3/3/18 I am drunk from the get to gether

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angellothefox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I am drunk from the charity shop get together that I had 3 alcoholic bevrages and another 2 when I got home :smile:

Angellothefox said:
I am drunk from the charity shop get together that I had 3 alcoholic bevrages and another 2 when I got home :smile:

This is hardly something to brag about! Do you have any idea what kind of damage you are doing to your own body? And what about you're own judgement. Doesn't getting drunk prove your own character lacks good judgement?

Don't get me wrong, I consume about 10~ "drinks"/ounces of hard liquor most every night. NEVER enough to even remotely get buzzed though- let alone drunk (yes as a Marine I can hold my liquor). I fully understand the benefits of alcohol in moderation- just as I understand the negatives of alcohol in excess.

And you have crossed that line. Shame on you.

Bloody hell, that's a bit harsh!

You admitted you drink twice as much as he does almost every night!!! And you claim not to even get drunk!

What's the point in damaging your body when you don't even get drunk? Doesn't that "prove your own character lacks judgement"?

And what's the harm in getting drunk every once in a while? It's human nature.

Slomo said:
I fully understand the benefits of alcohol in moderation- just as I understand the negatives of alcohol in excess.

And you have crossed that line. Shame on you.

But... you're not drinking in moderation! You've crossed that line by twice as much as Angelo. Shame on you?

tiny said:
Bloody hell, that's a bit harsh!

You admitted you drink twice as much as he does almost every night!!! And you claim not to even get drunk!

What's the point in damaging your body when you don't even get drunk? Doesn't that "prove your own character lacks judgement"?

And what's the harm in getting drunk every once in a while? It's human nature.

But... you're not drinking in moderation! You've crossed that line by twice as much as Angelo. Shame on you?

Sometimes truly helping a person means giving them a swift kick in the butt. Seriously, do you believe a "aww poor boy", and a pat on the back is going to actually help the OP? Or will a dose of harsh reality maybe help more?

And yes, I have been drinking since I was 18 in the Marines, continued it after my injury and realization that alcohol works better (and with fewer side effects) than opiates (let alone illicit drugs). And yes, NEVER in excess enough to get drunk. I "may" get buzzed 2-3 times a month, but I KNOW my limits. It isn't that hard to figure out.

For the record, take a look at the hundreds of papers done on alcohol- by the World Health Organization alone. And when you're done, start on the US Surgeon General. Consuming alcohol- IN MODERATION- has many, many benefits to it. Crossing the line and getting drunk though, well that pales in comparison with the even more negative effects. Given soooooo many have no self-control, the negatives outweigh the benefits- hence why the W.H.O recommends most avoid it in the first place.

As for the harms, again I refer you to the W.H.O. and surgeon general. And lastly, "moderation" is going to be different amounts for everyone. Not everyone metabolizes alcohol at the same rate after all. Just because I can consume more than double what others can (my body HAS built up a resistance over the decades after all), doesn't mean I am drinking in excess. Excess means drunk, something I NEVER do (and with pride!).

is it really necessary to force your beliefs on others? i love vodka. she makes me feel better when i feel sad

Drinking in excess is never okay. People forget that alcohol is a very addictive drug that can quite easily turn from drinking in moderation to a full-blown addiction. I worked in a industry filled with alcoholics and inevitably turned one of my favorite hobbies, drinking, into a harmful addiction. I used alcohol to self-medicate myself from the hardships of life. Unfortunately alcohol becomes a crutch that you rely on to get through the day.

In moderation there is nothing wrong alcohol. Unfortunately when you're in your twenties you certainly do not drink for moderation. OP I'm not trying to lecture you, but just be cautious when drinking.

Alexia said:
is it really necessary to force your beliefs on others? i love vodka. she makes me feel better when i feel sad

When those beliefs have the real potential of endangering those around you, then yes. It IS right, heck it's our moral duty to curb dangerous beliefs like this.

And for the record, getting drunk does NOT make you feel better. It only helps lessen what you feel for a short time, before rebounding right back to where you were before (with a hang over to boot).

Slomo said:
Sometimes truly helping a person means giving them a swift kick in the butt. Seriously, do you believe a "aww poor boy", and a pat on the back is going to actually help the OP? Or will a dose of harsh reality maybe help more?

Ha! It very much depends on individual psychology, but that's not the issue.

It just seems rather hypocritical to "give Angelo a swift kick in the butt" for having five drinks once, when you, having ten drinks most nights are an alcoholic (if you want a swift kick in the butt). I have no problem with that or with you, but... Especially when you say he shouldn't brag about how much he drinks... and then brag about how you drink even more!

Slomo said:
And yes, I have been drinking since I was 18 in the Marines, continued it after my injury and realization that alcohol works better (and with fewer side effects) than opiates (let alone illicit drugs).

Regardless of whether you're addicted or not, it's your life and who am I to say what is "best" for you. But... the same goes for Angelo, doesn't it? How can you call his one-off actions shameful, when you are twice as bad almost every day? It seems disproportionate.

Slomo said:
And yes, NEVER in excess enough to get drunk. I "may" get buzzed 2-3 times a month, but I KNOW my limits. It isn't that hard to figure out.

You were telling Angelo about all the harm he's doing to his body by drinking! The fact that have ten drinks a night and rarely get "buzzed" shows that you have built up a tolerance to alcohol.

Your tolerance does not protect you from the harms that alcohol causes. And there's no doubt that your high alcohol intake is causing you harm, whether you know it or not.

Closing, as we generally don't allow posts like this (No focus)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back