The different styles of Abena's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophiaa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I'm not sure how the different styles work for diapers, all I know are the styles for tena products.

What does M1, M2 etc mean?
What are the differences between all the styles?
What is the best pull up abena make?

Thank you! :)

The letters indicate sizing: S, M, L mean small, medium and large.

The numbers indicate absorbency.

So for example, an L4 means it's a large maximum absorbency.

Boopa said:
The letters indicate sizing: S, M, L mean small, medium and large.

The numbers indicate absorbency.

So for example, an L4 means it's a large maximum absorbency.
Yea I thought so. How many wettings can each number hold? Also, are Abena products cloth/plasic backed?

Sophiaa said:
So I'm not sure how the different styles work for diapers, all I know are the styles for tena products.

What does M1, M2 etc mean?
What are the differences between all the styles?
What is the best pull up abena make?

Thank you! :)

The M0,M1,M2,M3 and M4 is the sizing and the absorbency rating. The "M" being for Medium and the "0-1-2-3-4" being the absorbency,
0 being the absolute lightest be 4 being the maximum.
Same goes for the others, Small level 3 would be "S3" and so on for the others.

For the models, there's the Abri-form and Delta-form. Both tape on diapers, but the Delta line is slightly more budget oriented. Both lines are cloth backed, but you can still get the Abri-form M4 and L4 in regular plastic backed. I prefer the Abri-form M4 "Classic"(Plastic backed) as my everyday, go-to diaper.

Abri-flex is the pull-on line of diapers.
The best Pull-up would be the Abri-flex rating 3. 3 is the most absorbent pull-up Abena has as far as I know.Though I don't really wear pull-on style, they fit nicer than any other pull on I've tried, the capacity is much more than I had expected of a pull-up and the elastics hug me properly and snug.

And then there's the "pad+pant" line, the Abri-san.
Consisting of a large pad, pretty much like a diaper just without the wings and tapes. You wear these with some sort of fixing pants(or underwear if they hug well) over them to hold the pad in place. I don't know much about these, just heard they make pretty good boosters when perforated and worn within another tape on diaper.

I hope this helps and you find what you're looking for. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

-Jonny

Jonnythepony said:
The M0,M1,M2,M3 and M4 is the sizing and the absorbency rating. The "M" being for Medium and the "0-1-2-3-4" being the absorbency,
0 being the absolute lightest be 4 being the maximum.
Same goes for the others, Small level 3 would be "S3" and so on for the others.

For the models, there's the Abri-form and Delta-form. Both tape on diapers, but the Delta line is slightly more budget oriented. Both lines are cloth backed, but you can still get the Abri-form M4 and L4 in regular plastic backed. I prefer the Abri-form M4 "Classic"(Plastic backed) as my everyday, go-to diaper.

Abri-flex is the pull-on line of diapers.
The best Pull-up would be the Abri-flex rating 3. 3 is the most absorbent pull-up Abena has as far as I know.Though I don't really wear pull-on style, they fit nicer than any other pull on I've tried, the capacity is much more than I had expected of a pull-up and the elastics hug me properly and snug.

And then there's the "pad+pant" line, the Abri-san.
Consisting of a large pad, pretty much like a diaper just without the wings and tapes. You wear these with some sort of fixing pants(or underwear if they hug well) over them to hold the pad in place. I don't know much about these, just heard they make pretty good boosters when perforated and worn within another tape on diaper.

I hope this helps and you find what you're looking for. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

-Jonny
thank you so much for this! are the Abri-Flex plastic backed? And how many wettings can each number hold?

Sophiaa said:
thank you so much for this! are the Abri-Flex plastic backed? And how many wettings can each number hold?

The pull-ups are cloth backed.
And I'm not sure what you mean by "How many wettings" by which do you mean floods or just going through out the day.
The Abri-form M4 have a good amount of absorbency.
I'm double incontinent, and the Abri-form M4 by it's self lasts me a few hours(maybe 4 hours),
more when boosted(I always use boosters, so much better.)

The Abri-flex pull-up; I did go through a case. Didn't work out too good for me, but they were decently absorbent and did tend to swell a bit.

Jonnythepony said:
The pull-ups are cloth backed.
And I'm not sure what you mean by "How many wettings" by which do you mean floods or just going through out the day.
The Abri-form M4 have a good amount of absorbency.
I'm double incontinent, and the Abri-form M4 by it's self lasts me a few hours(maybe 4 hours),
more when boosted(I always use boosters, so much better.)

The Abri-flex pull-up; I did go through a case. Didn't work out too good for me, but they were decently absorbent and did tend to swell a bit.
Either, floods or gradual pees. The only issue is I prefer pull-ups over standard diapers. :( x

Sophiaa said:
Either, floods or gradual pees. The only issue is I prefer pull-ups over standard diapers. :( x
For the pull-ups, or any pull-ups for that matter would not be good for flooding. I don't think it would be wise to just let loose everything at once. Gradual release it should be fine and should handle just fine as long as you're keeping a controlled flow.
But they do have nice standing leak guards, forgot to mention those. Liked that they have them.

-edit-

Don't flood pull-ups. My bad on the forgetting the "not"
I believe only the better tape ons can handle stuff like that no problem.

Last edited:
I was just thinking about the numbers, M1-M4 etc, and I suppose the number might roughly indicate how many wettings they can hold?

Their diapers (specifically the 4 lines) are probably some of the most absorbent medical diapers you can get IMO. Not quite as good as ABU Space/Little Pawz or Bambino Bellisimos but still one of the better premium diapers out there. Hard to judge specifically how many wettings they can take since there are so many factors that come into play, but the 4s can take a good amount of wettings.

I haven't tried their pull-ups myself but I've heard good things about them (and would imagine them to be some of the better pull-ups available based on how good their diapers are). As others have pointed out, diapers will always outperform pull-ups as far as functionality goes though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The quality control of Abena is horrid, and it has been that way for the last 6 years. My last case of M4's were not only thin, they were also flimsy and could only be taped once. I will never buy an Abena product again.

Honeywell6180 said:
The quality control of Abena is horrid, and it has been that way for the last 6 years. My last case of M4's were not only thin, they were also flimsy and could only be taped once. I will never buy an Abena product again.
Very true, the tapes from my last few or so cases have had wonky tapes that aren't entirely secured to the wing, so eventually it either the wing stretches too far or the tape tears from the wing. And the Elastics around the legs are usually out of place and misaligned and the such, with the occasional bit of fluff out of place as well. Then there's still the issue with the elastics de-laminating from the standing leak guards and the pinhole leaks, rendering them a tad less protective than I need and require them to be.

Honeywell6180 said:

I've heard that they use to be much better, but all my experience with them has mostly been within the past few years so I don't know what they were like before. I've always liked them though and thought they were better than most other premiums in that price range.

Jonnythepony said:
Very true, the tapes from my last few or so cases have had wonky tapes that aren't entirely secured to the wing, so eventually it either the wing stretches too far or the tape tears from the wing. And the Elastics around the legs are usually out of place and misaligned and the such, with the occasional bit of fluff out of place as well. Then there's still the issue with the elastics de-laminating from the standing leak guards and the pinhole leaks, rendering them a tad less protective than I need and require them to be.

I'm currently in the middle of a pack of M4s I got a couple of years ago. So far I haven't noticed any tape problems, pin hole leaks, or elastic problems. The next time I break into them I'll take a closer look and see if there are any issues. Considering I don't know what Abenas were like during their prime though it'll be hard for me to know how they compare.

TheCaptain said:
I'm currently in the middle of a pack of M4s I got a couple of years ago. So far I haven't noticed any tape problems, pin hole leaks, or elastic problems. The next time I break into them I'll take a closer look and see if there are any issues. Considering I don't know what Abenas were like during their prime though it'll be hard for me to know how they compare.

Well they were certainly better than they are now. I remember the ones from a few years ago, pretty awesome, but a far cry from what they are now.

Can't say I've ever had problems with the quality of Abena L4 plastic backed diapers.

The only issue I have had with my plastic backed m4's are when I sleep in them at night, and wake up in the morning to see one of the tapes has ripped where it was taped to, and some of the fluff from inside the diaper was coming out. Aside from that, I really like them. Are the cloth backed any better/different than the plastic backed?

Reading this thread I think does slightly help me make my mind up.

Im planning on ordering some ABU samples but was also planning on ordering a pack of either M4 or maybe a Bambino........any suggestions or does some one recommend some thing else.

cueman said:
Reading this thread I think does slightly help me make my mind up.

Im planning on ordering some ABU samples but was also planning on ordering a pack of either M4 or maybe a Bambino........any suggestions or does some one recommend some thing else.

Don't bother with Bambino unless its for boosters, their quadro boosters are pretty nice. Abena is still somewhat ok, you should still try them. But if you're going for ABU then you should probably just stick with more of those, the Simple/Space/Paws or whatever you're getting.

Must be the plastic backed Abenas that are having the quality issues. I'm finishing up a pack of cloth backed S4s and they've been great. I've been really impressed by how well the tapes hold even on cloth. I keep them very tight since I'm at the maximum waist size for the Small. I can say that the S4 can hold only 2 big wettings. The capacity is much less than the M4, but the S4 is easier to hide under clothes if you can fit into them. One of them disappears under a tighty whitey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back