Not open for further replies.

Drynites96

Leaky Sleeper
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Well my family and I are going to go camping in three weeks in Spain with a couple of friends for a week. We'll sleep in a rented caravan, which means that I'll have to sleep in a twin bed with my older sister (she's 22). She doesn't know about my occasional Bedwetting and I'm a bit paranoid that she's going to find out. I thought about using these Drynites bed mats and asked my best friend (who knows about my problem) if he would use the bed mats or Drynites. He said he would use the Drynites and I think it would be more discreet but I dunno where and how I could hide them... I already know where I can change so that shoudn't be a Problem.

Should I take a whole pack with me or buy them there ? What should I do if they don't have any? Should I wear underwear over them to hide the crinkle? And what do I do about the added bulk if I'm going to wear underwear over them?

I know these are a lot of questions and I apologize for that but my mind's all over the place at the moment...

why be ashamed of the bed wetting? Just use what you need to and enjoy the vacation.

much better her to find out about your bedwetting by seeing your diaper than by soaking the bed...

I think she'd be happier to see you thought ahead then created more laundry by soaking the sheets.

Just let her know quietly asside.

I definitely side with telling your sister, buying the Drynights and wearing them, all for the same reasons given. No one should be ashamed over a medical condition. It is what it is.

Seconded on using the diapers you need, as well as just telling you sister in advance.

Seriously, if you think she might not like using the same bed as her diapered brother, think how mad she'll be if you don't use them and she wakes up in a pee soaked bed.

Slomo said:
Seconded on using the diapers you need, as well as just telling you sister in advance.

Seriously, if you think she might not like using the same bed as her diapered brother, think how mad she'll be if you don't use them and she wakes up in a pee soaked bed.
I know but I'm too ashamed to tell her...

Gesendet von meinem SM-A510F mit Tapatalk

INCONTAL said:
why be ashamed of the bed wetting? Just use what you need to and enjoy the vacation.
Yeah...

Generally speaking I think siblings are less likely to freak out than parents will (I don't know for a fact), but i guess it depends on how close you are to them. You said your sister is 22, so generally speaking mature enough not to make a big thing about it.

There's nothing to be ashamed of about it, bedwetting happens to a lot people, from a range of ages (it's the reasons DryNites exist).

I'm with the others, that telling your sister and wearing the DryNites is better than not. At the end of the day it's up to you, but your probably sleep easier and enjoy the trip if your not worrying about it.

I'm on the fence about telling her about it, but I would definitely wear the DryNites and not have any worries about wetting the bed. As it was said above, her finding out about the diapers is far better than her finding out by the bed being wet.

BabyBoyRyan said:
Generally speaking I think siblings are less likely to freak out than parents will (I don't know for a fact), but i guess it depends on how close you are to them. You said your sister is 22, so generally speaking mature enough not to make a big thing about it.

There's nothing to be ashamed of about it, bedwetting happens to a lot people, from a range of ages (it's the reasons DryNites exist).

I'm with the others, that telling your sister and wearing the DryNites is better than not. At the end of the day it's up to you, but your probably sleep easier and enjoy the trip if your not worrying about it.

I dunno tbh... My mother found out about my Bedwetting a couple of months ago and didn't make a big fuss about it. I think my sister would either freak out or would think that I'm crazy... I dunno how I could tell her without it being awkward or without dying from shame and embarrassment.

- - - Updated - - -

zaps said:
I'm on the fence about telling her about it, but I would definitely wear the DryNites and not have any worries about wetting the bed. As it was said above, her finding out about the diapers is far better than her finding out by the bed being wet.

I know... But I don't know how I should bring it up without it sounding babyish...

Drynites96 said:
My mother found out about my Bedwetting a couple of months ago and didn't make a big fuss about it.

Just a thought:

Since your mom knows about your bedwetting and knows about your planned trip - how about asking your mom whether you should tell your sister or not?

you can't hide this from her, nothing good can come from trying to hide this from a person you are sharing a bed with. How do you think she's going to act if you pee on her? I can guarantee she'll be a-lot more upset if you don't bring this up. You're 20, you're old enough to understand that being an adult, you will experience embarrassing medical problems, so will your friends and family sometimes. These aren't things to be ashamed of.

Last edited:
Drynites96 said:
I dunno tbh... My mother found out about my Bedwetting a couple of months ago and didn't make a big fuss about it. I think my sister would either freak out or would think that I'm crazy... I dunno how I could tell her without it being awkward or without dying from shame and embarrassment.

- - - Updated - - -

I know... But I don't know how I should bring it up without it sounding babyish...

Just talk to your sister like an adult. There's nothing to be embarrassed about.

BabyDenise said:
Just a thought:

Since your mom knows about your bedwetting and knows about your planned trip - how about asking your mom whether you should tell your sister or not?

hmm I thought about that... that could work

- - - Updated - - -

rennecfox said:
you can't hide this from her, nothing good can come from trying to hide this from a person you are sharing a bed with. How do you think she's going to act if you pee on her? I can guarantee she'll be a-lot more upset if you don't bring this up. You're 20, you're old enough to understand that being an adult, you will experience embarrassing medical problems, so will your friends and family sometimes. These aren't things to be ashamed of.

I know but it´s really embarassing. I don´t know how she´s going to react and how I could bring it up...

- - - Updated - - -

AnimeDude892 said:
Just talk to your sister like an adult. There's nothing to be embarrassed about.

I think I´ll talk with her this Weekend...

Its tough at first when dealing with incontinence issues, tell your family its nothing to be ashamed of it will make a difference on how you enjoy your trip as you can wear proper diapers that you know you can trust.

My entire family knows that I need to wear and every one is supportive, explaining you need diapers is far more easier then explaining why you said nothing and ruined the mattesss and since you are camping it may ruin the trip if the matress gets soaked and starts to sell in the heat even after deying.

Juat take each one that do not know aside and explain your medical issue. once its out there you will never have to stress about your diapers again when your family is around.

dont forget a few bed pads (large disposable) just incase I travel with disposable pads so if they get wet they can be replaced so I do not have to worry about a wet bed pad storage

AnimeDude892 said:

Try to keep in mind that embarrassment is a very personal thing. I don't think anyone should forward an opinion over what embarrasses someone else. They can disagree on whether or not it happens for them, but it really comes down to the person, their circumstances, and their past. I know several people that are embarrassed to have others watch them chewing when they eat. They hold their hand in front of their mouth as they chew, trying to discretely block others' view of their chewing. (mouth closed) I consider that a bit odd to be embarrassed over, but there's no use in my telling them they shouldn't be embarrassed over it. It's just something they are, and not likely something I can "convince them otherwise" on.

Stuff like that tends to change and go away anyway on its own. I used to be embarrassed for others to hear me peeing. I tried to be as quiet as possible when using a toilet (even my own!) when anyone else was in earshot. Nowadays I just let 'er rip!

So getting a bit more back OT, if talking about diapers embarrasses someone, try to take it at face value. It's not something you can compare to your own experiences. They'll get over it or they won't, and it will have nothing at all to do with how common it is.

Maxx said:
Girls talk. I'd bet money your mom has already spilled the beans to your sister.
Could be... I think I know now what I'm going to do. I'll just wear them and explain it to her if she asks me about my diapers

Drynites96 said:
I know but I'm too ashamed to tell her...

Exactly, and think of how shamed you will feel when you wet the bed because you didn't wear a diaper, and didn't tell her in advance, and how she will react to it as well.

Seriously, telling her in advance, and more importantly wearing a diaper, is going to be less shameful for you. Why would you choose to face a worse situation later on just because the one you're currently in is mildly inconvenient?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back