Do your kids know you wear diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Yes, agreed. If one cannot find it in the DSM 5, he or she isn't doing a good job of looking.

Teaching children that you're willing to ignore them asking honest questions-- bad idea. They might very well find an unsavory character to ask.

Clearly you didn't read the wiki article then. Go back and this time pay attention to the entries related to the DSM. And like I said, this was just the very first google hit (and without actually entering in "DSM" as part of the search).

And giving people easily obtained answers doesn't help them, it is in your words a "bad idea". They might very well find it unsavory, but teaching them how to look something up actually DOES help them in the long run.

You, sir, are hilarious. I didn't say she should make his every blooming answer easy to obtain, but, I do wonder how many of the purposeful wettings her son had, were after he knew, and she chose to ignore him. I wonder if maybe he was asking for some, without knowing the words that wouldn't get him in trouble, or, if he was getting back at her for not answering him. Blatantly ignoring a question teaches children, "Mom's a witch. I'll get revenge."

I'd rather be given an age appropriate answer, or even be told to look it up, (although I think he may've been a prereader at the time he asked. If I remember correctly, he was very young.) than out and out ignored. I didn't say the kid would find it unsavory. I said he'd find an unsavory character to ask. Think about it. If mom won't answer, someone will.

Last edited:
Slomo said:
Clearly you didn't read the wiki article then. Go back and this time pay attention to the entries related to the DSM. And like I said, this was just the very first google hit (and without actually entering in "DSM" as part of the search).

And giving people easily obtained answers doesn't help them, it is in your words a "bad idea". They might very well find it unsavory, but teaching them how to look something up actually DOES help them in the long run.

First: I read the pathetic Wiki link you provided does not give a link to the DSM-5 text/entry.

Second: Wiki is pure shit and is not accepted in ANY reputable academic setting. Any idiot can go in and change what is in Wiki.

Third: In the words of the character Robert Langdon from he author Jum Brown “google is not a synonym for research”.

You haven’t taught anyone how to look up anything.

Last edited:
Calico said:
If you are incontinent, the answer is pretty obvious. But what about if you don't have a medical condition, what do you tell them when they find out and ask you about it? Or do you just dodge the question?

My daughter almost found out one day - she walked in our bedroom thinking I was still asleep to wake me, however, I was in the process of taking my diaper off. Fortunately for me my dirty diaper hamper is right by the door so I was behind the door at the time so I was able to quickly shut it before she opened it the whole way. I'm not sure what I would say if either of my kids found out I wear them; I would probably tell them I need to.

I have two adult children who know about my incontinence and my need to wear a diaper. Their mother and I broke up (partly because of my wife’s inability to accept my incontinence) when the kids were about 10 and 8 respectively. I’m not sure when or how they found out about my incontinence. It’s quite possible that their mother told them. The kids asked me about my situation when they were teenagers, and I told the the truth.

Inconinmiss said:
I have two adult children who know about my incontinence and my need to wear a diaper. Their mother and I broke up (partly because of my wife’s inability to accept my incontinence) when the kids were about 10 and 8 respectively. I’m not sure when or how they found out about my incontinence. It’s quite possible that their mother told them. The kids asked me about my situation when they were teenagers, and I told the the truth.
See, now, that just hurts me for you.

"In sickness and in health," means nothing anymore, I guess.

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
See, now, that just hurts me for you.

"In sickness and in health," means nothing anymore, I guess.

Nope. I’m also part of that club, unfortunately.

Reactions: PVClovingcowboy
Inconinmiss said:

I'm sorry to hear that, Inconinmiss. My wife has been supportive throughout this whole process for me, and has been involved in every possible treatment decision. In fact, she was the one who ultimately said to just wear diapers and get on with my life and quit dealing with the roller coaster of trying to get "better." It reminds me of how lucky I am to have someone who understands, and makes me sad for you and others that don't have that same support. Are your kids more accepting of your situation?

mayhem said:
First: I read the pathetic Wiki link you provided does not give a link to the DSM-5 text/entry.

Second: Wiki is pure shit and is not accepted in ANY reputable academic setting. Any idiot can go in and change what is in Wiki.

Third: In the words of the character Robert Langdon from he author Jum Brown “google is not a synonym for research”.

You haven’t taught anyone how to look up anything.

And yet the very thing that makes sites like Wiki and the Urban dictionary non-reputable is the very same thing that makes them the first place anyone should look something up when beginning to research a topic. That is, they are both written by laymen (aka, any idiot), and the information they represent is reflected by how it is seen in general society- not by some panel of disconnected "experts".

And yes, when actually doing research on any topic- always include a minimum of three verified (and reputable) resources.

Hopefully your kids will be more mature about it than your ex-wife.

Slomo said:
And yet the very thing that makes sites like Wiki and the Urban dictionary non-reputable is the very same thing that makes them the first place anyone should look something up when beginning to research a topic. That is, they are both written by laymen (aka, any idiot), and the information they represent is reflected by how it is seen in general society- not by some panel of disconnected "experts".

And yes, when actually doing research on any topic- always include a minimum of three verified (and reputable) resources.

I’ve had several PMs from posters here about you being a troll, and this post confirms it. I have faith in humanity, that no one is that stupid. I’m not going to bother with further replies to your ttrolling responses. If you want to continue your uneducated remarks, take it to PMs so you don’t further embarrass yourself.

Last edited:
And what exactly makes you think that? Or are you confusing what an internet troll actually is?

What I said I very much meant. None of it was meant to disrupt or decieve anyone. This is the exact opposite description of a troll.

And it IS true; the very basis of people-written information websites is that info represents the very intent of the people. Nobody can argue the value of that.

I have one son, he is all boy and he is going on 14. Even at that I think that he is too young to understand my..."need". I have been extremely discreet around him; for me almost to the point of paranoia. As a former poster put it, that can be frustrating as I just want to be myself especially in my own home. I would much rather be walking around in a diaper plastic pants and a snappy t-shirt than wearing the same but covered up in clothing.

I have broken my back and have had many deep injections into the lower spine, I am also dealing with allot of prostate issues that has me on several medications with urinary issues, not IC though. All of these things are true, so I suppose that I could weave them into some kind of "need" to wear diapers if I had to. But then one day I would have to tell him the truth, and how do you explain pacifiers/baby-bottles/short -alls/baby blankets. There really is no medical need there is there?

I struggle with, on the one hand trying to raise my son into being a man while simultaneously wearing diapers and trying to regress. The dichotomy is hard to wrap my mind around and makes me feel guilty about it all, although my wife helps to keep the highs and lows leveled off. I have not gone through any binge purge cycles since I came out to my wife. She wont let me.

That conversation, it is a bridge that I do not want to cross, not any time soon.

I personally don't have any children to worry about. TBH I really don't want children; which is easy without a girlfriend of any sort.

littlemoosey said:
I have one son, he is all boy and he is going on 14. Even at that I think that he is too young to understand my..."need". I have been extremely discreet around him; for me almost to the point of paranoia. As a former poster put it, that can be frustrating as I just want to be myself especially in my own home. I would much rather be walking around in a diaper plastic pants and a snappy t-shirt than wearing the same but covered up in clothing.

I have broken my back and have had many deep injections into the lower spine, I am also dealing with allot of prostate issues that has me on several medications with urinary issues, not IC though. All of these things are true, so I suppose that I could weave them into some kind of "need" to wear diapers if I had to. But then one day I would have to tell him the truth, and how do you explain pacifiers/baby-bottles/short -alls/baby blankets. There really is no medical need there is there?

I struggle with, on the one hand trying to raise my son into being a man while simultaneously wearing diapers and trying to regress. The dichotomy is hard to wrap my mind around and makes me feel guilty about it all, although my wife helps to keep the highs and lows leveled off. I have not gone through any binge purge cycles since I came out to my wife. She wont let me.

That conversation, it is a bridge that I do not want to cross, not any time soon.

Her son, aged in the single digits when he found out, if I'm not mistaken, already knows. As a parent, either don't let that happen, or, be prepared to help him somehow. I vote you don't let that happen, but, hey.

Like I said, her son has had some apparently purposeful, wettings, and I wonder if her not giving some kind of answer, is why.

"Mommy's got something classified as a fetish," is wholly inappropriate.

"I'm an adult, and can do what I want, but don't you dare start this before you're grown, or we have the authority, as your parents, to, at the very least, shame you, if not, punish you, for doing the same thing as a child, as I do as an adult. Yes, it's the biggest double standard in human history, but, it's the way the world works," covers all the bases quite nicely.

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Her son, aged in the single digits when he found out, if I'm not mistaken, already knows. As a parent, either don't let that happen, or, be prepared to help him somehow. I vote you don't let that happen, but, hey.

Like I said, her son has had some apparently purposeful, wettings, and I wonder if her not giving some kind of answer, is why.

"Mommy's got something classified as a fetish," is wholly inappropriate.

"I'm an adult, and can do what I want, but don't you dare start this before you're grown, or we have the authority, as your parents, to, at the very least, shame you, if not, punish you, for doing the same thing as a child, as I do as an adult. Yes, it's the biggest double standard in human history, but, it's the way the world works," covers all the bases quite nicely.

I think that I got what you just said here, but maybe not. Who is, " her son in the single digits"? And "covers all the bases quite nicely" ? Im not sure that would work. If he were ever to find out I would not give him the, "do as I say and not as I do lecture".

For now, I have plausible medical explanations if the cat were to get out of the bag. Like I said, I am discreet to the point of paranoia.

littlemoosey said:
I think that I got what you just said here, but maybe not. Who is, " her son in the single digits"? And "covers all the bases quite nicely" ? Im not sure that would work. If he were ever to find out I would not give him the, "do as I say and not as I do lecture".

For now, I have plausible medical explanations if the cat were to get out of the bag. Like I said, I am discreet to the point of paranoia.
I was talking about Calico's son.

I think the, "Do as I say, not as I do," lecture sucks, too, so, I'd go for, "When you're older, but, not before then, okay, and, no blabbing, lest they put mom in the looney bin, and, you in foster care, understand? Promise? Good. Love you, kiddo, and, if this is in you, I'm sorry I'm asking you to wait so long, while I don't have to, but, it's only a few more years. I understand if you can't wait that long, but, if you can't, it'll have to be a private activity, that you take care of by yourself. I can't be involved. Understand?"

If it were my child, I certainly wouldn't punish, or get angry at all, for wettings, 1, because, you never, ever, punish bodily function snafus, according to any decent pediatrician, 2, because, they may've happened because I chose to ignore an honest question, or, 3, because he was asking me for some, without knowing the words that wouldn't get him in trouble.

littlemoosey said:
If he were ever to find out I would not give him the, "do as I say and not as I do lecture".
I agree. He may not understand now, or ever, but what you are "doing" is playing at life the best way you can with the cards you were dealt. Doesn't seem like a terrible lecture from a father.

littlemoosey said:
If he were ever to find out I would not give him the, "do as I say and not as I do lecture".
Drifter said:
I agree. He may not understand now, or ever, but what you are "doing" is playing at life the best way you can with the cards you were dealt. Doesn't seem like a terrible lecture from a father.
What I was trying for, was to point out how messed up it is, that sometimes, to be considered a decent parent, one is expected to use a lecture that angeringly flawed. I've seen a court case of a parent losing custody for having an un potty trained 5-year-old, so, I'd be very careful how I'd handle it, if I suspected this was in my kid.

We can use that lecture, for no other reason than because we have all the power, in a completely non-voluntary relationship. Does doing that to our children make us feel like adults!? Why!? My intention was to draw attention to how messed up using that lecture, and punishing for wetting, and soiling, are. Even if purposeful, well, there's your operative word, purposeful. What was the purpose? You're the parent! Find out! Punishment is an open admission, that you, the parent, the one with the responsibility to be a competent giant, don't know how to reinforce for the appropriate behavior, so, you punish the inappropriate one. Yeah, because punishing people works so well, that's why our prisons are so exemplary. Why not teach instead?

Punishment doesn't teach what to do instead. It teaches, "I won't get caught next time," "I'll get revenge," and, worst of all, "I'm a terrible person."

Which of those do we want in our kids? Please, please, teach instead!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back