Whoever heard....of a Gruffalo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagicMeow

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
so...netflix has this movie that i found absolutely adorable.
in my opinion its one of the best little inducing movies ive seen recently, and i was wondering if anyone else had heard or seen this movie? what did you folks think of it?

the movie is called The Gruffalo, its a little bit in the vein of maurice sindak

That would be me. I remember reading the book "The Gruffalo child" when I was in the child care center. I wouldnt call it a favorite, but it is ADORABLE. I did not know that there was a movie released on this, and I would be interested to find out if it actually is based on the stories or not.

Thank you for sharing this information. I will research more information promptly.

Perhaps this is the same company that made "Where the wild things are" movie?

it may be, its narrated by helna bonhem carter, and its digital animation. it really does feel just like someones reading you a lovely warm story

I believe it was made for the BBC in the UK... first aired at Christmas a couple of years ago... there's also a follow up called the Gruffalo's Child...

I love the Book.

I wish someone would read it too me.

Actually I grew up with stories of the Graffito my first mention of it was in a book entitled where the wild things are and other subsequent books and cartoons, as I stated in my blogs of late I had a good childhood although it was cut too short due to events that were outside of my control although the coolest thing of all was when I was at primarily school in the UK when I had a Graffito Lunch box and stationary set from Toys "R" us which was bought by my pearents for me when I was 5-6 years old because I remember it being the coolest thing that I ever owned until I grew out of it and traded it in for a Ghostbusters Skateboard in 1988 when I was 8years old.

I liked the primary school where I was a pupil/student because I had very little bullying although saddly that wasn't to last because I was teased and bullied after that for being the only oriental person in the school at that time not that I am accusing anyone of racisisum, I was also teased because I had disabilities in the form of learning difficulties which I still have to this day just one of those things which I was born with I guess.

Anyway getting back on track I did see Graffito and son the movie a few years ago and although I was probably the oldest person in the cinema watching it I really enjoyed it guess thats the inner child I have in my heart and soul, although the fact is I am who I am and nobody is going to change that and I am proud of who I have become over the years despite the insurmountable odds that I had to overcome I life just getting this far.

Yours sincerely
Chinababy888

Chinababy888 said:
Actually I grew up with stories of the Graffito my first mention of it was in a book entitled where the wild things are and other subsequent books and cartoons, as I stated in my blogs of late I had a good childhood although it was cut too short due to events that were outside of my control although the coolest thing of all was when I was at primarily school in the UK when I had a Graffito Lunch box and stationary set from Toys "R" us which was bought by my pearents for me when I was 5-6 years old because I remember it being the coolest thing that I ever owned until I grew out of it and traded it in for a Ghostbusters Skateboard in 1988 when I was 8years old.

I liked the primary school where I was a pupil/student because I had very little bullying although saddly that wasn't to last because I was teased and bullied after that for being the only oriental person in the school at that time not that I am accusing anyone of racisisum, I was also teased because I had disabilities in the form of learning difficulties which I still have to this day just one of those things which I was born with I guess.

Anyway getting back on track I did see Graffito and son the movie a few years ago and although I was probably the oldest person in the cinema watching it I really enjoyed it guess thats the inner child I have in my heart and soul, although the fact is I am who I am and nobody is going to change that and I am proud of who I have become over the years despite the insurmountable odds that I had to overcome I life just getting this far.

Yours sincerely
Chinababy888

so..I have to ask, you have reffered to The gruffalo several times as gruffito, and we seem to be talking about the same book/film but you mentioned you traded a lunch box for a ghost busters skateboard in 1988?

the only thing is, as far as i can tell the book, the gruffalo was published in 1999, and i dont believe theres a relation to where the wild things are, aside from the aesthetic of the movie/book?

My nephew loved this book and every time I went round it was a repeated read (I didn't complain) I loved it I've got my own copy. And now it a traditional thing at Christmas to watch and the Gruffalo child's.

Just found this on YouTube..... :smile:
[video=youtube;ThZqDoJi5S0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThZqDoJi5S0[/video]

nice link, =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back