What Jacket/Hoodies/Coats do you wear when it gets cold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
For mildly cold weather I have a decent Assassins Creed themed Hoodie I got online from a company (not Ubisoft) that appears to have went out of business.

I ordered this morning the Hoodie in the Link below, expecting it to be of the same kind of quality the 1st one I have is.

https://www.merchoid.com/product/assassin-s-creed-odyssey-gladiator-in-training-tech-hoodie/

For when it gets more than mildly cold I will wear a thicker Neff (Skateboarding/Snowboarding apparel company) Hoodie; if it gets really cold I combine the 2, if it gets even colder I wear 3 layers of Hoodies.

It's one of the weirder/sometimes awful parts to living in Upstate New York, it seems these days more like 2 seasons than 4 (a huge winter and anywhere from 3-6 months of Summer, doesn't really feel like Spring and Autumn/Fall exist).

But I do like how stylish hoodies and coats can be, and I have not spend a crazy amount on any of them either (most was $80, but for brand new clothes that is Stylish and keeps me warm its money well spent).

Almost all of my winter coats have hoods except my L. L. Bean barn jacket. We get a lot of rain in central Virginia and a hood works great. It also can get both cold and windy in the winter up in the mountains.

I've got a couple of different coats...one is a rather nice wool coat that I don't wear often even though I like it. I don't want to ruin it at work by stuffing it into a tiny locker. So I wear either a white or pink puffy coat. (The white and pink coats are exactly the same, just different colors! I bought the white one new and found the pink one at a yard sale the next spring. It was like new so I got it as a backup.)

I have a couple of hoodies, but nothing specifically themed like yours. I've got two 'work hoodies' (or 'hooties' as the HR rep says it. LOL And now everyone says it and she's like "Staaaaahp.") My job tends to give them out as holiday gifts for everyone for a job well done. They're pretty thick and we're allowed to wear just the hoodie on Fridays since it has the company logo.

I have a Pikachu hoodie that I like (even though funny enough Pikachu isn't my favorite Pokemon. XD). I also have a currently unwearable hoodie with Animal from The Muppet Show (it's too tight 'cause I gained weight. I still love it too much to get rid of it.)

What I really want is a well-done Cookie Monster or Big Bird hoodie. :3 (I'll also take Grover or Oscar the Grouch)

I'm hoping with the popularity of unicorns this year that I'll be able to find a pretty unicorn hoodie that's not MLP. It's not that I don't like MLP, I just like regular ol' magical unicorns better at times. That and the only MLP hoodies I could find were online and cost a bunch of money or weren't in my size. :p (Unlike you I don't wear hoodies as coat replacements and can't justify spending $80 on them. XD I'll still look and go "OMG. That looks cool!" But I still will say "But not $80 cool for me.")

I actually don't have many jackets or coats. I do have a trench coat, but that eventually became a joke among my friends. After I wore the coat and tons of other stuff when I went to buy a dress (I was trying not to be found out), they all started saying I looked like the Terminator, and even though I look nothing like him and act nothing like him, it's still pretty funny. Every time I see the coat, I'm either reminded of the Terminator or Neo from The Matrix, and even though the coat looks cool, I don't want to walk in a store or a restaurant and have everyone hit the floor. That would just suck.

Being that the coat I have is gray (yes, I know that's not the coat in either movie), I wanted a tan one, a black one, and maybe even a black leather one (not regular leather, that fake kind where it's really shiny and looks like plastic). Also, I know these exist somewhere, I'd like to try to get the T-Birds jacket and the Pink Ladies jackets from Grease, but then I'd probably be scared of damaging them. I also wanted a black hoodie dress, at least long enough to hide my underwear/diaper, since that's a pretty big problem with most of my clothes.

Well, my $80 hoodies are not $80 just because they look good, they actually do what they are supposed to do (keep me warm), while looking good at the same time and they also feel way better than a cheap Coat/Jacket/Hoodie due to better material and being made in a better way (more breathable and my thicker/Heavier Hoodies also have zippers at certain areas so if you get too warm you can unzip and open up armpit vents to cool down and have more breathability).

If you buy the cheapest thing all the time, you can never understand the quality of a better product, this goes for just about everything except for basic raw ingredients (like Sugar, Baking Soda, Cans of Fruits/Vegetables, theres a lot less factories for these things than you would probably expect, and the difference between a "Generic/Store" brand and a name brand for these products is usually just the label and a small price difference).

I've offered to share Pizza with people at work before for basically what I had to pay, and cheap people go "that's too much money", well fine, they can stick to $3-$5 large/extra large frozen pizzas then.

Still, I don't have that kind of money to toss down for a hoodie that I probably would -not- wear all the time because I get too cold for a sweatshirt/hoodie to keep me warm. :p If I wore them as much as you do, it would be an investment, but I -don't-. (So stahp tryin' to say that I 'don't understand' the quality, dude. That's kind of insulting. :p I understand a lot more than you probably realize. ;) )

Basically it would be the same thing as me buying a top of the line vape. I don't smoke, I don't vape. It would be a waste of money for me. XD

Well, they are probably warmer than you would expect (unless you frequently experience minus degree weather, I've worn 2 layers in close to 0 degree weather and been fine, worse than that I would go with 3 layers).

But I get the part about not having the budget, if you cant afforb better products you just find a way to make do with cheaper products, I've had cheaper Hoodies before and would often need 3 whereas with my thicker jacket most of the chilly part of the year I only need 1 layer, but once snow starts falling and theres minus degree windchill I go for 2 or 3 layers.

BabyTyrant said:
Well, they are probably warmer than you would expect (unless you frequently experience minus degree weather, I've worn 2 layers in close to 0 degree weather and been fine, worse than that I would go with 3 layers).

But I get the part about not having the budget, if you cant afforb better products you just find a way to make do with cheaper products, I've had cheaper Hoodies before and would often need 3 whereas with my thicker jacket most of the chilly part of the year I only need 1 layer, but once snow starts falling and theres minus degree windchill I go for 2 or 3 layers.

The negative temperatures are pretty common around my area. :p And I work in a factory where it's usually pretty cold inside, too. Not like...refrigerated, but our heating isn't designed to really keep US warm, it's to keep the product warm so it'll go together like it should. LOL Now I'm going to be working on the docks (trailer docks, not ocean docks) so it'll probably be even colder. I usually just put on a really good pair of thermal underwear instead of something over the top of me. My job demands that I wear a uniform, so basically if I did spend the extra $$$ on a nice hoodie it would either be unwearable to work or be ruined BY work. I wear 'junk' clothes to work, so that if I get something on them it's not a big deal. Fancy thermals go under junk clothes and don't really matter if they look good because they're supposed to be functional.

TL:DR - If I bought an $80 hoodie and it got grease on it, I'd be pretty upset. But if I don't wear it to work, it'd never -get- worn. (Like about eighty percent of my "So cute! It's awesome!" clothes. :p)

I thrifted about 90% of my outerwear. There are tags missing and I don't know what brands they are. My warmest coat is this down monstrosity that makes me look like the guy from Resident Evil who sells stuff out of his coat ("WHADDYA BUYIN'?").

OmiOMy said:
I thrifted about 90% of my outerwear. There are tags missing and I don't know what brands they are. My warmest coat is this down monstrosity that makes me look like the guy from Resident Evil who sells stuff out of his coat ("WHADDYA BUYIN'?").

:laugh:

Sorry, the mental image made me giggle. And then you whip open your coat and it's just a bunch of individually wrapped cookies. XD

CuddleWoozle said:

Sorry, the mental image made me giggle. And then you whip open your coat and it's just a bunch of individually wrapped cookies. XD

I got the good stuff right here: cream filled, frosted, and lookee here… that's peanut butter chocolate chip. You know you want it. *gestures at side of coat*

OmiOMy said:
I got the good stuff right here: cream filled, frosted, and lookee here… that's peanut butter chocolate chip. You know you want it. *gestures at side of coat*

*climbs into the coat and squeezes into a pocket*

CARRY ON! I'll just be in here. Having a snack.

I have a nice brown leather jacket and a black felt stetson hat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back