Booster pad help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krazy148

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Hi all! I was wondering if I could ask for a little help. I would really like to start using booster pads with my diapers, but I have no idea where to start. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.:)

Personally my go to diaper are attends care br 20s with either a tena ultimate overnight pad as stuffer or.... a compare tena ultimate overnight stuffer pad in it... I take the attend and fold it in half wing to wing (as advised on how to create a sink-hole in the center, then I unwrap the pad, then I remove the sticky cover, then I take an xacto knife or something sharp and poke some holes in the plastic, finally being a guy I stick it up where the fly would be if I were wearing jockies making sure the bottom part goes into the crotch, and the wider part extends a bit beyond the padding of the brief (I think girls would want to do this backwards ) tape it on snuggle and that usually keeps me dry for at least 6 hours (occasionally less if I'm like drinking excess water to deal with phlegm issues I suffer from) , like 12 if I haven't been drinking or had a pot of coffee.

Things to know about the attends
1.I wear one slightly tight being a little bit beyond the weight they recommend but fitting the waist size
2. This diaper has no standing leg gaurds... just a decently wide crotch and long leg gatherers
3. It uses trap tapes, the kind you generally see on much thicker diapers, which peel off and then have blue pieces that create personal landing zones.
4. There are other kinds, namely various absorbency cloth backed and the waistband variety, there also used to be different international variants, but at this point they fall under a different kind of cloth.

Krazy148 said:
Hi all! I was wondering if I could ask for a little help. I would really like to start using booster pads with my diapers, but I have no idea where to start. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.:)

Well I've tried 3 kinds of boosters so far.

Bambino carries 2 kinds(Well 4 actually, but 3 being same model, different absorbency).
The Bambino Quadro and the Total Dry Boostups(Moderate, Maximum and Ultimate absorbencies)

The Quadro is the best pick, imo, out of BAmbino's selection of boosters.
They consist mostly of SAP gel, so they start out thin, but swell a lot.
They are longer than the total dry boostups, 18" long, so you get swell along more of the diaper.
It has a sticky strip to hold it in place in the diaper.
Quadros are also scented and smell awesome ^u^

Totaldry Boostups are decent as well(Will be using the "Ultimate" as my point of reference).
Using mostly SAP gel again, the "Ultimate" boostups swell considerably, but unfortunately are slightly shorter than the Quadro boosters, 16" long.
These also have sticky strips on the back to hold them in place. They do tend to burst though, not as well sealed as the Quadros.

The last kind I've tried is the Abena Abri-let Maxi boosters. They have no SAP gel, so they don't swell at all.
These instead consist of all fluff, they start out quite thick and fluffy. Pretty much my favorite out of these boosters.
The Abri-let Maxi is the longest out of the boosters I've listed. At 22" long, running about the entire length of an Abena M4.
It doesn't have a sticky strip, but it really doesn't need it. It also distributes wetness a little better than the other two listed.

So if you prefer something that swells when wet, the first two listed are for you.
If you prefer a more poofy, dry thickness to your diaper, the Abri-let Maxi is the way to go.

Quick question about the quadro. I consider myself a flooder. Can the booster absorb the urine fast enough or will I just end up with a awful mess. Also is there a benefit for doubling the booster pads? Also if the quadro is overfilled, can it bursts in the diaper? Sorry if these questions sound silly I'm still new to this dl stuff. :)

I was going to vouch for Abena Abri-Let Maxi as well. But in my last shipment from XP Medical it looks like they've changed them. They used to be super fluffy because as Johnny said they had no SAP. But they've decided to change that and now they're this really dense (seemingly) SAP only booster. And now they're made in the USA. At first I was appalled by how thin they were but I can honestly say they seem to absorb a lot more now. I had to switch to an older one after using the new ones for about a week because I hadn't updated what was in my change bag at the time. I was surprised when I had a leak seemingly so early suddenly but I can only guess it's because I had gotten so acquainted with how much more absorbent the new ones are. They also swell a bit now too.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Krazy148 said:
Quick question about the quadro. I consider myself a flooder. Can the booster absorb the urine fast enough or will I just end up with a awful mess. Also is there a benefit for doubling the booster pads? Also if the quadro is overfilled, can it bursts in the diaper? Sorry if these questions sound silly I'm still new to this dl stuff. :)
as long as you have a tight enough seal stuffers will almost always help unless you leak out the sides

Thank you all for the help! :D

This is easy. Go to xp medical's website, get the Abena Abri let Maxi booster, and the normal booster. I also recommend getting either Dry 24/7, or Abena X-Plus (M4) diapers. I like to wear a dry 24/7 with one Abena abri let maxi, and one abri let normal booster inside. It makes for a very thick comfy setup that can hold like 5 to 6 wettings without leaks.

Enjoy.

Krazy148 said:
Thank you all for the help! :D
I'd like to add the Goodnites Trufits as an option. They are pretty long, they are decently thick, and these things swell up nicely. They are slightly longer than the Bambino Total Dry Ultimate. They absorb more than original Goodnites, they have a better liner than all of these, it is stronger, and actually has a dry feeling when wet. They actually help distribute to the rest of the diaper. The wicking is pretty great.

I usually like to pair these Trufit Inserts with the Bambino Total Dry Ultimate booster and put them in an ABU diaper. This setup can last me around 24 hours. The waddle factor is quite high, especially when wet.

Have fun!

As far as flooding goes, I'm sure the first one will be handled rather well, but a little control of it can reduce the chances of leaking and increasing the amount of time to wear. This way, you can wet in other positions beside standing. I can sit down all day and let it go in short spurts and I rarely have any leaking issues. Mostly because I'm at capacity.

I swear by Northshore supreme with large boosters , most small or medium diapers would leak if you put a large in , Northshores don't sweat it , maximum absorbency in one neat package. The benefits of that are really apparent when I have to diaper up at 6:45 am and don't get home and able to change until 9:00 pm and no leaks.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

The cheapest by far, and possibly most absorbent, is going to be a baby diaper. I find a size 1 or 2 still leaves enough room in between the leak guards to help funnel any pee.

Tetra said:
I swear by Northshore supreme with large boosters , most small or medium diapers would leak if you put a large in , Northshores don't sweat it , maximum absorbency in one neat package. The benefits of that are really apparent when I have to diaper up at 6:45 am and don't get home and able to change until 9:00 pm and no leaks.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Quadro boosters are really good, I use them during the night. Before using the boosters I woke up with a massive leak. But the boosters always managed to help,

I've used a variety of boosters over the last year from Bambinos to other brands to get the most out of disposable diapers. I just recently decided to test out cloth washable boosters and my god, unbelievable. The AC medical contour Flannel Diaper Pad's absorbency is 5 times that of the bambino boosters. Sure they cost a little bit but if you don't mind washing them weekly, it'll allow you to wear your diaper all day w/o worrying about leaks. Once used.. just rinse it out in the tub and toss in the washing machine. Trick to these though is you must boil them for about 10 mins in water with a bit of dish soap before using to get the most absorbancy from them. I can easily get 10-15 large wettings in a diaper w/o leaks. I pair these with the rearz diapers. I find these absorb more then bambinos anyways and for a lot less money then the cost of bambino diapers.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
I'd like to add the Goodnites Trufits as an option. They are pretty long, they are decently thick, and these things swell up nicely.
I usually like to pair these Trufit Inserts with the Bambino Total Dry Ultimate booster and put them in an ABU diaper. This setup can last me around 24 hours. The waddle factor is quite high, especially when wet.

So are tru fits still available in stores, I mean in my local places I haven't seen them, also they are kind of pricey compared to incontinence pads.

rennecfox said:
So are tru fits still available in stores, I mean in my local places I haven't seen them, also they are kind of pricey compared to incontinence pads.
Some CVS and Walgreens still have them, if not Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back