Changing Diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobweb

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
How often do you guys change your diapers? Do you have a certain time that you do it, or do you just do it when your diaper needs it? Do you do it anytime your diaper is wet or messy, or only when it starts getting full? If you are a caretaker how often do you change your little? Or anything else you would like to add about diaper changes!

I don’t wear 24/7, so I don’t really have set times where I change. I always try to get the most out of a diaper, so I generally don’t change until I’m close to leaking or need to just get out of a diaper. If I’m wet, I’ll let it go until it’s at full capacity. If I’m messy, I’ll maybe spend a little time in it, but I try to change not too long after I’ve messed.

Reactions: Sidewinder and Zeke
cobweb said:
How often do you guys change your diapers? Do you have a certain time that you do it, or do you just do it when your diaper needs it? Do you do it anytime your diaper is wet or messy, or only when it starts getting full? If you are a caretaker how often do you change your little? Or anything else you would like to add about diaper changes!

You have answers Here

I wear until I need to change or I am about to leak. In other words I do not have a time limit. The maximum is about 12 hours (morning to night) but it depends on the quality of the diaper and how wet the diaper is. If messy, I will change sooner.

I can recommend to change diaper as often as possible, or after 4 to 6 hours maximum, and at sunrise and sunset. It helps to better respect the skin, especially if you have a fragile skin .

I don't wear 24/7 either.

Typically, when wet, I will change when my diaper can hold no more or when it starts becoming uncomfortable. I find with wet diapers, my average time span is between 6-8 hours. I always use a good amount of diaper cream and baby powder to help prolong my wearing time.

If I mess however, it's off immediately or within 5-10 minutes after messing. Messy diapers tend to be more irritating than wet ones, so it's important change quickly.

My current Mommy/GF hasn't changed my diapers yet, as we are long distance, but she said she is fine with changing both wet and messy ones.

I did have a Mommy friend in the past and she changed both my wet and messy diapers. Her technique was quite good, usually it takes me about 30-35 minutes to change from a messy diaper into a fresh one, as I always shower afterwards, but with my Mommy friend, wet or messy, I'd be changed and in a fresh, comfy and new diaper in a brief 10-15 minutes :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Rednaxela
I follow a set schedule on most days.
Wake up at 7 and get out of night diaper and take a shower. Put on a daytime diaper and change at 12 ish
And around 5.
I’m usually in my night diaper by 9 pm

I'm living with parents still, so I can't get diapers often and can't wear often at that. Due to this I usually use them for all they are worth until they eventually leak all on the floor and in my pants.

Reactions: Rednaxela
Get plastic pants.

Wearing 24/7 around other people, I like to stay really fresh, so I tend to change a bit more often than many other people seem to report, and rarely get close to leak-point. I don't have a rigid routine but as a guide:
1. Change out of night nappy when I get up and shower.
2. Usually make a mess after breakfast so I change again and use the bidet or jump back in the shower to get really clean before going out.
3 & 4. Some combination of morning, after lunch and afternoon, depending on how much I have to drink and whether there are any messes.
5. Evening, e.g. before going out.
6. Shower and change into night nappy before bed.

If I go out and have a lot to drink, another change may be needed during the evening. With this frequent changing, I have a carefree, leak-free life and no skin irritation. The other benefit of never using a nappy to full capacity is that if my schedule changes suddenly, as it often does, there is usually plenty of absorbency in reserve so that the need to change doesn't hold me up. If an ideal opportunity to change presents itself ahead of time, I change.

Paxe said:
Wearing 24/7 around other people, I like to stay really fresh, so I tend to change a bit more often than many other people seem to report, and rarely get close to leak-point. I don't have a rigid routine but as a guide:
1. Change out of night nappy when I get up and shower.
2. Usually make a mess after breakfast so I change again and use the bidet or jump back in the shower to get really clean before going out.
3 & 4. Some combination of morning, after lunch and afternoon, depending on how much I have to drink and whether there are any messes.
5. Evening, e.g. before going out.
6. Shower and change into night nappy before bed.

If I go out and have a lot to drink, another change may be needed during the evening. With this frequent changing, I have a carefree, leak-free life and no skin irritation. The other benefit of never using a nappy to full capacity is that if my schedule changes suddenly, as it often does, there is usually plenty of absorbency in reserve so that the need to change doesn't hold me up. If an ideal opportunity to change presents itself ahead of time, I change.
You must spend a fortune on padding!
What brand(s) are you using with all this changing going on?

Last edited:
Even though I’m not 24/7 (trying to find a way currently) I change like I was 24/7. I have the front on my back pack full of Changing supplies and 2 spare diapers. I normally don’t need to change until the end of the day though. It’s not a need to change it’s just easier to sleep not padded currently. Showers or a good wash down there is what I do if I have worn for a long period of time.
On that last note, what would I add? Probably more changes because that would mean I’m wearing more. :)

What brand(s) are you using with all this changing going on?
My favourites at the moment are Tena Active Fit Maxi or Ultima for general wear, and Betterdry for demanding situations.

It's not cheap but it's worth it. I have a demanding job and a busy social calendar, so the nappies must not under any circumstances let me down. Frequent changes are good because:
* Leaks and stale urine smells are completely unacceptable in my professional environment
* Sudden changes in plan and unexpected travel are common, and I cannot risk getting into difficulty if it's impossible to change for a while
* I am a heavy wetter as I drink loads
* I often have two or even three messy nappies every day, some of which inevitably happen soon after a change and require another change
* Changing is fun!

Reactions: Jonnythepony
I change when I need to change (I'm fairly good at checking myself, and use alarms on my phone to keep track when I think I might get distracted).

I'll be in wet diapers all the way through unless there's some really urgent reason I need to change. I will usually change messy diapers immediately, but if I mess immediately after changing I'll stay in my diapers long enough for them to get moderately wet, so that it's not a complete waste of money.

Kaliborio said:
I change when I need to change (I'm fairly good at checking myself, and use alarms on my phone to keep track when I think I might get distracted).

I'll be in wet diapers all the way through unless there's some really urgent reason I need to change. I will usually change messy diapers immediately, but if I mess immediately after changing I'll stay in my diapers long enough for them to get moderately wet, so that it's not a complete waste of money.
When I start feeling wetness at my behind, I know in ready for a change. Years in diapers have given me quite some experience in knowing the telltale signs of a diaper in need of change.

I change when the diaper feels like its about to leak

alwayz said:
I change when the diaper feels like its about to leak

You likes take risks :)

In general I change when I start to feel wetness up my butt, if I do wear to work then I will usually change at lunch when I go home but I rarely wear to work. The only set times that I change are when I wake up (cause I am usually soaked) and just before bedtime.

When I mess my diaper, I change as soon as possible. The unfortunate thing is that I frequently mess in my sleep and am in a messy diaper for several hours. If I only have a wetting accident, I will keep the diaper on until it is near capacity because they are so expensive. I am bladder and bowel incontinent and wear 24/7 and disposable diapers average about $1.00 each so if I can reduce my diaper changes by just 1 diaper per day, that is a $365.00 savings per year. I am thinking of buying reusable diapers soon, but the initial investment is very steep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back