[Help, advice needed!] Going on a trip out of the country with my College.

EdwardTheDL1998

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Alright, so, this April I am going on a trip out of the country with my College. (We are going to Lübeck in Germany, in case you were wondering.)
So, the thing is, that we are having shared rooms of 4-6 people and that I, therefore, would have to share a room with either 3- or 5 people from my class.
The issue with this is obvious, that I wear diapers, pretty much 24/7 by now. (Both by choice and a slight need.)
I don't really know what my options are.
I mean, I can with 90% certainty say that I would get spotted, (and I am saying that without knowing the rooms,) that I would get caught either if I fall asleep in an exposing position, or when I have to change/dispose of diapers.
I mean, I know we are all fellow college students, so we are all slightly more mature than a bunch of grade-school kids, but still..
Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Have a nice day.
Best regards.
Edward.

Can you ask for a private room, if not do you actually need to wear them?

If you are able to be informed on whom you will be sharing the room with beforehand, I would simple tell them; most people won't ask the reasoning, some however, will. All they need to know really that its for a "medical" reason. Even if that reason is for your mental and emotional health.

"Those that mind, don't matter while those that matter, don't mind."

Reactions: TrueHero
Bring it up with your trip coordinator (I assume your teacher). The sooner the better too, so they can make the right accomodations. Tell her about your need for diapers, and see if you can get paired up with others who may need diapers, or at least those who won't care, or possibly in a smaller/single room. Most likely some combination or compromise of all those.

Also take note, most airlines allow for 1 free checked bag if it is just for medical supplies. I've used this many times while flying as diapers and diaper supplies absolutely count. Just make sure the bag doesn't have anything else in it that's non-medical, or you will get charged for the bag. And of course, you will need to claim the bag as medical when checking in. The gate agent will likely need to check and verify what's in the bag too, though they have never once pulled stuff out on the counter like the tsa sometimes does.

If you are well acquainted with the people in your room and you wouldn't freak out (or they wouldn't) then go ahead and wear them and if they notice either explain it to them or simply say that you need them.

EdwardTheDL1998 said:
Alright, so, this April I am going on a trip out of the country with my College. (We are going to Lübeck in Germany, in case you were wondering.)
So, the thing is, that we are having shared rooms of 4-6 people and that I, therefore, would have to share a room with either 3- or 5 people from my class.
The issue with this is obvious, that I wear diapers, pretty much 24/7 by now. (Both by choice and a slight need.)
I don't really know what my options are.
I mean, I can with 90% certainty say that I would get spotted, (and I am saying that without knowing the rooms,) that I would get caught either if I fall asleep in an exposing position, or when I have to change/dispose of diapers.
I mean, I know we are all fellow college students, so we are all slightly more mature than a bunch of grade-school kids, but still..
Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Have a nice day.
Best regards.
Edward.

The first tip is obviously to talk about it with your companion, the second advice is to prefer non-woven diapers, the third tip based on your residence time, I think it would be smarter to order the product Dear local seller, and have it delivered to a relay point close to where you will be, it avoids clutter with extra luggage, if you still have diapers at the time of departure and you have no room in your luggage you can always throw them

I would guess that it is going to be rather hard to hide it from whoever you end up rooming with, but I would think if you don’t act like it’s a big deal and just play it off like it is a normal thing for you that they won’t make a big deal about it either.

Thanks for all of your responses.
I (for some reason) didn't get notified of any responses to this post.

Justo said:
Can you ask for a private room, if not do you actually need to wear them?
Sadly, that is not a possibility, since there is no single room as far as I am aware of. (Researched the place we are staying at.)

JoshuaH said:
If you are able to be informed on whom you will be sharing the room with beforehand, I would simple tell them; most people won't ask the reasoning, some however, will. All they need to know really that its for a "medical" reason. Even if that reason is for your mental and emotional health.

"Those that mind, don't matter while those that matter, don't mind."

I am pretty sure that we get to choose our roommates ourselves. I think informing someone would be the hard part for me though.

EdwardTheDL1998 said:
Thanks for all of your responses.
I (for some reason) didn't get notified of any responses to this post.

notifications have to look in your settings, you probably had them off

Slomo said:
Bring it up with your trip coordinator (I assume your teacher). The sooner the better too, so they can make the right accomodations. Tell her about your need for diapers, and see if you can get paired up with others who may need diapers, or at least those who won't care, or possibly in a smaller/single room. Most likely some combination or compromise of all those.

Also take note, most airlines allow for 1 free checked bag if it is just for medical supplies. I've used this many times while flying as diapers and diaper supplies absolutely count. Just make sure the bag doesn't have anything else in it that's non-medical, or you will get charged for the bag. And of course, you will need to claim the bag as medical when checking in. The gate agent will likely need to check and verify what's in the bag too, though they have never once pulled stuff out on the counter like the tsa sometimes does.

I don't know how I would approach telling.
As for airlines, I luckily don't have to worry about that, given that we are taking the bus. :)

trysexiea said:
notifications have to look in your settings, you probably had them off
Ah, yea... Thanks. 😅

Wearing a onesie under your clothes will keep anything from showing when you fall asleep, etc. Bring opaque bags for storing used diapers in. That way they won't be visible prior to being tossed. There's probably a trash you can put them directly in outside the place you're staying (like a dumpster), so your roommates aren't noticing the extra trash, but at the very worst you could put a tied up bag inside your backpack and dispose of it in a public trash when you're out doing touristy things.

Neither of those help keep people from noticing when you're changing though.

flipside said:
Wearing a onesie under your clothes will keep anything from showing when you fall asleep, etc. Bring opaque bags for storing used diapers in. That way they won't be visible prior to being tossed. There's probably a trash you can put them directly in outside the place you're staying (like a dumpster), so your roommates aren't noticing the extra trash, but at the very worst you could put a tied up bag inside your backpack and dispose of it in a public trash when you're out doing touristy things.

Neither of those help keep people from noticing when you're changing though.

Use the toilet trash I think, there is no need to do used diaper storage

have you considered the possibility of simply not going on that trip? that's what i always did whenever my school organized any trips. just make up some excuse such as getting sick

EdwareTheDL1995, You say you wear almost 24/7 by choice and for slight need. How slight is the need? Do you wet the bed and have daytime accidents, or what? If wearing is primarily because you want to, I would suggest not wearing during the trip. It would also be a good idea to go without a diaper for a few days to determine empirically how slight your need really is. If you decide that you really need to wear diapers, by all means talk to the trip coordinator ASAP and take his or her advice about how to handle the situation, including possibly not going.

Inconinmiss said:
EdwareTheDL1995, You say you wear almost 24/7 by choice and for slight need. How slight is the need? Do you wet the bed and have daytime accidents, or what? If wearing is primarily because you want to, I would suggest not wearing during the trip. It would also be a good idea to go without a diaper for a few days to determine empirically how slight your need really is. If you decide that you really need to wear diapers, by all means talk to the trip coordinator ASAP and take his or her advice about how to handle the situation, including possibly not going.
Alright, well, I haven't been to a doctor or anything like that. But I've started wearing pretty much 24/7 because I've been feeling a large decrease in my bladder capacity, in a way where I uncomfortably have to go way more often. (So pretty much an OAB, as far as I can tell.)
I do in a very few instances go without wearing for a day, mostly because I run out or something, and those days really suck because I go to the bathroom over 10 times in a school day, not counting the night.
I considered not going on the trip, but I do not want this to affect my bond with the class or anything like that, because everyone would wonder why I didn't go, including my father. (He does not know either.)
I would co side talking to a teacher, but I do not know what to say. I feel very embarrassed about it, and I don't feel like I could mention it since it's not anything I've had declared as a medical condition by a doctor.

Alexia said:
have you considered the possibility of simply not going on that trip? that's what i always did whenever my school organized any trips. just make up some excuse such as getting sick
Whilst I considered that, I had to think about my absence percentage, the possibility of people wondering, including my father, etc. I already signed up though, on the last day possible. I guess I am stuck in my problem, but I will hopefully find some solution.

Back