A cure to your incontinence has been found, do you take it?

Would you cure your IC?

• yes

Votes: 30 68.2%
  • no

Votes: 14 31.8%

• Total voters

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I am curious how many of you would cure your incontinence if there was some magical cure for it, no operations, no annoying medicine to take that would cause bad side affects but there is a cure now where one magical wand and bam it's gone. Or have you accepted it so much you wouldn't change it now.

Reactions: ScriptedGamer
Yes in a heartbeat

Interesting.

Calico said:
I am curious how many of you would cure your incontinence if there was some magical cure for it, no operations, no annoying medicine to take that would cause bad side affects but there is a cure now where one magical wand and bam it's gone. Or have you accepted it so much you wouldn't change it now.

Ok so i have only been incontinent for 3 years. The first couple of months were really dreadful until i was able to find the right diapers. Now do i wish i was not incontinent sometimes and than there are other tomes where is is more convenient like longer trips and such.

So if there was a medication with little side effects with minimal use. Sure. Why not. I would rather want to wear a diaper than have to wear a diaper.

Right now it is just part of life. No big deal really. I think some make more of it that it is.

I voted no, despite hating being IC. The reason I'm IC is because of CP. That's brain damage. Cerebrally palsied people have trouble making the movements they want, i.e. spasticity, or hypotonia, and/or, canceling the movements they don't, i.e. athetosis or ataxia. The jig my bladder and bowels dance, is, I believe, a bit of athetosis, because, I read somewhere, athetosis bothers people less while asleep, and so do my bladder and bowels.

To fix the problem, that's either brain surgery, which, if they cracked my skull open, went in, and messed something else up, I'd hate more than the IC, or some brain chemistry altering drug, that might make me lose other skills, or have side effects worse than the IC. So, unless it's a certain herb with a reputation for giving you the munchies, and having a ton of benefits for neuromuscular disorders, no, thanks.

Last edited:
I am not incontinent, and I enjoy or I should say love using and wearing my diaper. I do however feel for those that have no choice but to use a diaper. For those that are incontinent and have to wear diapers I am very empathetic towards the way you feel. In that case if there was a miracle cure I am sure i would take the cure over wearing diapers. For now I love my diapers and am very content wearing, and believe me it is very hard to quit wearing.

Reactions: Idahoboy72 and ScriptedGamer
Calico said:

To be honest I am so used to it now I doubt I would .

Changing diapers is so much easier than remembering to use the toilet so no

It would be an instant yes, I could not get an appointment fast enough

Yes, I'd pay for it if required! Incintinence is not only very unpleasant, it also bears health risks.

Interesting question, I'm like SpAzpieSweeTot in that my IC is related to my Cerebral Palsy (Spastic Diplegia) so I'm not too sure, it would depend if the fault was the actual bladder or to do with my brain as I have a hyper reflexic bladder. I also think it would depend also on what the cure would entail in terms of operation, recovery time and importantly pain, so for me it would likely be a No.

Yes!!!!

I would and am always looking into treatments to regain my continence, but I am glad that I can afford diapers, because other than stopping to change every now and then, I live a completely normal life. But I worry that coworkers and a few friends will find out, so i would stop using diapers if I could, less stress that way.

Incontinence2017 AKA James

Definitely YES. This would make a lot of things much easier.

HECK NO! I fought to become urinary incontinent, and even died once in the process. Being diaper dependent is a part of who I am, and is how I see my own body's identity. "Giving up" or "curing" my incontinence might as well be like asking me to cut off an arm. No way I'd do that.

I'd take the cure if, and only if, it didn't have any other side effects. Most of the IC meds have side effects that are worse than just dealing with diapers. Plus, I've come to enjoy them despite it being an inconvenience from time to time.

If there were no side effects, absolutely. Managing it is a complete faff, and my bowels can play up at the most inconvenient moments.

Everyone here seems to forget the biggest side effect of all. We are abdl. Not wearing a diaper has a major side effect on us- in it's self. Or have forgotten the binge-purge and denial we all went through??? Even if we could "cure" incontinence, would we still not be diapered at least some of the time???

Slomo said:
Everyone here seems to forget the biggest side effect of all. We are abdl. Not wearing a diaper has a major side effect on us- in it's self. Or have forgotten the binge-purge and denial we all went through??? Even if we could "cure" incontinence, would we still not be diapered at least some of the time???
Please don’t lump us all as ABDL I have IC I just love wearing a cute diaper, if I’m going to be stuck wearing a diaper I might as well one I’d like to wear (not just a plain white diaper) something with a print or pattern ABDL diapers are cute diapers so if I’m going to need a diaper it should be one I like. I didn’t seek out diapers I need diapers so if I need diapers I might as well wear one I like.

jasonm03 said:
Please don’t lump us all as ABDL I have IC I just love wearing a cute diaper, if I’m going to be stuck wearing a diaper I might as well one I’d like to wear (not just a plain white diaper) something with a print or pattern ABDL diapers are cute diapers so if I’m going to need a diaper it should be one I like. I didn’t seek out diapers I need diapers so if I need diapers I might as well wear one I like.

True enough, my apologies.

Back