"Littles" with Autism and Asperger's Syndrome

I don’t think I’ve ever posted under this subject, so I figure now would be a good time to.

I was diagnosed young, I want to say before the age of 5, but I can’t entirely remember, but I’ve pretty much lived with Asperger’s my entire life. I’ve been on medication for it for years, but I can function completely without the meds when the need arises. I’ve always known I’m a little different than most people, but you honestly wouldn’t be able to tell by the naked eye that I even had a diagnosis.

To be honest, I never really looked at it as a diagnosis. I hate the stigma that’s associated with mental health diagnoses. I’ve always looked at it more as I’m just wired differently, and that it’s just a small facet that is my personality. It’s just part of who I am, and I’m okay with that.

I wouldn’t say I’m entirely little, I do have some AB and little tendencies, though I haven’t really had an opportunity to explore that side of my personality that much. Diapers are the big thing for me, for a number of reasons. Stuffed animals, some of the clothing and other paraphernalia is in there for me too, but I’ve never gone 100% into it. Honestly, I’m not sure how I’d feel if I did. There’s a lot left for me to explore. 😁

Reactions: DreamyPikachuu, Fleetwoodmac32192, ABoy and 3 others
Onesieman said:
Wrongfully diagnosed with ADHD at age 3. Diagnosed with autism at 17. I've been taking medication since I started elementary school. I've been bullied because I was different, wasn't fully potty trained until 6. Most of my childhood was a living hell. The only thing that kept me going was gaming.

Nowadays, people are way more accepting of who I am, my co-workers enjoy having me around, my boss is okay with some of the things I do at work, my dad will keep supporting me until he dies, and I love being an adult baby.

Welcome back Onesieman!

Always good to hear from you and your thoughts and insights into living with Autism and being a Little.

DanielW said:
I just got my official ASD diagnosis a few weeks ago. I'm not sure if I'm a little or not, but I do have AB and little-ish tendencies.

Welcome to the Autism Tribe DanielW!
Meeting and knowing me, you will understand that there are more of us Autistics who also have Cerebral Palsy.
There are quite a feww Autistic Littles here on ADISC.

PaddedBrony said:
I don’t think I’ve ever posted under this subject, so I figure now would be a good time to.

I was diagnosed young, I want to say before the age of 5, but I can’t entirely remember, but I’ve pretty much lived with Asperger’s my entire life. I’ve been on medication for it for years, but I can function completely without the meds when the need arises. I’ve always known I’m a little different than most people, but you honestly wouldn’t be able to tell by the naked eye that I even had a diagnosis.

To be honest, I never really looked at it as a diagnosis. I hate the stigma that’s associated with mental health diagnoses. I’ve always looked at it more as I’m just wired differently, and that it’s just a small facet that is my personality. It’s just part of who I am, and I’m okay with that.

I wouldn’t say I’m entirely little, I do have some AB and little tendencies, though I haven’t really had an opportunity to explore that side of my personality that much. Diapers are the big thing for me, for a number of reasons. Stuffed animals, some of the clothing and other paraphernalia is in there for me too, but I’ve never gone 100% into it. Honestly, I’m not sure how I’d feel if I did. There’s a lot left for me to explore. 😁

Welcome to my new unofficial Group Thread PaddedBrony!

Oh!
I myself am a bit of a Brony too.
I would say to find some time to explore your own "Little" self.
For me as an Autistic with Cerebral Palsy, it is a part of my personality.
My own "Inner Child" is fused on the outside due to severe Childhood Abuse/Neglect PTSD.
My own Mom was psychotic for decades and she was also on the Autism Spectrum.
"Being a Toddler" helps me to feel safe, secure, and loved.
But, I still have my adult life of course.
One has to maintain a healthy balance to fround oneself in reality.

Reactions: DreamyPikachuu
caitianx said:
Welcome to my new unofficial Group Thread PaddedBrony!

Oh!
I myself am a bit of a Brony too.
I would say to find some time to explore your own "Little" self.
For me as an Autistic with Cerebral Palsy, it is a part of my personality.
My own "Inner Child" is fused on the outside due to severe Childhood Abuse/Neglect PTSD.
My own Mom was psychotic for decades and she was also on the Autism Spectrum.
"Being a Toddler" helps me to feel safe, secure, and loved.
But, I still have my adult life of course.
One has to maintain a healthy balance to fround oneself in reality.
I appreciate the warm welcome.

Figuring out my little self has been an ongoing thing for a while now. I’m kinda hesitant to go too deep into it because I’m fearful, to be honest. I’m trying to figure it out on my own, but I almost feel like at times it would be better if someone else pushed me more into it. Idk, like I said, I’m still trying to explore it. The balance is one of those things that makes me hesitant. I have a tendency to go overboard with things at times.

Reactions: ABoy and perlFerret
Good Evening Everyone!
It is now after 10:00 PM my time here in Derry, New Hampshire.
With the outside temperatures being very frigid with the Polar Vortex in an abnormal position right now I want all of us Autistic Littles to be "safe and warm" indoors.
(Diapered, of course...)
There is plenty of Kerosene in the fuel tank outside in the rear of my Manufactured Home for the Forced Hot Air Furnace.
Yes.
It just came on again.
Tomorrow my brother will probably cook another sheet of cookies in the oven in the Kitchen.
We cook with Propane.
I have no plans to go outside.
I have plenty of indoor activities like housechores, and playing with my Matchbox and Hot Wheels toy cars and trucks I collect, and watching children's TV shows on Hulu.
I also still tinker with Electronics.
I do have an ARDUINO Microcontroller Engineering Development Kit.
Recently, I was tinkering with Celsius and Fahrenheit Temperature Measurement using Thermistors.
My desk here in my bedroom and a small folding table next to it functions as my "Workbench" here at home.
Anyway, have a peaceful diapered sleep tonight.

It's supposed to hit 7 degrees here tonight in Northern Virginia. Fortunately, my apartment has gas heat so I'm nice and warm. Probably not going to suit up tonight, but I'm sure I will soon enough.

Day 4 of working from home because the office is closed due to extreme cold. I haven't been outside in 3 days and it's getting old fast. :/

perlFerret said:
Day 4 of working from home because the office is closed due to extreme cold. I haven't been outside in 3 days and it's getting old fast. :/
Could be worse. I’ve had to go in to work everyday this polar vortex has been here. My car barely wanted to start yesterday.

PaddedBrony said:
Could be worse. I’ve had to go in to work everyday this polar vortex has been here. My car barely wanted to start yesterday.
Crap, I'm sorry. :(

perlFerret said:
Crap, I'm sorry. :(
Don’t be, it’s just life. You just have roll with it. It’s not like the weather’s going to be like this forever, either.

As im originally from north of Sweden were more used and equipped for this cind of coldness BUT even for me when the temp went - 30 C = -22 F and lower yes its time to stay INSIDE and if you have vehicles outside and NOT an engine heater & cabin heater forget it. Youre entire car is a block of ice (incl youre gas and AL Liquid inside said car) and WHEN youre outside make it SHORT and protect ALL of youre body (incl face ) this is NOT something to play around with it CAN be lethal

OfficialPastelPoppet said:
I have Aspergers :)

Good Evening OfficialPastelPoppet!
I am glad you dropped in.
Today was a stay indoors all day long day.
Too cold to be outside to try and perform some wildlife videography.
I watched a favorite Japanese Anime Film I have on DVD, "Princess Mononoke".

35 aspergers and ADD here. Like most of the other people around here have been saying i always knew i was a little different. Liked cartoons and stuff for my whole life. Had the love of diapers and feeling little too. I mainly am on adderall like most people that have this disorder. The hardest part for me is ive always wanted to have a relationship with a woman but never had the ability to so its been really lonely

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192 and StarWars7
RetroGamerGuy said:
35 aspergers and ADD here. Like most of the other people around here have been saying i always knew i was a little different. Liked cartoons and stuff for my whole life. Had the love of diapers and feeling little too. I mainly am on adderall like most people that have this disorder. The hardest part for me is ive always wanted to have a relationship with a woman but never had the ability to so its been really lonely

Welcome RetroGamerGuy!
Great to have you join the ongoing conversation about us Autistic Littles.
At least it is a little warmer where you are down in Florida.
I do not do well with extremely cold weather.
It affects my Cerebral Palsy spasticity in my legs.

Hmm?

On a different note, how well does everyone here handle emotional stress?
Also, what gets you stressed-out to the breaking point?

caitianx said:
Welcome RetroGamerGuy!
Great to have you join the ongoing conversation about us Autistic Littles.
At least it is a little warmer where you are down in Florida.
I do not do well with extremely cold weather.
It affects my Cerebral Palsy spasticity in my legs.

Hmm?

On a different note, how well does everyone here handle emotional stress?
Also, what gets you stressed-out to the breaking point?
I try to let things roll off my back and not get too stressed to begin with. I do have moments where I get overwhelmed, not very often though. In a case like that, I’ll simply remove myself from the situation for a bit, like run to the restroom or something, collect myself, and head back in after a few minutes. These days, there isn’t a lot that stresses me out though.

My problems are mostly that i do really bad at first in new situations and like everything to be "Just so". Also a general nervousness and anti-socialness as well has led to me being really lonely and really wishing i could find a girl / DL girl which will probably never happen heh

I get stressed-out with abrupt unscheduled changes in routine.
Today, my brother's car's battery permanently died, and it took 3 hours to get AAA to send a mobile battery tech to replace the battery.
We found out that the wrong battery was installed in my brother's car during assembly at the factory.
Wrong Battery for a Dodge Dart, model year 2014.
Anyway, he finally took me to the Bank, the Post Office and the Walmart here in town befor it got dark.

Back