Incontinence because of ABDL?

sallyanne

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
Hi everyone. I have always wet the bed and in fact, never had a single dry night. Daytimes were dreadfully slow to achieve daytime control leading to being the lat kid out of nappies among my peers by a long way. By 16 I was effectively back in them again.

While it is true that my incontinence is real, I have often wondered if my very strong baby drive has either made it worse or tipped the scale from dry-with difficulty and totally-wet.

I never recalled thinking that bedwetting was a problem when growing up. I have mused often on that thought: that I never ever considered bedwetting (nappies or sheets) to be anything worthy of consideration.

I recently wrote about my childhood and it has lead me to once again consider how ABDL has perhaps not so much led me to incontinence but perhaps, perversely, has delayed/denied toilet training itself.

It is quite odd to consider although for me, it is all very very natural.

Hi Sallyanne

From what you’ve described, it sounds like you’ve embraced the ABDL lifestyle to help you come to terms with your incontinence. If staying dry has been that difficult for you and you’ve spent most of your life wearing some form of protection it’s not surprising that you’ve come to embrace other babyish things now and then, many people with severe incontinence regress now and then to help them process and come to terms with it. I’m not an AB but becoming a DL really helped me adjust to wearing nappies 24/7. If I need to wear them I might as well enjoy them.

I don’t know you well enough to answer your question, but to me, having AB or Little urges at that a young age which were so strong that they affected your bladder control in the first place is unlikely. I’m not saying it’s impossible but I imagined it would be a conscious decision, rather than what you described.

Perhaps the best question to ask is, do you feel comfortable and relaxed as an incontinent AB? If your need for nappies is both medical and for your desires, one need does not negate the other. Both needs are valid to you. If the AB side helps you with your incontinence then why worry? You’re not hurting anyone and you need nappies anyway, so why not enjoy it?

I recognise this may not be answer you’re expecting but I hope it helps.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

sallyanne said:
Hi everyone. I have always wet the bed and in fact, never had a single dry night. Daytimes were dreadfully slow to achieve daytime control leading to being the lat kid out of nappies among my peers by a long way. By 16 I was effectively back in them again.

While it is true that my incontinence is real, I have often wondered if my very strong baby drive has either made it worse or tipped the scale from dry-with difficulty and totally-wet.

I never recalled thinking that bedwetting was a problem when growing up. I have mused often on that thought: that I never ever considered bedwetting (nappies or sheets) to be anything worthy of consideration.

I recently wrote about my childhood and it has lead me to once again consider how ABDL has perhaps not so much led me to incontinence but perhaps, perversely, has delayed/denied toilet training itself.

Wetting the bed was just normal for me growing up. I never saw it as a problem.

Thanks for replying. I do read about other people whose baby urges were strong as children and it certainly was for me. The connection with bladder control is one I am unsure about. Both my parents were teen bedwetters so I was perhaps cursed at the beginning, but the fact I never stopped is something I often think about. Being strongly sissy AB has always complicated things and for me, the desire to toilet train was never that strong. Peer pressure brought it about to a degree, but I never really felt right with it.

Being and incontinent AB certainly works for me and helps me keep my little side controlled and well expressed. I'm just not sure if my incontinence is at least in part driven my my deep desire to be genuinely babyish.

It's a mystery!

- - - Updated - - -

I like your avatar and it made me laugh. I spent several un-nappied years at nights and was often greeted by such a sight.

I have had a number of close calls and mini accidents over the past few years. Seems to be getting worse (hell, what am I talking about - it's getting better) with age. I have very sudden and acute urges and have often not quite made it to the bathroom. Just the other day I thought to myself that soon I really would have a legitimate reason to wear diapers! How about that - having spent years hiding them and sneaking around, now I can actually be totally open about it all. Well, maybe not all the other AB garb, but the diapers at least. Anyway, back to your question... Yes, I do believe my lifestyle has contributed to this issue. I don't think it caused it but I do think it has been a factor. I don't wear 24/7 by any means but there are long periods of time when I am wearing a diaper that I have spent years working towards relaxing those muscles so I could pee. I think about the times this has been deliberate and hard - for example while out walking. I think this has de-trained my muscles somewhat and now I just need to enjoy the results before I get too old! I will say another huge contributing factor is caffeine. I am sure if I went to the doctor he would tell me to quit drinking caffeine - well, that's not going to happen, think I will choose diapers instead!

sallyanne said:
Thanks for replying. I do read about other people whose baby urges were strong as children and it certainly was for me. The connection with bladder control is one I am unsure about. Both my parents were teen bedwetters so I was perhaps cursed at the beginning, but the fact I never stopped is something I often think about. Being strongly sissy AB has always complicated things and for me, the desire to toilet train was never that strong. Peer pressure brought it about to a degree, but I never really felt right with it.

Being and incontinent AB certainly works for me and helps me keep my little side controlled and well expressed. I'm just not sure if my incontinence is at least in part driven my my deep desire to be genuinely babyish.

It's a mystery!

- - - Updated - - -

I like your avatar and it made me laugh. I spent several un-nappied years at nights and was often greeted by such a sight.
I never felt any need for toilet training either and was in nappies day and night until I went to school. I often wet my pants until I was about 10 or 11 and just didn't care. If no one noticed I just stayed in my wet pants until they dried or more likely I wet my self again.

ST50 said:
I never felt any need for toilet training either and was in nappies day and night until I went to school. I often wet my pants until I was about 10 or 11 and just didn't care. If no one noticed I just stayed in my wet pants until they dried or more likely I wet my self again.

You should write your story and make a book out of it like I did!!!

It was... revealing.

sallyanne said:
You should write your story and make a book out of it like I did!!!

It was... revealing.

Really you have wrote a book. I would love to read it.

I wet the bed from the time I was taken out of diapers until age 9-10. so about 6/7 years of waking up wet in bed. They had a plastic tarp on the bed so it would pool up and I would have to wake up, change out of wet cloths and go to school right away. I always smelled of pee, did not help my social situation at all, I would have to hide away during play time. Parents always threatened me, and they gave 0 help. Other than on vacation I would have to wear pull-ups. when I was age 4-5 they had me wear only plastic pants to bed. That is what started my AB/DL. I love to wear just plastic pants, only problem is that adults sweat and kids of that age do not.
I've had a few accidents when I was older, one recent. Plus the past few years I've noticed that whenever I have about an ounce of pee or more it will start to be uncomfortable and even hurt pretty bad. I wear diapers just for fun, but I wish sometimes that I would wear 24/7 just so that I didn't have the pain of having to hold it in.

MickeyM said:
I wet the bed from the time I was taken out of diapers until age 9-10. so about 6/7 years of waking up wet in bed. They had a plastic tarp on the bed so it would pool up and I would have to wake up, change out of wet cloths and go to school right away. I always smelled of pee, did not help my social situation at all, I would have to hide away during play time. Parents always threatened me, and they gave 0 help. Other than on vacation I would have to wear pull-ups. when I was age 4-5 they had me wear only plastic pants to bed. That is what started my AB/DL. I love to wear just plastic pants, only problem is that adults sweat and kids of that age do not.
I've had a few accidents when I was older, one recent. Plus the past few years I've noticed that whenever I have about an ounce of pee or more it will start to be uncomfortable and even hurt pretty bad. I wear diapers just for fun, but I wish sometimes that I would wear 24/7 just so that I didn't have the pain of having to hold it in.

I always smelled of pee growing up from my constant nightly bedwetting.

A brilliant book all betwetters should read. Two great bedwetting pictures by the way.

ST50 said:
A brilliant book all betwetters should read. Two great bedwetting pictures by the way.

Glad you liked them. I hope you enjoy my book if you get to read it.

sallyanne said:

OP, my experience has been kind of the opposite. I have had ABDL feelings as log as I can remember. I think my first memories of it were when I was three or four. But, I have been shy to pee (difficult to relax) and I can only recall wetting the bed once before I began wearing 24/7.

I've worn 24/7 for years and now can wet freely during the day; although it usually still requires a conscious effort. But, I still have nights where I wake up with my bladder screaming in pain from holding it for too long.

So, I think it's a physiological issue. There is a part of your brain that regulates the involuntary sphincter on your bladder.

You cant be IC just by being a AB /LG / Little one /DL period . It has to be ether effort by youre self to learn youre bladder And or colon to actually let go OR youre infact do have some cind of IC ,and last it may be some cind of medical underlying iccue that needs to be checked out :graduate:

Kitts Bunny wrote I still have nights where I wake up with my bladder screaming in pain from holding it for too long.

I get that multiple times bacikly EVERY night as well ,or just wake up and feel its time to go and visit the ladies room yet again (again Multiple times a night) = Nocturia

In my case however i rather have to wake up multiple times a night to get this done then having to wake up in wet diapers every morning (its tough enough to have them filed with nr 2 at times as i dont wake up for those ) how someone would actually wont to wake up in a soky diaper or even worse a soky smelly bed is beyond me to be honest . If i were to actually (and im dreading the day to probably come based on how things progressing so far with my urine IC and im already well ahead on the protection for it ) start bed wetting again (did as small girl (incl day ) i will according to need put on even thicker diapers to prevent having the mess discibed on sed pics :sweatdrop:

dprpantsnpypants said:
I have had a number of close calls and mini accidents over the past few years. Seems to be getting worse (hell, what am I talking about - it's getting better) with age. I have very sudden and acute urges and have often not quite made it to the bathroom. Just the other day I thought to myself that soon I really would have a legitimate reason to wear diapers! How about that - having spent years hiding them and sneaking around, now I can actually be totally open about it all. Well, maybe not all the other AB garb, but the diapers at least. Anyway, back to your question... Yes, I do believe my lifestyle has contributed to this issue. I don't think it caused it but I do think it has been a factor. I don't wear 24/7 by any means but there are long periods of time when I am wearing a diaper that I have spent years working towards relaxing those muscles so I could pee. I think about the times this has been deliberate and hard - for example while out walking. I think this has de-trained my muscles somewhat and now I just need to enjoy the results before I get too old! I will say another huge contributing factor is caffeine. I am sure if I went to the doctor he would tell me to quit drinking caffeine - well, that's not going to happen, think I will choose diapers instead!

I know that caffeine is an issue with allot of things. Can you tell me how it exacerbates bladder issues, is it that it is a diuretic? Or maybe I am wrong and it is not a diuretic at all?

incontinence can be an effect of AB

KitsBunny said:
OP, my experience has been kind of the opposite. I have had ABDL feelings as log as I can remember. I think my first memories of it were when I was three or four. But, I have been shy to pee (difficult to relax) and I can only recall wetting the bed once before I began wearing 24/7.

I've worn 24/7 for years and now can wet freely during the day; although it usually still requires a conscious effort. But, I still have nights where I wake up with my bladder screaming in pain from holding it for too long.

So, I think it's a physiological issue. There is a part of your brain that regulates the involuntary sphincter on your bladder.

I think personal experiences can be subjective. For some, being AB very definitely affects their continence while for others, it has no effect. I know that my own strong AB drive plays right into my bedwetting and always has.

There are many different experiences on how AB links with continence and for some it is a very powerful link while in others, nothing. I find my level of incontinence to be more of a pre-toilet-training thing for me, as if I had never been trained properly in the first place and is very natural.

We are all different.

I have noticed that my daytime urinary continence has been reduced, I'm guessing from wearing diapers on and off for 20 some years, I also have noticed of late that my fecal continence has become reduced, I've had a few messy accidents in the past year, it's not that I don't have any notice, it's just very little notice.

I'm not fully incontinent but have been wearing nappies for a long time and I pee at the slightest urge in any position without instinctively clenching my sphincter muscle. I can drip and dribble with ease. I have noticed an effect on my pelvic floor. I have very weak erections (Its very very rare I have a full erection, I masturbate by massaging instead of the normal way. I can't get hard) i and I have post micturition dribble quite bad. I uncontrollably pee when I'm having a poo - all over the floor. When I'm not wearing I have to use the toilet more often than I think normal. Unless I'm desperate to pee its seems like its a weaker stream them before and uneven or to one side. I haven't got a UTI, its been that way for a long time and I think its from wearing nappies very often. I'm 32 and from what I've read its a sign of weak pelvic floor muscles and I think if I continue down this path I probably will end up incontinent?

Bobbilly, You say that you’ve been wearing and using diapers for a long time and that you think that you are becoming or about to become incontinent. For you, would becoming incontinent be a good or a bad thing? If it would be a good thing, then just keep doing what you’re doing. If not, I would advise you to wear a diaper less often (maybe only for short periods two or three times a week) and to practice being continent so that you do not lose the ability.

Inconinmiss said:
Bobbilly, You say that you’ve been wearing and using diapers for a long time and that you think that you are becoming or about to become incontinent. For you, would becoming incontinent be a good or a bad thing? If it would be a good thing, then just keep doing what you’re doing. If not, I would advise you to wear a diaper less often (maybe only for short periods two or three times a week) and to practice being continent so that you do not lose the ability.

I have mixed feeling about incontinence. I follow the binge/purge cycle quite bad. In the binge I 1000% want total incontinence and wear constantly wetting at the slightest urge and wear and wet everywhere living the incontinent lifestyle. I love it!!! Then I have the purge cycle (where I'll be honest) I never want to see a nappy again, that means because I'm not wearing no more I have to go to the bathroom 4/5/6 times in an hour because I feel a strong need to pee constantly and I only have a weak - uneven dribble splashing everywhere. It takes some weeks for me to get to a decent level of continence but it's not the same as it used to be. The weak erections don't bother me. My protein levels are normal.

I have been binge/purge cycling since I was 17 and I'm sure that has had some effect on my pelvic floor muscle???. ie no erections, weak dribble (not a obstruction as I have no trouble wetting) I have ready many threads on achieving incontinence and not many people mention weak pelvic floor muscle in the DL/AB community. I have read that if you don't excise your sphincter muscles they become weak. I am pretty sure that's happened to me.

If I become incontinent it will not effect on my life. I can afford nappies/people know I wear so no hiding it. I want it so bad in the binge cycle. I mean SO bad! I could live with it quite well but I loath nappies in the purge cycle...

Do you think it would lead to incontinence quite quickly if I went 24/7 indefinitely?

Back