Diapers on school trip ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrippyHippy

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Before I write anything I want you to know that i'm 19 and still in highschool (from France), I don't know if this forum is 18+ only but I prefer making things clear.

Alright, in April I have to go to a school trip in London for one week, which is really cool since I never left my home country. I'm not incontent nor a bed wetter but I do use diapers for their practical use (and because it's comfortable I'm not gonna lie). I want to bring some diapers to that trip because we were told that we are going to visit museums and other cultural places. The thing is, nobody around me knows my little secret and I don't want them to know. I have a really tiny suitcase and don't know how to be as discret as possible during that trip.

I don't want to wear at night but only when I'll be in the bus/museum and wouldn't be able to pee when I want, so how many diapers should I bring with me and what diapers are the best for being discrete and absorbant at the same time ?

Thanks​ you and sorry for my terrible spelling.

Envoyé de mon ALE-L21 en utilisant Tapatalk

Question: In the hotel, are you sharing a room or do you have your own?

Kieran said:
Question: In the hotel, are you sharing a room or do you have your own?
We are gonna be in groups in a family house, not in a hotel so I won't be alone

TrippyHippy said:
We are gonna be in groups in a family house, not in a hotel so I won't be alone

Oh, no hotel? Right.

If you're looking for discrete diapers, then Drynights/Goodnights might be best. I have seen these sold in France (your profile says you are from France), and they are sold in London too.

Kieran said:
Oh, no hotel? Right.

If you're looking for discrete diapers, then Drynights/Goodnights might be best. I have seen these sold in France (your profile says you are from France), and they are sold in London too.
I thought about those but everybody keep saying they use to leak very often and I won't be able to change myself alot so idk

TrippyHippy said:
I thought about those but everybody keep saying they use to leak very often and I won't be able to change myself alot so idk

It's funny you say that. I've used them time and time again, and not once have they leaked.

Kieran said:
It's funny you say that. I've used them time and time again, and not once have they leaked.
Damn I don't know who I should trust now ahah, I have until April to try them so I guess I'll give it a try. Thanks dude

TrippyHippy said:
Damn I don't know who I should trust now ahah, I have until April to try them so I guess I'll give it a try. Thanks dude

It's no problem mate :)

Kieran said:

I don't think I have ever been able to use a goodnite without it leaking lol.

brabbit1987 said:
I don't think I have ever been able to use a goodnite without it leaking lol.

In the UK (and France, I think) they're called 'DryNites', probably different :p .

They've got 'dry' in the name. They have more to live up to!

Kieran said:
In the UK (and France, I think) they're called 'DryNites', probably different :p .

Having tried both goodnites, and drynites, I have to say, yes drynites are a bit better in the absorbancy front than goodnites but they can still leak just as easily. As long as you aren't flooding them you should be fine.

Disposal might be an issue. Make sure you have a plan on how you're going to dispose of the wet DryNites with a lot of people around.
Also be aware of smelling like pee if you have to go a long time without a change.

I haven't been on a school trip since middle school, but if I remember correctly, on longer trips, the bus would often make stops at gas stations. Perfect chance to change.

Kieran said:

They do not. They leak as much as Goodnites.

TrippyHippy said:
Alright, in April I have to go to a school trip in London for one week, which is really cool since I never left my home country.

"I see London, I see France! I see Trippy's.... crinklepants?" ;) Enjoy your trip. I suggest bringing some diapers with you and try them if the opportunity presents itself. If you have a variety, bring a mix of thinner and thicker. Maybe start with thin and see how that works and if you want to go thicker. If you're going to have wet diapers to deal with, make sure you have disposal or storage figured out. Wet diapers start to smell after a day or so, and will be detectable even through a ziploc and trash bag after several days, they don't keep well....

I'd done this once before and was a bit miserly on the diapers I brought, figuring I wasn't likely to wet at all day or night and would just rewear where possible, and ended up regretting it, wishing I had at least a thick diaper for every night and 2-3 for every day.

I visited family for a week last christmas and was better prepared, I was going to go 24/7 for the holidays and made a point not to bring a single pair of big-boy-undies. ("no choice now! You're in diapers all week!" Maybe you might really like that?) I never wet during the day, but was always soaked by morning. I wore space for the most part, good thing as I drank a lot and the trip across the entire house to get to the bathroom wasn't a fun nightly thing. (I think they may have wondered why I wasn't making the usual 4-5 trips to the bathroom every night!) I had my diapers in 1gal freezer ziplocs, in a 55 gal drum liner bag, in a separate suitcase that was brought only for my diaper needs. (a week's worth of diapers and supplies takes up a surprising amount of space! recommend a separate suitcase) Bring a few extras if you're serious about wearing, you may need them. (I did) Final note: wet diapers can be heavy. A WEEK'S worth of wet diapers is extremely heavy. You don't want anyone else carrying that suitcase and asking why you're hauling bricks back with you. I also packed a can of air freshener and gave my diaper bag a hit (inside and out) every time I opened it. to help keep any odors in check.

#1 concern: someone walking in on you while changing. No, don't anyone say that's not an issue. Had it almost happen MULTIPLE times. Extremely annoying. One time I had someone almost barge in on me while changing. They apologized (from the other side of the door they were opening) only to have another person do exactly the same thing not 30 seconds later. ("are you kidding me?!" Two interruptions in one diaper change...)

I packed a big bathrobe, and in the morning I had my turn in the bathroom. I brought along a large lunchbox I was using for my "toiletries" (toothbrush, hairbrush, shampoo etc) that also smuggled in my diaper change and supplies, and smugged out the ziploc'd wet one back to my room for stowage. No problem going to the bathroom in my typically soaked morning diaper to change, though I wouldn't have wanted to linger around anyone before getting changed out for fear of them getting a whiff of urine. You'll really want to avoid changing your diaper in your guest room if you can avoid it, there usually aren't any locks and people either have no consideration or just plain don't think. It's harder to do during the day but is nice and easy in the evening and morning. But OTOH I kinda enjoyed the thrill of getting thickly padded before bed and hanging out in the living room for an hour watching a movie with the fam, in just my bathrobe and thick overnight diaper ;)

don't know about diapers in Europe, but if you are in groups at that house, i would honestly recommend not wearing. however, if you are dead set on wearing for the day portions of the trip, i would recomend limiting the use of your diapers to a minimum and carrying three diapers with you along with disposal bags. also, don't wear baby diapers and see if you can get some plastic pants to go over your diapers, just to be safe. you can get plastic pants with cloth outers if you are concerned about someone seeing them. other than that, just be careful, don't use them beyond capacity, and be ready if someone catches you.

Yeah, hiding anything in a housing setup is going to be tough. Will you have your own room though? If yes, then it may be doable for you. If not, then forget it, your room mate will find out no matter how much you try to hide them. Trust me on this.

I've also never had a pullup of any king that could take a full flooding all at once. I'd stick with tabbed style diapers, but if you're paranoid about having plastic diapers then go with cloth-like disposables (though even they are iffy on not leaking).

Thanks for all the answers. I don't know where I'm gonna sleep, they only told us that we are going to be in family houses so idk. I'm gonna wear only the day, so it's not much about hiding it from them it's more about absorption and under cothes discretion. Pull ups are an option since they don't take much place in the suitcase and are discret underclothes but I never actually tried them. We are going to be outside of the house all day long and thats what scares me, when I'm home i just go to the toilet (and sometimes use diaper when parents arent home) but when I'm outside for a long time I just take one with me.

We are going to visit "museum" type of places only 3 days out of the week, the rest is just visiting the town, tbh 1 diaper a day sound like a good solution since I'm not a big wetter and that I'm going to wear only the day. I'll carry a Boxer with me so that way if I'm too wet or something I could just switch to a regular setting.

Still searching what diaper I should use tho, heard that Molicare were pretty discret but honnestly the idea of wearing such a thick diaper scares me.

you may want to look into trying the diaper you want to use before the trip, i have tried a few of the adult pullups available here in the us, and all of them have been completely worthless, usually leaking in the first ten seconds of a wetting, some even let the flow go straight outside the diaper, really wouldn't recommend pullups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back