New 2016 DC Amor diapers coming later this month

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremyi

Rep for DC
Company Rep
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
The new Amor diapers are coming later this month, and they sure do look nice!

New features include refined and vibrant prints, reinforced and wider tapes, less compression for a thicker core, and a smoother and glossy outer plastic that is soft and strong. A detailed side-by-side comparison can be found here.

What do you guys think?

Oh gosh! I am really excited about these!

They look amazing! They are pink! I never got to try old ones but the upgrades look nice.

It's definitely a diaper that I wouldn't want to wear in public. But I am intrigued by it, and am considering buying a bag purely for home use.

They look so cute!, i want a pack!

I think pink plastic backed disposables are the absolute ultimate in being gorgeous.

That being said these are not my ideal with the white splotches and the dark pink war paint and while the kittens are somewhat cute they remind me of Dolores Umbridge.

Not knocking them, would definitely buy some if they were available in Australia and launching a small size is a fabulous thing to do especially with single tabs per side.

Additionally, here is some photography of the new 2016 Amor diapers! Detailed images showing the new features are posted below. Features include a new smooth high-grade plastic, refined colors and prints, quad-stitch elastics, thicker core, and reinforced wide tapes. Small size is also available which comes exclusively with 70mm single tapes!

Whoa! Did anyone else catch that? ABU now has competition in the SMALL size and in the Single Tape arena!

aaand here I was going to try to trim down my diaper stock. Wonder if they're going to start with a kick-off sale on them? Doesn't look like it.

Oh, and btw, since they are talking "less compression" for a thicker diaper out-of-the-bag, that can only mean one of two things... fewer diapers per bag/case, or bigger bags/cases. IIRC their cases weren't terribly larger so I'm guessing they will be shipping in bigger cases. Hopefully they don't cheap up on us and include fewer diapers instead...

I'm on a mission to try them all but if they cheap out on us I'll just space out.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Thank you Jeremy Will be placing a order once you clear the pre orders out .Hope they fixed the pink bleed issue onto clothing allthough its not a deal breaker just strange that they would bleed pink onto your clothes .

bambinod said:
Oh, and btw, since they are talking "less compression" for a thicker diaper out-of-the-bag, that can only mean one of two things... fewer diapers per bag/case, or bigger bags/cases. IIRC their cases weren't terribly larger so I'm guessing they will be shipping in bigger cases. Hopefully they don't cheap up on us and include fewer diapers instead...

It will still be the same number of diapers in each pack. 12 to a pack, 48 to a case, and so on!

- - - Updated - - -

xpluswearer said:
Thank you Jeremy Will be placing a order once you clear the pre orders out .Hope they fixed the pink bleed issue onto clothing allthough its not a deal breaker just strange that they would bleed pink onto your clothes .

Pink bleed issue has been absolutely fixed!

Interesting, I see you now have 96 and 144 diaper cases in addition to the standard 48 diaper case. How do those work? Does a case of 144 ship in one huge box or is it simply a combination of smaller boxes, like 3 cases of 48 diapers? Either way, I like the additional bulk ordering options.

INTrePid said:
Interesting, I see you now have 96 and 144 diaper cases in addition to the standard 48 diaper case. How do those work? Does a case of 144 ship in one huge box or is it simply a combination of smaller boxes, like 3 cases of 48 diapers? Either way, I like the additional bulk ordering options.

Yep! These are all shipped in one big box. This allows for a great deal on the 'price-per-diaper' for customers. 144-diaper medium case comes to $1.74 per diaper which is unheard of for a 5000mL ISO rated diaper!

Do you have an European/UK distributor?

I've always wanted to try DC Amores but they've always been just a little two pricy for me. $45 for 12 diapers? That's $3.75 a diaper! I mean, I imagine they're undoubtedly top-notch quality, esp according to the OP, but man...I'm a college student so I don't quite have that money right now >_<

indiaperdl said:
Do you have an European/UK distributor?

Not at the moment, but that is a big priority going forward. DC can still ship to the UK but shipping will of course be higher.

LilBouncyDerpy said:
I've always wanted to try DC Amores but they've always been just a little two pricy for me. $45 for 12 diapers? That's $3.75 a diaper! I mean, I imagine they're undoubtedly top-notch quality, esp according to the OP, but man...I'm a college student so I don't quite have that money right now >_<

True - this is mostly due to the insane costs of shipping. Sending one 12-pack from Cali to Maine for example is well over $22, no joke. For standard shipping! But with larger quantities comes better rates and savings. It is best to try out a sample first, then decide if you'd like to commit to a case. I'm sure you will love them!

Have any changes been made to the core of the diaper, or are all of the changes just to the shell?

I saw single tapes mentioned earlier in the thread. . . Any chance we could see the single tape variant make its way up to the Mediums and Larges?

AddyShadows said:
I saw single tapes mentioned earlier in the thread. . . Any chance we could see the single tape variant make its way up to the Mediums and Larges?

I kind of hope this doesn't happen, unless they want to make both options (single tape and double tape) in these sizes. Because I usually fit in medium-sized diapers, and I like the extra security of the double tapes.

AndresMommy said:
Have any changes been made to the core of the diaper, or are all of the changes just to the shell?

Yes, the core is less compressed and is thicker this time as a result. Check out the photographs for a detailed comparison.

AddyShadows said:

Possibly! We shall see how well it goes for the small first.

mercuryfan said:
I kind of hope this doesn't happen, unless they want to make both options (single tape and double tape) in these sizes. Because I usually fit in medium-sized diapers, and I like the extra security of the double tapes.

Definitely a big factor in that decision. Medium and Large may not be found as suitable for the 1-tape approach.

Merp said:
I don't like the color. No thanks.

Well awesome glossy pink isn't for everyone, I suppose :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back