Parents found out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfi

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
A while ago, multiple times, my parents found out about me being DL, and my mum said that she didn't want me using diapers in her home (I live with my parents), despite it helping to quell my depression and anxiety a lot of the time. I didn't and still don't know if I should avoid using for her sake or continue for my own, and just hide it (as I do right now, though expect her to find out at some point). My room has nowhere but under the bed to store them, so they'd be easily found if she checked... What should I do?

Stop using diapers until you get your own place to live.

Dont let annyone tell you what to do. Is it baby diapers or adult diapers?

The problem with using and hiding diapers is that you also have to get rid of them. That creates two problems instead of just one which doubles the chances of getting caught. Only you can decide if the fall out is worth it.

Is there anywhere else you can hide them - in your car, or an outbuilding, etc.?

Unless your mum is particularly searching for things I'd hope that reasonably well hidden under your bed or similar would work?

An idea just came to me - find an old PC, gut it and hide the diapers inside. That should tuck under the bed, and if quizzed you can say it's a spare one, or a future project, or you're storing it for a friend or something. Only needs 2 screws to pop the side off for access, but most mums won't get a screwdriver out!

When I was presented with this question in the face of future discoveries, I decided it wasn't worth it. It was too disruptive to my home life and potentially harmful to myself and my parents. One difference is that I didn't understand myself very well much less being able to explain it to others. If you could make yourself understood, that might change things but if you have no good place to hide things, no reasonable expectation of privacy, and the results of discovery are really bad, I'd say wait until you move out.

I was discovered once and it was not a pleasant experience :(

To be honest, you have a few options:

You can go the respectful route and hold off on wearing until you have a place of your own and all the freedom, time and space that comes with it. After all, it is your Mother's house; her house, her rules.

Or

You can continue to wear and use in secret, but risk getting caught or found out again.

Last, but not least, from the sounds of things, your mother is against you using diapers, but is she against you wearing them out right? If she is only against usage, you could probably reach a compromise and simply wear without using.

From experience, after my stash was discovered, I kept my wearing and regression time down to a minimum. I would only wear and regress if I knew my Mother would be away for work or on vacation. I didn't start wearing regularly and exploring fully until I had a place of my own at 19.

Best of luck :)

Wolfi said:
A while ago, multiple times, my parents found out about me being DL, and my mum said that she didn't want me using diapers in her home (I live with my parents), despite it helping to quell my depression and anxiety a lot of the time. I didn't and still don't know if I should avoid using for her sake or continue for my own, and just hide it (as I do right now, though expect her to find out at some point). My room has nowhere but under the bed to store them, so they'd be easily found if she checked... What should I do?

Questions that you discovered exactly, because if it's just diapers, you just had to say that you had psychological incontinence (stress-related) and at worst if you said before that you were DL, if she finds disposable diapers, just tell her that now you really need it for a psychological incontinence, at worst if it really does not want you to use them you wet your bed, (think to take a mattress protector before if you have not already :) in this way she can not say anything.

I appreciate you have to respect your parents, shouldn’t lie to them etc wearing with some parents can be a risk as they may mistakenly force psychological help on you...... BUT DAMN as a parent myself obviously I would be fine with my kids wanting nappies but on a broader note I am happy with them liking anything that doesn’t harm them.

If you can’t be yourself at home you need to move.

I would say just cool it for a while, and avoid indulging, at least until things are settled.

On a related note, a couple days ago, my dad accidentally opened a sample I had coming in the mail because he mistook the package for his own. Surprisingly, he really didn't have a problem with it, and he even left the diapers in question on my desk instead of just pitching them or something. Even so, I wore once or twice in the days since, but I haven't really made any solid plans on restocking my stash(I'm down to two Rearz Lil' Monsters and one Rearz Princess Pink).

JamieXPassion said:
I would say just cool it for a while, and avoid indulging, at least until things are settled.

On a related note, a couple days ago, my dad accidentally opened a sample I had coming in the mail because he mistook the package for his own. Surprisingly, he really didn't have a problem with it, and he even left the diapers in question on my desk instead of just pitching them or something. Even so, I wore once or twice in the days since, but I haven't really made any solid plans on restocking my stash(I'm down to two Rearz Lil' Monsters and one Rearz Princess Pink).

If it's accepting why you do not make new stocks?

- - - Updated - - -

Argent said:
I appreciate you have to respect your parents, shouldn’t lie to them etc wearing with some parents can be a risk as they may mistakenly force psychological help on you...... BUT DAMN as a parent myself obviously I would be fine with my kids wanting nappies but on a broader note I am happy with them liking anything that doesn’t harm them.

If you can’t be yourself at home you need to move.

Honest if you say you have psychological incontinence, that your parents send you to see a psychologist, it's not so bad because there is the medical secret, and so you can tell the person that you are AB / DL, so since the psychologist can not change anything, it's not serious it's always useful to talk to a psychologist, it can never hurt normally :)

Honest if you say you have psychological incontinence, that your parents send you to see a psychologist, it's not so bad because there is the medical secret, and so you can tell the person that you are AB / DL, so since the psychologist can not change anything, it's not serious it's always useful to talk to a psychologist, it can never hurt normally :)

I tried that the first time, but she tried to force me to go to the doctor. I can't lie to doctors, and with the anxiety, it just makes it much worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Poofybutt said:
I was discovered once and it was not a pleasant experience :(

To be honest, you have a few options:

You can go the respectful route and hold off on wearing until you have a place of your own and all the freedom, time and space that comes with it. After all, it is your Mother's house; her house, her rules.

Or

You can continue to wear and use in secret, but risk getting caught or found out again.

Last, but not least, from the sounds of things, your mother is against you using diapers, but is she against you wearing them out right? If she is only against usage, you could probably reach a compromise and simply wear without using.

From experience, after my stash was discovered, I kept my wearing and regression time down to a minimum. I would only wear and regress if I knew my Mother would be away for work or on vacation. I didn't start wearing regularly and exploring fully until I had a place of my own at 19.

Best of luck :)

I'm 21 but having horrible luck with jobs. I'm also going back to uni next year, so there's no reason to live somewhere else... I'm still using them in secret, but I really see no point in wearing and not using, even if she'd be OK with it.

Really you are 21 and can't hold a job and still live with your parents? I had steady job when I was 16 and moved out when I was 18 and going to a University. Buck it up and become an adult and move out and feel the freedom of doing whatever you would want.

Idaho said:
Really you are 21 and can't hold a job and still live with your parents? I had steady job when I was 16 and moved out when I was 18 and going to a University. Buck it up and become an adult and move out and feel the freedom of doing whatever you would want.

Applause, I give you a medal, you are part of the minority who managed to do it. (Sarcasm) more seriously you have no real advice instead of criticism?

- - - Updated - - -

Wolfi said:
I tried that the first time, but she tried to force me to go to the doctor. I can't lie to doctors, and with the anxiety, it just makes it much worse.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm 21 but having horrible luck with jobs. I'm also going back to uni next year, so there's no reason to live somewhere else... I'm still using them in secret, but I really see no point in wearing and not using, even if she'd be OK with it.

I invite you to read my Before last message he can help you :)

trysexiea said:
If it's accepting why you do not make new stocks?

- - - Updated - - -

"Their house, their rules." You've got exactly four options:

1. start further discussions with them to see if you can come to some compromise, rather than the "my way or the highway" ultimatum it sounds like you've been given
2. give up diapers until you move out or something changes
3. sneak them and be prepared to deal with the consequences if caught (and the stress in the meanwhile - which if you're wearing for stress-relief, will be counter-productive)
4. move out

Most of the people that ask this question here have already concluded that option 4: "move out" isn't practical for them right now. So you're going to have to look at your three options and make a decision, you're in the best position to know which of these is best for you right now. You might be disappointed by this, but there's really no other options hiding out there that you've missed.

bambinod said:
"Their house, their rules." You've got exactly four options:

1. start further discussions with them to see if you can come to some compromise, rather than the "my way or the highway" ultimatum it sounds like you've been given
2. give up diapers until you move out or something changes
3. sneak them and be prepared to deal with the consequences if caught (and the stress in the meanwhile - which if you're wearing for stress-relief, will be counter-productive)
4. move out

Most of the people that ask this question here have already concluded that option 4: "move out" isn't practical for them right now. So you're going to have to look at your three options and make a decision, you're in the best position to know which of these is best for you right now. You might be disappointed by this, but there's really no other options hiding out there that you've missed.

I can't talk to them about anything, so only 2 or 3, which doesn't really help. It was my original split decision. I'm not stressed if I'm hiding it, honestly. I'm only stressed if I'm caught.

Well, if you wear and do get caught which would be again, it would open up the conversation. Because you are older, they might be more accepting, respecting the fact that you are responsible for you. When I got caught (I was in college), my mom sent me to a psychiatrist so obviously, every parent is different.

dogboy said:
Well, if you wear and do get caught which would be again, it would open up the conversation. Because you are older, they might be more accepting, respecting the fact that you are responsible for you. When I got caught (I was in college), my mom sent me to a psychiatrist so obviously, every parent is different.

the doctor could not do anything anyway :)

I hate to be totally honest and a bit harsh. Get some responsibility and get out of your parents house. Minimum wage has gone up and you can make it on your own. I got out of my parents house just after high school. I knew they would not and could not put up with my DL. I went to college and I ate ramen noodles and cereal for a year until I landed a good job. It is not easy but you live on your own terms. I am a grown woman now and can't see how anyone can live with their parents past the age of 18. I know it's harsh, but you want to be on your own and do what you want, so do it...

trysexiea said:
the doctor could not do anything anyway :)

Yeah, the funny thing was that he said I'd probably outgrow it. Haha....that sure didn't happen! The bigger reason my mom sent me to the shrink was because I also got caught being gay.....sigh. It was a different time. (caught being gay was meant to be snarky)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back