Not open for further replies.

Drynites96

Leaky Sleeper
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Well I'm wearing Drynites to bed since about 6 months now. My mother saw them a couple of times and asked me once if I have trouble with Bedwetting. I said that it happens sometimes. She said that I don't need them but I still wear them every night.

So this morning I got up and went to the bathroom with a damp Drynite under my Pyjamas. My mother was coming up the stairs just as I was going back to my room. She gave me a pat on my butt and smiled.:sweatdrop:

Another time i was just changing out of a wet one and hid it under my blanket as she came into my room. She said that I don't need to hide them.

So my question is: Do you guys think that she's okay with me wearing them? Or does she just let me do it and is not okay with it? And how can I ask her without being so embarrassed ?

I'm not exactly sure, however the fact that she smiled after patting you on your rear says she isn't going to make a big deal about it. It's hard to say if she is okay with it but she seemingly has accepted that you're wearing them at night. I'm not sure how she'd react if she found you wearing them during the day. The reaction to discovering that (If you do) would be the test in my opinion. However I'm happy that she didn't put up a fuss to you wearing them at night, since she thinks they are for need.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Hm okay. I think I'm going to wear one during the day next weekend and see how it goes.

Do you have a idea how I could ask her ?

Drynites96 said:
Well I'm wearing Drynites to bed since about 6 months now. My mother saw them a couple of times and asked me once if I have trouble with Bedwetting. I said that it happens sometimes. She said that I don't need them but I still wear them every night.

So this morning I got up and went to the bathroom with a damp Drynite under my Pyjamas. My mother was coming up the stairs just as I was going back to my room. She gave me a pat on my butt and smiled.:sweatdrop:

Another time i was just changing out of a wet one and hid it under my blanket as she came into my room. She said that I don't need to hide them.

So my question is: Do you guys think that she's okay with me wearing them? Or does she just let me do it and is not okay with it? And how can I ask her without being so embarrassed ?

You're good lyer: Your mother possibly thinks you've some kind of enuresis and prefers to not speak about. May she knows something more, but your description of situation makes thinking about "let it be."

It sounds to me like you're one of the rare ones among us with a considerate parent that isn't insisting on digging into your business and leaves you alone on it. Consider yourself lucky.

Yeah I think that's the case...

in fact, now is a good time to ask her to purchase some for you (for night time accidents).

I would not ask her if it is ok to be wearing during the day

LittleICme said:
in fact, now is a good time to ask her to purchase some for you (for night time accidents).

I would not ask her if it is ok to be wearing during the day

I purchase them myself.

And I won't ask her if I can wear during the day

Drynites96 said:

She has said that you don't need to hide them and hasn't confronted you otherwise, that sounds like she is accepting but respects that you are embarrassed about it.

When I have a hard time talking about such things with my wife, I write her a letter. A letter allows me the time and space to carefully consider what I want to say in a way that won't make her uncomfortable. I don't always end up delivering the letter as sometimes the act of writing it gives me enough courage to start the actual conversation. Writing it out first helps.

I would recommend against wearing during the day until you've talked to her about it, though. If she assumes you are wearing for bedwetting and you suddenly start to wear during the day, she won't understand... And that is a bad place from which to start a conversation.

Good luck to you.

Does sound a go with the flow kind of situation. If she loves and accepts you maybe open up a little without going into the details. If she is receptive it might allow you some freedom to explore and express yourself how you would like to. What I would say is just be considerate and dont allow it to consume you. Good luck to you.

DLRob said:
She has said that you don't need to hide them and hasn't confronted you otherwise, that sounds like she is accepting but respects that you are embarrassed about it.

When I have a hard time talking about such things with my wife, I write her a letter. A letter allows me the time and space to carefully consider what I want to say in a way that won't make her uncomfortable. I don't always end up delivering the letter as sometimes the act of writing it gives me enough courage to start the actual conversation. Writing it out first helps.

I would recommend against wearing during the day until you've talked to her about it, though. If she assumes you are wearing for bedwetting and you suddenly start to wear during the day, she won't understand... And that is a bad place from which to start a conversation.

Good luck to you.

Okay thank you. I don't plan to wear during the day. Only at night.

- - - Updated - - -

MotherFaith said:
Does sound a go with the flow kind of situation. If she loves and accepts you maybe open up a little without going into the details. If she is receptive it might allow you some freedom to explore and express yourself how you would like to. What I would say is just be considerate and dont allow it to consume you. Good luck to you.

But I dunno if she really accepts it

Drynites96 said:
Okay thank you. I don't plan to wear during the day. Only at night.

- - - Updated - - -

But I dunno if she really accepts it

Well we dont know your mother, so only you can judge that. As I said, she is you r mum, opening up will allow you to know if she accepts it or not. She knows now according to you so what matter does it make either way?

MotherFaith said:
Well we dont know your mother, so only you can judge that. As I said, she is you r mum, opening up will allow you to know if she accepts it or not. She knows now according to you so what matter does it make either way?

Yeah you're right. I thought about telling her a few years ago but I don't know how I should bring it up ? Do you got some advice ?

Drynites96 said:
Yeah you're right. I thought about telling her a few years ago but I don't know how I should bring it up ? Do you got some advice ?

Well, it is your mother, so you need to be super respectable at first. I would keep it quite simple. Give some inclination about how it makes you feel without sordid details. My approach would be try to make it lighthearted and not a huge issue. Almost be a bit blase about it maybe. Brush it off that you just have a quirk about you and you enjoy doing this.

You do need to be careful with how you describe it or to what length as creating some awkward moment with a parent is so yucky! Keep it friendly and make eye contact so she knows you are serious also. It can be a good idea to think about the possible answers to questions you think she may bring up. You know your mum so should be able to make so informed choices about potential questions.

The most important aspect is to be honest and reassure her its okay and you are top of things. It could possibly make things worse if you are not prepared and you leave her with lots of worries. At the end of the day this is quite odd behaviour but completely innocent and hurts nobody, so building confidence will be your safest bet. I would also be clear that this is one part of you rather then a compulsion or anything remotely addictive. I tend to explain to people it is a relaxation method,spiritual etc.

Hopefully it will bring you closer together. I remember I once had a very honest discussion with my mum about lots of things and she was so relieved. She used to think I was a bit of a freak but was so happy when I explained why I did all these weird things. She now totally respects my life choices and does not squirm if she ever sees strange things in my house when she visits.

MotherFaith said:
Well, it is your mother, so you need to be super respectable at first. I would keep it quite simple. Give some inclination about how it makes you feel without sordid details. My approach would be try to make it lighthearted and not a huge issue. Almost be a bit blase about it maybe. Brush it off that you just have a quirk about you and you enjoy doing this.

You do need to be careful with how you describe it or to what length as creating some awkward moment with a parent is so yucky! Keep it friendly and make eye contact so she knows you are serious also. It can be a good idea to think about the possible answers to questions you think she may bring up. You know your mum so should be able to make so informed choices about potential questions.

The most important aspect is to be honest and reassure her its okay and you are top of things. It could possibly make things worse if you are not prepared and you leave her with lots of worries. At the end of the day this is quite odd behaviour but completely innocent and hurts nobody, so building confidence will be your safest bet. I would also be clear that this is one part of you rather then a compulsion or anything remotely addictive. I tend to explain to people it is a relaxation method,spiritual etc.

Hopefully it will bring you closer together. I remember I once had a very honest discussion with my mum about lots of things and she was so relieved. She used to think I was a bit of a freak but was so happy when I explained why I did all these weird things. She now totally respects my life choices and does not squirm if she ever sees strange things in my house when she visits.

Okay I'll try it. Thanks. Should I mention that I've had this interest in diapers almost all my life and that the feelings came back ? She knows that I played with diapers when I was a kid. I've always put my plushies in them. And about 6 years ago she found some Pampers that I bought back then.

You will have to use your own judgement I do not know you or your mother to make a comment about what you should or should not tell her. Listen to your heart and maybe decide how far you wish to dive once the conversation starts.

Okay I think I'm going to try to tell her tomorrow

If i may ask....how old are you?

putte said:

I'm 20 years old

putte said:

Gesendet von meinem SM-A510F mit Tapatalk

My mom doesn't mind me wearing Goodnites (as they're called in the US) and she knows I don't have any bedwetting issues. If she said you don't need to hide them, that most likely means she's accepting of your habit. My mom always tells me that I don't need to hide my diapers because she understands why I sometimes wear them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back