Tape panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigguydl

Formally drnkrdnck
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
What non AB diapers have a taping panel?

Rearz Inspire Plus diapers are a very high capacity product and have a very good tape panel. The outside of the diaper is plain white.

Ah, secure plus that was the brand I was trying to remember. A little while ago I got a sample pack of Abu simples, and really liked the taping panel. It was very comfy but both diapers had pin hole leaks.

drnkrdnck said:
Ah, secure plus that was the brand I was trying to remember. A little while ago I got a sample pack of Abu simples, and really liked the taping panel. It was very comfy but both diapers had pin hole leaks.

I guess I should have also mentioned their Total Dry Plus as they do have a taping panel. I might have blocked it because I think that's about the only good aspect of the diaper. Total Dry X-Plus are just fine but those others are probably my least favorite plastic backed diaper.

I forget which one it is, but one of the wellness briefs if not both have a landing strip on them. If I'm not mistaken though it's the superio that has the landing strip. Don't quote me on that though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

littleboy904 said:
I forget which one it is, but one of the wellness briefs if not both have a landing strip on them. If I'm not mistaken though it's the superio that has the landing strip. Don't quote me on that though.

It's only the Superios.

Trevor said:
I guess I should have also mentioned their Total Dry Plus as they do have a taping panel. I might have blocked it because I think that's about the only good aspect of the diaper. Total Dry X-Plus are just fine but those others are probably my least favorite plastic backed diaper.

What about the Total Dry Plus makes it your least favorite? I've never tried them but have been considering buying a case since they seem to perform relatively well in absorbency tests and are priced lower than a lot of other diapers. :dunno:

INTrePid said:
What about the Total Dry Plus makes it your least favorite? I've never tried them but have been considering buying a case since they seem to perform relatively well in absorbency tests and are priced lower than a lot of other diapers. :dunno:

The plastic feels wrong, almost like Tyvek. Wetness spreads to such an extent that even a relatively light wetting will leak out the back when lying down. The tapes in my previous case had a problem with tearing away from their anchor points. My more recent sample didn't have that problem but it was only two diapers.

I was a long time user of Depends Protection with Tabs (until they went to clothlike covers), which is admittedly not a good diaper. Depends were better.

Trevor said:
The plastic feels wrong, almost like Tyvek. Wetness spreads to such an extent that even a relatively light wetting will leak out the back when lying down. The tapes in my previous case had a problem with tearing away from their anchor points. My more recent sample didn't have that problem but it was only two diapers.

I was a long time user of Depends Protection with Tabs (until they went to clothlike covers), which is admittedly not a good diaper. Depends were better.

The plastic shell is a bit weird - it's designed to have some texture to it to cut down on noise, and for that it works well. It doesn't feel like plastic OR clothlike, it's unique.

They are very low in sap (if any?) and so yes they do wick really fast, don't lock wetness away, and can press-out. But then again they are also very low cost.

I've had issues with the tapes too. There's no front OR rear elastic, the shell doesn't stretch (unusual for a plastic shell), and the tapes are a little weak at the root, so you have to be very careful with taping. Too tight WILL pull off a tape. They don't pop though, they use some really good adhesive on the tabs and the front tape panel does the job. I also like the markings on the front for tape position, since position is so critical with them.

They also have very good standing leak guards, which are impossible to find elsewhere at that price point.

Ironically, I'm wearing one right now. These were my go-to daytime diaper until snuggies waddlers (regular) came out. I returned to them for awhile when snuggies dropped their regular line. I gave them up for tena slip maxi plastic, but those were too bulky and lacked waistband elastic also, and now my daytime wear is ABU's preschool plastic. (still maybe a shade too thick for daytime wear but they work well for me) So I have a half a case or so of these I need to burn through so they're my whatever/whenever around the house diaper sometimes.

They're hard to beat for the price for an inexpensive daytime diaper.

I wish they would put some SAP in the Total Dry Plus diaper. It would make it so much better.

LittleICme said:
I wish they would put some SAP in the Total Dry Plus diaper. It would make it so much better.

the lack of sap is probably why it's so inexpensive though. would you pay another 15-25 cents/diaper for sap?

bambinod said:
The plastic shell is a bit weird - it's designed to have some texture to it to cut down on noise, and for that it works well. It doesn't feel like plastic OR clothlike, it's unique.

They are very low in sap (if any?) and so yes they do wick really fast, don't lock wetness away, and can press-out. But then again they are also very low cost.

I've had issues with the tapes too. There's no front OR rear elastic, the shell doesn't stretch (unusual for a plastic shell), and the tapes are a little weak at the root, so you have to be very careful with taping. Too tight WILL pull off a tape. They don't pop though, they use some really good adhesive on the tabs and the front tape panel does the job. I also like the markings on the front for tape position, since position is so critical with them.

They also have very good standing leak guards, which are impossible to find elsewhere at that price point.

Ironically, I'm wearing one right now. These were my go-to daytime diaper until snuggies waddlers (regular) came out. I returned to them for awhile when snuggies dropped their regular line. I gave them up for tena slip maxi plastic, but those were too bulky and lacked waistband elastic also, and now my daytime wear is ABU's preschool plastic. (still maybe a shade too thick for daytime wear but they work well for me) So I have a half a case or so of these I need to burn through so they're my whatever/whenever around the house diaper sometimes.

They're hard to beat for the price for an inexpensive daytime diaper.

The only part of that I take issue with is the idea of "taping too tight". I understand what you mean but when a product doesn't meet the standards of an industry, that's on the product or manufacturer, not on the user who expects that it should meet those basic standards. It's not a condition of cheap diapers, since other cheap diapers don't have that problem.

People like what they like but things like that or the acceptance of pinhole leaks on Unique Wellness' Briefs are problems with a product. We may choose to overlook them but they're failings.

Last edited:
secure x plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back