What is the first cartoon you can remember watching?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Muppet Babies

This is secretly a "how old are you" thread by just another name.

I think the first one I recall was probably Rugrats? I dunno. Certainly not my favorite, but it was that early era of Nick cartoons for sure. That being said it's not like I had a distinct prefernce to the show, it was just a cartoon, like any other. I didn't really get super invested in cartoons until.. to be honest, somewhat recently. I was never that into TV growing up. I'm much more into cartoons right now then back when.

Last edited:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

It's one of 2, they would have been showing on TV at the same time anyway:

Battle of the Planets and I am still a Gatchaman fan today.

The Mighty Heroes, still a fan of Diaperman.

I also remember loving Astroboy, Superfriends, He-Man, Blackstar and Thundarr.

Warner Bros. cartoons were my first love. My considerably older brother loved them, so I can't really remember a time when I didn't know about Bugs Bunny, Roadrunner, Wile E. Coyote, and the rest.

I watched so many cartoons when I was younger that it's hard to narrow it down to any specific one. I'll take a wild stab and say Spongebob Squarepants was my first.

I am not 100% sure of the specific cartoons, but I do remember it being "Sherriff John" and I think they where Popeye, Mighty mouse, and then of course WB.

The first cartoon I can remember watching was Walt Disney's Bambi I remember it because I also had the audio tape as well as the book this was in 1981/1982 when I was 18 months old.

I also remember watching snow-white and the seven dwarfs.
As you can probably tell I had a good childhood.

Yours sincerely
Chinababy888

Warner Brothers, Disney, Woody the Woodpecker, Heckle and Jeckle, Popeye, and a really early one, Koko the Clown.

Looney Toons is pretty early in my memory, though I'm not sure whether G.I. Joe came first or not. But classics and old 80s cartoons were what I grew up with. Rugrats and Doug were things I watched when I was already a bit older, though they were good.

I remember watching Thomas the Tank Engine when I was very young, only on VHS as we had very basic television (I assume at least). When my family moved to North Carolina I was about five years old, and I remember discovering Nickelodeon on an old television upstairs, and watching Rugrats for the first time.

Rugrats

GI Joe, at about age 4 or 4-1/2.

I remember a commercial came on during this cartoon, and I snuck out of the room to go put on one of my little brother's diapers. I came back to the living to keep watching it and my mom who was in the kitchen the whole time yelled out, "if you're wearing another diaper you'd better go and take it off". Of course I did. However, this is my first clear memory, which shows I've wanted to be in diapers for longer than I can remember.

Sorry posted in the wrong thread.... Doesn't change the excitement we are getting Young Justice season 3 though and I am sure somewhere sometime Young Justice will be some ABDLs first and fondest cartoon!

Muppets never liked them but it was muppets.

Probably Winnie the Pooh. But the first I really remember is Pettson and Findus.
Seriously, that one (not sure about the english dub, but the German dub was great) was just beautiful. Probably going to watch it with my children someday (or I'll read the books to them).

Rugrats comes to mind. I remember being 3 or 4 and watching it with my mom and young cousin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back