Why do we love to wear diapers in public

Status
Not open for further replies.

makena43

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have ponder, about it ,for a while. The only things I could come up with is maybe its a shame thing, maybe help with relaxing me so I dont get angry with customers. Maybe just feels good and Is who I am. Any ideas?

For me, I don't think it's a big motivation to wear in public. It's more that I'm wearing and going about my business and some of that takes me out in the world. If I can continue wearing diapers, so much the better. There's probably some element of having a secret and having it not be the same old thing but I also know ABDLs who very specifically seek the feeling that this is normal and nothing out of the ordinary. Different reasons for different people.

I had a sort of friend in college who was in therapy for his being homosexual. His shrink told him that he had a need for debasement. This was back in the late 60's when homosexuality was considered a mental illness. Anyway, debasement is the same as shame and I think the need for shame can attach itself to a number of quirks including adult baby feelings, dressing as a sissy, bondage and a lot of other kinks. I guess wanting to feel shamed goes with the territory and may have deep roots going back our early, toddler years.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
I got to thinking about this after Alexa ask me why do you need to wear at work. Maybe its the private thing like you said or being risky. Somehow I keep thinking shame is the reason.I dont want to feel like you are wearing diaper so you don't need use the restroom

I usually only wear a pull up in public but I have wore full diapers quite a few times and for me it's kinda a little bit of a rush and to see if people notice but I don't think they have or nobody cares enough about it

My Mommy says I have to 😇

Reactions: littlemoosey, Lemminkainen, norsken and 4 others
So it is the shame and the take it risky as to why me and everyone here does it.

makena43 said:
So it is the shame and the take it risky as to why me and everyone here does it.

I don't think you're reading the replies very carefully.

Reactions: YbboB
So what are the reasons?

I love being padded and nobody else knowing it. The feeling of wetting myself while talking to a stranger is awesome to me. But I also just like the comfort and convenience. I usually pad up when driving for Uber.

Reactions: ChocChip and Seasonedcitizen
I don't feel no shame when i wear them out and about. I have been wearing out a lot more then i ever have since the first of the year.

makena43 said:
So what are the reasons?

This is your thread, you ought to be able to sum these up if you're going to ask the question. Still, it's a lazy Sunday and I can play around a little and distill what I see both asserted and speculated:
  1. makena43: shame; relaxation; good feelings
  2. Trevor: not having to stop before I want to; having a secret; a sense of normalcy
  3. dogboy: enjoying shame
  4. Carnifex: private thrill
  5. YbboB: doing as they're told
  6. WABX: lack of shame? Did I get that right? Maybe the sense of normalcy or freedom
As I said in my first post: different reasons for different people. I'll grant you that some variation on shame is probably a big one. It's involved in my overall desire to wear but I don't think it's particular to wearing in public. Being put in my place is a substantial part of the enjoyment of wearing but that doesn't matter much where I'm wearing. Now if the rest of the world saw me in diapers and agreed that I should be wearing them, that would be a thing but since I'm keeping it private, other people are pretty irrelevant to my wearing.

Last edited:
There can be many reasons. As of today, my reason is simply because it's necessary. But that used to be very different when I was younger. I grew up wetting the bed and didn't stop until my late teens. I only ever had a plastic mattress cover so I constantly woke up cold and wet. I never considered any other forms of protection, in fact I wasn't aware that any other existed.

In the mid-90's I was surprised and quite taken aback by the first Goodnites commercial. It was dark, black and white, and captured exactly how I felt about wetting the bed. It was also the first time that I'd ever heard of protection like diapers for older people. I wanted desperately to not wake up cold and wet anymore. However, I never got the chance to use anything until just after I stopped wetting.

When I got my hands on some GoodNites (and very soon after Depends and Attends) I was astounded by their simplicity and functionality. I was completely smitten with the feeling of both being dry and warm. I first wore them during the day out of curiosity and found them to be just as functional during the day. I had always had a "small bladder" and could struggle to hold it for very long during the day. I found that simply wearing protection helped me relax and I stopped worrying about any accidents or always finding a toilet.

So, in short, it was the simplicity and functionality. It was the ability for something so discreet and unobtrusive (compared to other medical devices or prosthetics) to provide so much protection as well as mental relief. Those are still very much part of the reason I wear in public, just as much as the actual physical need these days.

That is what I got out of it Trevor.I am just trying understand myself better.

I don't like wearing a diaper in public but I have to because I am partially bladder and bowel incontinent since last summer. To me, a diaper is a necessity because I frequently have wetting accidents in public and don't want it to be visible for the whole world to see that I just wet myself. I also have an occasional messy accident in public and that is really embarrassing even though I am the only one that knows about it because I take Nullo pills and there is no noticeable smell when I mess my diaper.

I have come to conclusion I wear because of the shame and not having use to use. The restroom. And get more work done

Personally, I don’t make any extra or special effort to purposely wear out in public. If I have one on already, I just go about my business as usual. If I don’t already have one on, I’m not going to put one on just for the sake of getting a few yucks or whatever out of it. That’d be pointless, at least for me.

We all have our reasons for why we do it, and not everyone has the same answer. That’s part of individuality, and it’s part of what makes diapers enjoyable.

Reactions: YbboB, DiaperedBedwetter1998, RetroGamerGuy and 3 others
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back