So I'm curious

Isle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I am experimenting with using large capacity diapers (Northshore in this case), and wearing longer. If you need to go poop (in the toilet), what do you do with the diaper? Do you put it back on if it still has good capacity. Seems somewhat gross but I guess it cannot hurt, it was just on me minutes before.
Do the tapes hold up, or do you carry a roll of tape for this purpose?

I would also think there will be issues with smell if I wear all day. I've always dealt with that by drinking a lot, but that means the diaper will not last through the day considering how much I drink. Do you have a drinking frequency that you stick to and that works to be able to make through the day and not get knocked out when you take it off?

Sorry for the convoluted grammar....

Isle said:
I am experimenting with using large capacity diapers (Northshore in this case), and wearing longer. If you need to go poop (in the toilet), what do you do with the diaper? Do you put it back on if it still has good capacity. Seems somewhat gross but I guess it cannot hurt, it was just on me minutes before.

I would also think there will be issues with smell if I wear all day. I've always dealt with that by drinking a lot, but that means the diaper will not last through the day considering how much I drink. Do you have a drinking frequency that you stick to and that works to be able to make through the day and not get knocked out when you take it off?

I think you'll find all the answers here: https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/120547-How-frequent-should-you-change-your-diaper

But it's not a good idea to want to keep a disposable diaper as long as possible.

Isle said:

First, If I’m ever in a situation where I need to go #2, I try my best to slip the diaper down my legs like underwear, and the vast majority of the time, I can pull it right back on. It might stretch a little bit depending on how tight you taped it to begin with, but it shouldn’t have any major consequences.

Second, I find that it’s more of what you drink that makes a difference, rather than how much. Obviously, staying hydrated helps with the urine smell after a while, but I personally find that drinking stuff that’s healthier, like water and tea, often will not cause your urine to smell as bad as say drinking soda and whatnot. Maybe try drinking stuff that’s a little more pure like that and see what happens.

Hope this helps.

PaddedBrony said:
First, If I’m ever in a situation where I need to go #2, I try my best to slip the diaper down my legs like underwear, and the vast majority of the time, I can pull it right back on. It might stretch a little bit depending on how tight you taped it to begin with, but it shouldn’t have any major consequences.

I haven't done this. But I would think it might help if you also wore a onesie or diaper cover pants, to help keep the diaper close to your body.

This usually happens to me in the morning haha. After wearing overnight, I usually go use the toilet for #2 just by sliding the diaper down past my butt. Most the time I usually change afterward since the diaper loses its shape and doesn’t feel the same.

I guess it depends on the diaper, because after you slip it off you can always use one side of the refastenables to tighten it up, or if its hook and loop not a problem, I know we shouldn't wear them for an extended time but sometimes it's a shame to waste a barely used diaper

I just go in my diaper. If not, I take the side off and pull it down and go and tape it back on.

binkyb said:
I guess it depends on the diaper, because after you slip it off you can always use one side of the refastenables to tighten it up, or if its hook and loop not a problem, I know we shouldn't wear them for an extended time but sometimes it's a shame to waste a barely used diaper

Is not shame, it's made to be discarded, a disposable diaper is not designed to be used at its maximum absorption

If I need to poop and am already wearing a diaper, I just use it for its intended purpose and go in the diaper. After all, that is what it is there for, isn't it? Half of the time, I have no choice in the matter because I am partially bladder and bowel incontinent.

I have never made it a point to take off a diaper to poop, unless I have some idea that my poop is gonna be really loose and/or acidic feeling; but that is rarely the case so I just do my business, clean up (usually shower as I'm almost always at home anyways and can usually hold off on pooping until I get home if I'm away from home) ; and then if I feel like it I put a clean diaper on after I'm all clean.

PaddedBrony said:

Second, I find that it’s more of what you drink that makes a difference, rather than how much. Obviously, staying hydrated helps with the urine smell after a while, but I personally find that drinking stuff that’s healthier, like water and tea, often will not cause your urine to smell as bad as say drinking soda and whatnot. Maybe try drinking stuff that’s a little more pure like that and see what happens.

Hope this helps.

I was quite skeptical whether pulling the diaper down would work but I just tried it and it does.. Does stretch it out some so refastening might be in order. So thank you.

On the liquids i only drink herbal tea and water, no coffee, soda, or alcohol (mostly). I only have a problem with smell if I don't drink enough. I do find that wearing encourages me to drink so I can get that nice warm flow:eek:

Isle said:
I was quite skeptical whether pulling the diaper down would work but I just tried it and it does.. Does stretch it out some so refastening might be in order. So thank you.

On the liquids i only drink herbal tea and water, no coffee, soda, or alcohol (mostly). I only have a problem with smell if I don't drink enough. I do find that wearing encourages me to drink so I can get that nice warm flow:eek:
All the more incentive to stay hydrated! ��

But if you are already wearing a diaper, why take it off go to bathroom ruin the tapes and then try to put them back on snug ? Just use the diaper for what it's intended for. If you are going to be around people, don't mess. wait till you get home or are by yourself walking or driving home and enjoy a good mess. I try and wait till I get off from work and mess on my way to the car, so this way my diaper isn't wasted and I get a good mess going and off home to change and a hot bath to settle down in.. Enjoy that diaper, Use it wisely !

I would never normally put a wet one back on. For me, the point of wearing high absorbency is for heavy / frequent wetting, having lots of reserve capacity for unforeseen circumstances, and avoiding leaks in less-than-ideal positions. I don't use it as a reason not to change frequently and would never try to last all day without a change unless in an emergency. Like some of the above, when I need a BM I often just go in the nappy, but if this is not possible due to location or being unable to get away from other people for long enough, I'll generally put on a fresh nappy after using the toilet unless it is really only slightly damp. I usually leave it taped and slide it down and back up again.

I too will slide my partially wet diaper down so I can use the toilet for a bowell movement. There is no need to undo the tapes, and I can slide it back up when I'm done. Though as the op noticed, this can sometimes slightly stretch the diaper. If that happens I can just readjust one of the top tapes tighter and continue on with using the rest of my diaper's usable capacity.

Back