Diaper swelling

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodnitesco96

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
As much as I enjoy flooding my Abena M4, because I can flood it and know it won't leak, it doesn't swell up like Goodnites or Drynites I got from the UK. I guess that's why I'm into Goodnites cause they swell up alot from pee. M4's probably swell more like after 2 or 3 wettings, but for the first wetting, Goodnites swell a lot. I have the cloth backed Abena M4 Air Plus, which is probably why they don't swell, but has anybody else noticed this who's tried Goodnites?

I don't think there's a single person on this site that hasn't tried goodnites but I do know what you mean it's a difference in the way they were made I think goodnites are supposed to be discreet so they're made thinner and then once liquid hit them the material inside swells up abenas are made more for function then discretion if someone has enough accidents to need the fourth level of protection realistically discretion went out the window a while ago so they're less on being discreet and more on being functional which means a thicker diaper from the start so you don't notice the swelling as much until it's about reached capacity

w0lfpack91 said:
I don't think there's a single person on this site that hasn't tried goodnites but I do know what you mean it's a difference in the way they were made I think goodnites are supposed to be discreet so they're made thinner and then once liquid hit them the material inside swells up abenas are made more for function then discretion if someone has enough accidents to need the fourth level of protection realistically discretion went out the window a while ago so they're less on being discreet and more on being functional which means a thicker diaper from the start so you don't notice the swelling as much until it's about reached capacity

I'd love to wet my Abena till about it's capacity... unfortunately probably don't have the bladder size for that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The biggest difference between the two is that the Abena has more pulp to aid in rapid absorption. That makes it thicker from the get-go, but pulp also doesn't swell like the sap that's in Goodnites. Get some high sap stuffers if you want some swelling. The Goodnites pads work well for that, fyi.

w0lfpack91 said:
I don't think there's a single person on this site that hasn't tried goodnites

I haven't :) I dont think i will, i'm more into bigger and thicker diapers:)

EmanResu said:
I haven't :) I dont think i will, i'm more into bigger and thicker diapers:)

:thumbsup:

w0lfpack91 said:
I don't think there's a single person on this site that hasn't tried goodnites

I never have and I am sure there are many more here who haven't also.

Because goodnites are intended to deal with minor nocturnal leakage rather than large gushes, they don't need to wick particularly well. They also need to lock the wetness away, so as not to disrupt the wearer's sleep. Because they are intended to be discrete, they need to be relatively thin when dry. All of these factors tend to skew the design towards a very high proportion of SAP, which of course swells rediculously. If you want actual nappies that swell that much, try looking at the Tykables Overnight, or the Tena Maxi (if you can get it).

chamberpot said:
I never have and I am sure there are many more here who haven't also.
I never gave it a thought to wear them.

I would imagine that there are few people under the age of 40 who haven't, simply because they are by far the easiest form of padding for someone with a limited income and little privacy - i.e. a teenager living at home - to obtain. For people currently over the age of 40, who would have been adults in 1994 (when GoodNites were first released), the situation was different.

Last edited:
Akastus said:
I would imagine that there are few people under the age of 40 who haven't, simply because they are by far the easiest form of padding for someone with a limited income and little privacy - i.e. a teenager living at home - to obtain. For people over the age of 40, who would have been adults in 1994 (when GoodNites were first released), the situation was different.

Well that makes sense as I was 40 in 1994

Never tried GoodNites. Too big to fit into them.

But yeah, I like the way the Always Discreet pull-ups swell; my Abenas just don't feel the same way when they're wet.

well ive only tried goodnites/drynites so far, they are a tight squeeze that's for sure and with being tight they do feel nice when wet.

im looking to try others though.

I like feeling Goodnites swell up as I wet them and that's one of the many reasons I prefer them over traditional diapers. I often wake up in the middle of the night needing to pee, so I let go and enjoy the swelling of my Goodnite. Then I wake up in the morning and sorta pretend I wet in my sleep without waking up.

handsomestallion said:
I often wake up in the middle of the night needing to pee, so I let go and enjoy the swelling of my Goodnite. Then I wake up in the morning and sorta pretend I wet in my sleep without waking up.

Im not alone then, ive a few times now woke up got out a bed (don't trust lying down yet while doing it) let it go and just got back in bed.

cueman said:
Im not alone then, ive a few times now woke up got out a bed (don't trust lying down yet while doing it) let it go and just got back in bed.

best way for me to get a decent night's rest. wake to nature's call, wet my diaper again, back to sleep. repeat as needed till morning, then get up and change. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back