Unscented powder

ltaluv

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I like to use talc baby powder on my inner thighs to prevent chafing, but I've never liked the way it smells. (I'm incontinent, not little.). Does anybody have suggestions for where to find unscented powder?

I know cornstarch is available unscented, but I strongly prefer talc, so that's what I'm looking for.

There has recently been a scare about long term use of talc causing cancer, honestly suggest you stick to cornstarch, far safer.

ltaluv said:
I like to use talc baby powder on my inner thighs to prevent chafing, but I've never liked the way it smells. (I'm incontinent, not little.). Does anybody have suggestions for where to find unscented powder?

I know cornstarch is available unscented, but I strongly prefer talc, so that's what I'm looking for.
Rather than using a powder to prevent chafing, I use BodyGlide. You can find it on Amazon, and I've also seen it in places like REI. Most of the products they offer look like sticks of deodorant and apply in a similar fashion. I've also seen a lotion style one, which I find easier to apply but less effective.

I don't notice any scent once I put it on. That's not to say they have no scent but about scent they do have its mild. In the case of the lotion style one it smells like the carrier lotion more than anything (like an unscented hand lotion). I barely smell the stick style one i have even when I've got it open and am using it.

I was surprised by this question, but things may be different in different parts of the world. You could try any shop in Denmark. Here it is generally recommended to avoid perfumes in products for babys like soap, shampoo, oil, powder etc., and it would hard to find any such products which are scented.

PCBaby said:
There has recently been a scare about long term use of talc causing cancer, honestly suggest you stick to cornstarch, far safer.

That only applies to women.

DanielW said:
Nope, guys can get cancer from asbestos from contaminated talc.
IF it is contaminated with asbestos, and IF it is inhaled.

I use Johnsons Baby powder, once I am diapered and have my plastic pants on there is no smell at all. Often I use also Baby Oil from different companies. No problems with smell at all.

Back