healthy 22-year old male incontinent, and I have a theory. I was wandering if anyone could confer this possibility.

A year ago, while in a pretty nasty fight. I was stabbed right below the stomach-mark near the waist. I was treated right away, but never suffered any residual effects til half a year ago. Could that stab wound have screwed something up? I'm trying to find the source so I can A: get better protection B: get a diagnosis from my doc when I see him in a month or C: all the above.

Any input would be appreciated.
thank you.
My urologist tried medication and self catheterization which didn't work, I now wear Equate brand Ultimate Absorbency Long length bladder leakage pads for my urinary incontinence, speaking of which it's wet but it feels good, I sprang a leak but it doesn't embarrass me anymore I actually like the feeling of a wet pad, and my incontinence pads absorb a lot and I can hardly tell I leaked, it feels so good when it's wet and I leaked quite a bit, I had to pee really badly

Back