We don't have many "true" baby diapers in adult sizes

Do you feel we need more designs for diapers that a actual baby/toddler might wear?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kratox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
First thing I want to say:
I AM NOT HATING ON THE PRODUCTS WE HAVE, I AM DISCUSSING HOW WE ARE MOVING AWAY FROM REAL BABY DESIGNS, WHAT WE CAN DO TO FIX IT, AND HOW OTHERS FEEL. I AM NOT SAYING THE ONES WE HAVE SHOULDN'T EXIST

Question:
-------------------
Doesn't it seem like our current ab/dl diapers are diapers designed for us, and not ones that would be designed for kids but made in adult sizes?

Explanation:
-------------------
I know there are people in this market that want diapers that look like modern day baby diaper designs, but it seems like our community is heading in another direction and trying to put those thoughts behind us.
There is nothing wrong with what we have, but besides a couple of designs, I wouldn't expect to see many babies/toddlers wearing them.

Well is there a difference?:
-------------------
I would argue yes. I feel most baby diapers try to fit a theme of cuteness and innocence while our products seem to fit more of "this looks cool". Maybe we should take the time to change our focus to achieve this goal for select products.

Well your WRONG on all your points!!!!
-------------------
I actually took time on my own and studied up on how shapes and colors portray emotions from a graphical designs aspect and I have analyzed what most baby diapers do to achieve the emotion they give. I am legit talking about what a shape shows. Why you would use swirls or stars in a design. Why having sharper corners matters vs more round curves. I even do this partial in my art I draw for people. I try and cater the picture to their attitude based on how their art they got from others is, and also the things they like music, games, etc.

Why do some characters matter on designs more than others?
-------------------
Some of this will be personal preference but for the most part, majority of the characters used in baby diapers already have their mood or tone set from a social standpoint. This is to not say that generic characters don't work, but you have to use what a viewer will see to portray past actions for said character. If you slap a random fox on a diaper it really doesn't tell you much about him. You are probably not gonna get the vibe of cuteness or innocence that people relate with said product. You can spice it up and make the design more chubby, maybe add in clothes that symbolize ruggedness and playfulness.

This can also explain why some got upset with pampers recent changes. There is no special connections to those characters.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An example to prove my point:
Differences between baby diaper designs and adults:

Baby:
-------------------
* Designs:
  • - based on trying to make the kid look more grown up
  • - They use underwear patterns to represent "I'M A BIG KID" when they aren't (people adore this and find this cute)
  • - Use of childish objects relating to imagination
* Colors:
  • - colors are used to portray innocence
  • - Common use of light colored pastels to set the mood/theme
* Shapes/patterns:
  • - Shapes fit towards imagination/expected cliches
  • - Use of symbols that portray emotion common to humans
  • - Characters and shapes seem to fit bigger as a design on them
* Fit:
  • - The fit of the diaper is designed to stop blowouts by fitting higher in the back
  • - *slight opinion* (I feel some sag is left in baby diapers to help with easier cleanup)

AB/DL:
-------------------
* Designs:
  • - targeted towards fandoms/kinks (nothing is wrong with this I just feel like we need more products geared towards something a baby would actually wear for other people of our community)
  • - Use of furry characters
  • - Spam of pink and princess
  • - Constant repeating pattern
* Colors:
  • - geared towards more neutral designs
* Shapes/patterns
  • - Shapes have to much detail or to little to compliment the design
  • - Patterns thrown onto diaper
  • - Characters and shapes don't seem to scale properly
* Fit:
  • - fit is copy and paste of adult products
  • - doesn't try and gear towards the "baby look"

What we should do?:
-------------------
I feel like we need someone to make a new diaper design but think about how they would make it for a true baby, then just make it in adult sizes.

P.S.:
The sad truth is we only have like 2 diapers in the whole market that were used on actual baby diapers. I used to wear the baby diaper cushies, but they where a light pastel blue and looked cuter IMO, than what we have now. No the cushies aren't horrible I like them just the baby ones color scheme was better.

A g r e e.

I agree on what you're saying, but at the same time, it's not that big of a deal to me.

I would definetly buy the bigger size Pampers replica than actual Pampers if they actually made them exactly the same, just bigger. Not like right now where they just slap a plastic cover which look like it was an after thought. Even the SDK doesn't look like a Pampers and they are using the design! One can only dream. 😕

I like the diapers with the pics on the tape panels only, such as Peek Abu's.

There are loads of ab/dl diapers out there now. Must be an exploding market, but yeah, I think pretty much all of them are not really a real design you would find on a baby diaper, besides all white or something. But imho, they are adult diapers regardless of the fact that we want bigger baby diapers.

ABDL diapers are all imported from the same Chinese manufacturers. They just custom print their own logos on the plastic and increase the price by 500% and the ABDL eats it up because there's no one else to undercut their business with something better.

Pampers would never design a baby diaper meant for adults because the bulk of their customers would view it as a fetish product and they'd boycott the brand.

Comfort-wise: ABDL diapers have got nothing on baby diapers.

We're actually closer than you think in some ways, but not so much in looking like Pampers or Huggies, but say, ABU Preschools are very much similar to off-brands like Kidgets from Family Dollar. I've been saying I would kill for a version of those with the absorbency and hook-and-loop taping system seen on Bambino's Magnificos and then we'd be prettymuch there. Other than the fasteners they're nearly identical.

Yay more diapers and diapers aimed differently could be a great thing.

i dont have too much allure to baby diapers, so im pretty satisfied with the current abdl diaper line up. thats not to say that i would love new prints and all that. i would love to see some of the old prints redone like the spoiled diaper from rearz.

so what is your opinion of:

- ABU Preschool

- ABU Crushies

- ABU Super Dry Kids

- Rearz Vintage Replica

- Rearz Inspire Select

- Cuddlz DryDayz

I have to agree, personally I'm more for replicas of what I wore as a baby in the 90's so SDK would match my needs, but would like to see more variety to match other manufactures of the time. Of course, I'd also like to see an ABDL company make a faithful reproduction of the XL plain white goodnites (none of the grandparent waist band like on depends) that WOULD fit adults, and outperform. I think licensing is an issue for the companies, where they could get sued by manufactures and/or companies that would have licensed characters (like if someone made a Lion King, Hercules, Toy Story or Monsters Inc ABDL product). I also think the current designs do at least hit a mid ground, as they work for people who identify as DL and AB just not 100% to either.

Last edited:
Seems we're in a bit of a rut with ABDL diaper design right now, although I expect we'll see more movement soon. The elastics on the Bambino Magnifico were a very encouraging development, and I do like what ABU is doing with its prints. (I think the PeekABU is quite cute, even if the fundamentals of the diaper itself are a bit "old.") The capacity stuff has gotten downright silly, though. I'm not convinced that even a significant minority of ABDLs take advantage of the absurd capacities we see advertised for these diapers, but because capacity can be boiled down to a number, the marketing types have grabbed onto it and made it the focus. And so, instead of investing in more elastics and other design features that might appeal to the baby diaper fanciers, they go for (supposedly) innovative SAP and fluff. *Yawn*

Oh well. I have faith. :)

Whats the use of designs anyway, if the diaper is hidden? Do you look in the mirror all day or is it just the thought?

Who are the people we want to impress with our designs? Kids can look cute ( parents are watching ) but with adults? Nobody in a hospital will give you a compliment because your diaper looks cute.

NeverKnow said:
I do tend to be very surprised that ABDL diapers companies seem not to have looked at baby diapers and brainstormed answers to the question "What characterizes this style of artwork and how can we emulate it?" I also think someone should just commission a professional, non-ABDL, non-furry graphic designer and just have him/her design a baby diaper.

What's with all the 'can't be ABDL or furry' in the design department? (Not every 'cute animal' design is furry-related. Crinklz are, but only because the little animals are anthropomorphic and have a bunch of detail. Also the artist, but still.) And also a -ton- of baby diapers do have cutesy little animal designs on them. You get some alternates with color patterns or other items, but they're not the 'norm'.

Here. What you think? Of course I could also just splatter a ton of stars around or color-block an argyle pattern and call it a day but where's the fun and creativity in -that-?

g926m.png

(Also sorry not sorry for the watermarking. ;) )

Edit: Also any poor alignment is due to the fact that I whipped that together in less than a half-hour. ;) Obviously if it were going to something more impressive than posting to the forum I would go back over and tweak any alignments and such.

CuddleWoozle said:
What's with all the 'can't be ABDL or furry' in the design department? (Not every 'cute animal' design is furry-related. Crinklz are, but only because the little animals are anthropomorphic and have a bunch of detail. Also the artist, but still.) And also a -ton- of baby diapers do have cutesy little animal designs on them. You get some alternates with color patterns or other items, but they're not the 'norm'.

I think it's just an attempt to have the widest appeal. Realistic babies are clearly out. I think drawn babies would still be a bit too creepy for a lot of people. There are a few brands we've seen with just diapers on them, but those are pretty uncommon. Then there's all the various "themes" like fab sense, space, little builders, safari, etc. So none of those does a good job of catering to the "diaper lover" theme in its art. But getting to diaperfurs, there you can have something anthropomorphic (usually "kid" age) actually wearing a diaper without weirding people out. It's got fairly wide appeal, and there's a lot of talented artists in the field that have some good babyfur drawing skills.

It's interesting to see that there are very few babyfurs on diapers, it's actually mostly (young) diaperfurs. Bambino's Bellissimo and teddy are the only babyfurs I can really think of. Even crinklz is getting out of baby and into kid range by age, walking and blowing bubbles. (and the rest of the characters on the diaper actually aren't even wearing diapers) I think they're doing this to allow the user to "relate to" the characters in the artwork. Maybe like "I'm not the only one wearing a diaper here, this is feeling more normal"?

I think it's just difficult for these manufacturers to come up with a "theme" that goes well with AB and DL without weirding people out or otherwise limiting the appeal.

Do you think he'd pass the 'nursery design' test? ;3

I'd like the Tykables stuff better if they toned down the triad color schemes a bit. The artwork isn't what bugs me, it's that each diaper is 'blue-green-red'. I get it if it's their 'thing', but I don't think I'll ever try one on 'cause the combo ends up being 'Christmassy'. XD

That's the bit I also don't get...everywhere you see ABDL there are rattles/bibs/bonnets on stuff and it's almost never on real baby things. Mostly on things announcing baby showers and the like. The designs -could- be cute, but they often don't hit the 'awwwwww' buttons on me. The 'unrelated' dissonance isn't just for diaper designs though, it's everywhere in ABDL stuff. Like it bugs the crap out of me when they feel the need to add wording to things, especially when it's unrelated to the item in question.

A baby romper with strawberries printed on it might say something like "Berry sweet!" or "I'm berry cute!" but an ABDL one with the same print would say something stupidly unrelated like "Crybaby" or "Daddy's princess". (Or worse...much worse. I've seen too many things that I would have actually bought had they not been emblazoned with stuff like "Daddy's little diaper slut" In some things the DDlg stuff is NOT doing ABDL any favors. LOL)

I don't know if it's that the stuff is being made in China (where not everyone has a good grasp of the nuances of English (and shouldn't have to.) or that it's being 'sexual-fetish-marketed'. Or if they just don't have someone on staff to say "You're making a onesie with baseballs and having it say "Touchdown" and "Hat Trick"? That's dumb. Make it say "Home Run" and "Batter up!" instead.

- - - Updated - - -

bambinod said:
It's interesting to see that there are very few babyfurs on diapers, it's actually mostly (young) diaperfurs. Bambino's Bellissimo and teddy are the only babyfurs I can really think of. Even crinklz is getting out of baby and into kid range by age, walking and blowing bubbles. (and the rest of the characters on the diaper actually aren't even wearing diapers) I think they're doing this to allow the user to "relate to" the characters in the artwork. Maybe like "I'm not the only one wearing a diaper here, this is feeling more normal"?

No no no. Babyfur = AB + furry, diaperfur = DL + furry. It's not an age-of-character description it's an interest description. ;) So what you'd want is more like "There aren't a lot of actual baby furries on diapers, most of them are older like kids." It makes it sound like folks are going to grow out of being AB and become DL at some point. *giggles*

So the real question comes down to "What kind of pictures (socially acceptable pictures. LOL) do DL want on a diaper?" I've noted a lot of DL who have little-to-no AB interests just want plain ones or plain colors. So...what? Cars? Hula Girls? Leg Lamps? Wrenches? Saws and Drills? Cooking Pans? Food? Just patterns?

With no guidance on what people -want- it's hard to fill that order.

so im googleing image of baby diapers right now and for pampers and huggies they both have trademarked themes on them. so for an adult diaper company to do something similar they would have to pay for the rights to use it ( if they are allowed to at all). however i see that luvs has just a plain purple monkey and purple print. a little green on the sides. this i think would be a good idea to copy. i for one would like to see the size put on adult diapers as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back