Sitting in a soaked diaper

ben10hnt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
This might seem like a silly question but is there a way to sitting in a soaked diaper without causing it to leak?

Reactions: ChristianDiaperLover
I wouldn't say it's a silly question, actually.
Much depends on HOW soaked it is. If it's on the verge of leaking as it is, sitting down will most certainly result in at least a small leak.
Then it's the question of the fit and leg bands sealing. I usually try making the leg bands in the back as tight as possible. Can't say I don't get leaks, but not so often. Although this may be because I try changing before I'm that soaked.
Also, you could try diaper covers. Some are designed to contain the leaks, if and when they happen, while others compress a diaper, slightly raising it's absorbing capabilities and improving the fit. Onsies also seem to do the trick at times.
But really, I wouldn't advise you to stay in a wet diaper for a long time. I know, that there can be situations, when you simply can't change, but you should plan ahead and change regularly or you risk getting a rash, you know...

Plastic pants. Mine have saved me countless times from leaks

Reactions: Fiammaverde
sitting IS the most "risky" position to wet in for most diapers, moreso for disposables. If you can get a diaper that's simply got enough capacity in front to take care of business though, the "back corners" will never have to deal with any liquids. On the other hand, if you are wetting and THEN sitting down, any diaper with high sap will work to lock wetness away so that when you sit down it can't leave your diaper even if you DO sit on wet padding.

There's a lot of good choices for diapers in that regard right now. Most of Tykables, thrust vector/crinklz, half of rearz and ABU's catalog, etc.

Probably not a "soaked" diaper. Odds are much better in a diaper that is merely wet. Better diapers widen the gap between wet and soaked considerably.

Depending on the brand of diaper you happen to be wearing, the more SAP the more wet it will hold thus allowing for staying in the same wet diaper longer before needing to change.
However a soaked diaper reguardless of brand will leak eventually and you will need to change.

I would say bad idea. A soak diaper will led to urinary tract infection. And. A diaper rash I say change. On the 3 pee. The key. Is keep it clean.

Antientmariner said:
Plastic pants. Mine have saved me countless times from leaks

I'm thinking about getting though I'm still hesitant as people say they are hard to wash and maintain and could be ruined if not cleaned properly.

Do you think using a washable incontinence pad is a good alternative?

As mentioned, making sure you have a really good and snug fit all the way around the legs is important for lesser leaks while sitting. Using a diaper that's great at wicking also helps. Northshore Supreme is about the best for wicking that I know of.

Wetting very slowly over many hours will better allow the diaper to wick pee towards the back without leaking too. Sitting on a perenial donut will also reduce the compression of the diaper around the crotch, which will help reduce compression leaks when sitting.

Lastly, if all you're going for is the wet feeling. Try pouring warm water down the back of the diaper, in addition to wetting the front as you'd normally do. By "wetting" the diaper from both ends the crotch will be less likely to leak right away.

The question is not from the thing, and sitting in a wet diaper is a kind of test for your ability to function in society while being diapered.
Based on my wife's experiences, I recommend that you take care of three basic things:
1. always use plastic backed diapers or plastic panties if plastic diapers unavailable
2. wetting very slowly over many hours (as wrote Slomo)
3. never sit down just after peeing

Yep plastic pants

Just like a babies diaper, when it is overfull it leaks. Plastic pants only really help if they have some sort of absobency to catch the overflo of diaper, otherwise it still will go around the leg barriers. A good diaper is needed for incontinence. You buy cheap diapers-- expect leaks or having to change at inappropriate times. Extended wear diapers will help when you know your not able to change without raising eyebrows, but usually are quite bulky. Managing incontinence is an art. You must be able to trust what you wear and know it's limits. There is no real solution to leaks except changing your diaper when needed or wearing a diaper that is so thick it can handle the voids at the risk of being visible. What it all comes down to is more changes or thicker more expensive diapers. I myself believe I would rather have people tell I'm wearing a diaper(most won't notice no matter how thick or how much it swells when wet and becomes really noticeable) than to have someone at a party notice you just urinated on their couch with matching wet pants to match or having to go to your car and get your diaper bag and change in the bathroom. Incontinence is very difficult, but it happens. We need to realize it is our responsibility to control it and save our friends and families couches and chairs even if it comes at a little humility. I'd rather admit I had incontinence and had to wear diapers than apolgize for pissing on someone's couch. Wear appropriate protection and learn when to change-- after a short period of time you should know when leaks are likely and it's your responsibility to keep your friends,family, and your own chairs leak free.

After trying/testing a few different brands (Little For Big, Crinklz (regular & astronaut), Rearz Safari/Monsters/Rebel, TENA SUPER). I've finally settled on Forsite Under The Sea, I just ordered a case.

I wear diapers to work, just as a DL not for necessity. I sit at a desk 9-5 and I've found that most diapers leak by 3:00PM, but Forsite Under The Sea performed the best for me, I could release as quickly as I wanted and no leak issues while sitting all day.

Try Forsite Under The Sea!

Reactions: surprise35
I've never had a problem with a soaked diaper leaking. I've had problems with wetting an already at capacity diaper leaking immediately. My general rule is that if I feel wet, then the diaper isn't likely to hold more.

Nope. When a diapere is soaking wet then it's time for a change..... if you love the feeling of wet diapers i really recommend you try cloth and plastic pants

Simple solution: get some disposable chair pads and sit on them. They're a plastic-backed square with a thin layer of "diaper fluff" on top.

Like this (the "super" are the most absorbent):

...or just go sit in the bath or shower. When I feel like 'living dangerously' in diapers--e.g. by putting on Pampers and flooding, or wetting cloth diapers without a cover on--I'll just go stand or sit in the bath. No mess. And if, as often happens, I end up thoroughly soaked (with pee), I'll switch on the water and be all clean in an instant. Easy peasy.

Last edited:
ben10hnt said:
This might seem like a silly question but is there a way to sitting in a soaked diaper without causing it to leak?
garunteed? no, depending on leg barriers you might get lucky, but chances are once it starts going past a certain point any pressure applied to a concentrated point risks going out your legs or even at the waistline

neophyte said:
After trying/testing a few different brands (Little For Big, Crinklz (regular & astronaut), Rearz Safari/Monsters/Rebel, TENA SUPER). I've finally settled on Forsite Under The Sea, I just ordered a case.

I wear diapers to work, just as a DL not for necessity. I sit at a desk 9-5 and I've found that most diapers leak by 3:00PM, but Forsite Under The Sea performed the best for me, I could release as quickly as I wanted and no leak issues while sitting all day.

Try Forsite Under The Sea!
I also wear and wet diapers at work in a professional setting. I have leaked a few times, but my sport coat covered the wet spot. Sometimes I have changed during the day because I knew I was close to leaking. Can you tell me more about Forsite Under the Sea? Are they discreet enough for work, i.e., how bulky are they?

Back