Are Huggies scented?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArchtopK

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Anyone buying Huggies today? can you confirm if they are scented?
can you describe the scent? I picked up Luv's today because some thought they might smell like the old Pampers. Alas, nothing like it. Actually a pretty horrible disinfectant sort of smell. Yet there is sometimes a smell in the diaper isle that brings back my scent memory of Pampers 1988. So, is it the Huggies, and if so which version? Thanks.

No they are not. The over night at least.

ArchtopK said:
Anyone buying Huggies today? can you confirm if they are scented?
can you describe the scent? I picked up Luv's today because some thought they might smell like the old Pampers. Alas, nothing like it. Actually a pretty horrible disinfectant sort of smell. Yet there is sometimes a smell in the diaper isle that brings back my scent memory of Pampers 1988. So, is it the Huggies, and if so which version? Thanks.

Huggies are not scented that I know of... However, Pampers diapers and training pants are scented. The Pampers Underjams are not scented due to the fact that it is for bedwetters.

Huggies are not scented at all. Pampers line of diapers, including their training pants are though.

I know theyre wipes have some that are scented (Such as One-and-Done with Cucumber), but that is closest that I can get. Am I saying that the diapers are NOT scented?.....no. Diaper production can give each diaper theyre own scent, even if it is slight. But an actual "Scented" diaper from them? Not that I know of, unlike Pampers, which have "Babyfresh"

Sorry... :(

No, but that doesn't stop you from scenting them yourself! :sweatdrop:

i have spent half a lifetime in search of the vintage Pampers scent. So far, no luck. I have wondered into plumes of scent wafting in parking lots or on sidewalks, twice in my life that smelled just like it. Makes me think there are perfumes on the market that have that distinct scent. But, again, no luck in the many I have sampled. But i keep working on it. No need to mention the diaper scents sold on ebay, they are no where near the vintage pampers scent. I think few will remember it. Also, nose memory is different for people. spend a day at basenotes.com searching "diaper" and you will find a ton of perfumes where people said they were reminded of diapers. Then you buy a few of them and find they are no where near what "you" would think of as a diaper smell. As meaningful as scent is to each of us, no one persons perception of scent is the same for another.

ArchtopK said:
i have spent half a lifetime in search of the vintage Pampers scent. So far, no luck.

Dont stop looking yet. I actually recall when looking for my first ABDL diapers ever to try, I HAVE FOUND A VINTAGE PAMPERS SCENTING KIT (in the drop form, you put a few drops in your diaper or something) I recall, and know that this is what it was, I will just have to jump back to find out which site had it, and I will post up a link.

UPDATE: ...okay. Sorry for the jump of excitement. Theyres some good reviews, but here. I KNOW ITS NOT LABELED HUGGIES. I have not tried this myself but may workmommies-diaper-fresh-scent-bottle-abdlfactory-baby-smell-1000x1000.jpg

I got a little bit of that mommyscent stuff... it's potent. I probably should have gotten the variety 3pk but I got three of the powder scent instead.

I don't think huggies are or have ever been scented that was more of a pampers marketing trick although I am going to find out sooner or later as I need to buy a suitable diaper doubler as in baby diapers problem is they don't fit so I will have to improvise a solution as the biggest size I can get I xxl so called wee pants which sounds very grouse but I'll give them a go by the way I already sort of replied to this subject on another blog ao please don't send me any repeats.

Yours sincerely

Chinababy888

in the 80's they were all scented.
Huggies original scent is a lot like kuumba made oriental musk. you can get that in a roll on on amazon if you want to see what it was like. But it is vintage Pampers that I really want to duplicate. I tried the Diaper fresh scent, and I am afraid they miss the mark according to my nose memory. Really could use a time machine. Scent does not last. Tried buying sealed packs of vintage pampers, but what you learn is that scent fades away, probably in just a few months. It is a shame there is no way to communicate with P&G. Of course it is possible that they did not develop the Pampers scent, they may have outsourced it. Their patents often refer to a scent company called Quest. They are no longer around.

Mommy's scent seller is nice and worth a try. The scent is not quite there to Pampers original, but quite pleasing.

Some have said the scent of pampers is a combination of plastics, perfumes, and whatever manufacturing chemicals, too. Our scent memory is probably skewed because of our own smells, too. Household smells and other baby products. That being said, Pampers anywhere in the 70's and 80's had THAT smell. Intoxicating as it is, I would wear a happy bag of it on my head all day if I could.

Sad to lose this info from our culture, but perhaps in diaper heaven...

i'm going to keep working on it myself. One of those lifelong quests I guess. I just wish I could communicate with P&G but it is hopeless. The Pampers historian is retires and runs a cookie shop in Ohio. Tried emailing but no response. I guess you sign a non disclosure agreement when you retire from there. I mean they don't even use the scent anymore, what would it hurt to give some information about it. But as I noted in my last post, it is entirely possible that they had that scent developed outside the company. The patents make reference to outside companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back