New Job and adjusting to new life dynamic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyger

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
So, I finally graduated recently, YAY! I also got a pretty cool programming job/internship at a well funded startup, but has a lot of potential to be permanent.

New dynamic though, In my past job, It was pretty easy to wear 24/7, and after wearing 24/7 I'm not entirely confident in my own continence. I'm sure many are thinking, "should have seen that coming," but It helped me get some personal self acceptance, as well as just make my life the way I needed it at the time. I don't regret it.

My current job, it still isn't too difficult to wear 24/7 on an average day however they are going to have me be taking business trips every so often. The end of this month I'll be going with 2 of my coworkers for a few days to a convention, which I don't know If I'll have a room of my own or not. I don't go anywhere overnight without Tadd, my stuffed tiger, but that isn't such a big deal, but diapering up would be difficult to maintain for night time or day. It is frustrating because wearing diapers for a long convention would be really nice, but then I would need to carry extra diapers in my backpack to keep dry, even if it was just from sweat. I'm probably going to just use depend pull ups for just in case moments, but I know I would feel so much more comfortable in the intimidating situation I will be in if I just had the feeling of a safe diaper. Bleh, #firstWorldProblems, #tryingToAdult.

If you end up sharing a room just tell the person that you are sharing with that you need to wear diapers to bed and sometimes during the day. If you are going to wear in a hotel room with another person it is going to be hard to hide, so you might as well get it out in the open so they aren't trying to figure it out on their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about practicing now?
You know? Don't wear, see how it goes.

Maybe just trying at home and go from there. Anyway, I wouldn't worry too much, if you're weren't incontinent before most likely you still aren't now.

Enviado do meu ASUS_Z00ED através de Tapatalk

babymt said:
Go Tyger. Congrats on graduating and the new job.

I hope it goes well. If you do get separate rooms then the diapers shouldn't be a problem. Good to check.

Thanks, I'm excited about the new job

- - - Updated - - -

AAO said:
If you end up sharing a room just tell the person that you are sharing with that you need to wear diapers to bed and sometimes during the day. If you are going to wear in a hotel room with another person it is going to be hard to hide, so you might as well get it out in the open so they aren't trying to figure it out on their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it might come down to this, I don't know. I'm not overly concerned about the possibility, they will have to adjust to more important things, like that I might snore (my friends say I do).

- - - Updated - - -

Zendot said:
How about practicing now?
You know? Don't wear, see how it goes.

Maybe just trying at home and go from there. Anyway, I wouldn't worry too much, if you're weren't incontinent before most likely you still aren't now.

Enviado do meu ASUS_Z00ED através de Tapatalk

I did practice a while ago, I wore a depends pullup. I mostly just find that I am way more uncomfortable, that, and that I have to go to the bathroom a lot. If I drink very much (which I like to do) and try to hold it in for very long, sometimes I start to pee without thinking about it. At the least I will just wear depend pullups.

Good luck on your trip then, and congratulations on you job. That's quite an accomplishment!

Congrats on the new job, Tyger, sounds awesome! I don't wear 24/7, but I do take a fair number of business trips for my work and thought I might share some experience there. First off, I almost always take a few diapers when I travel. I don't always take enough for wearing and using constantly, but putting 3-4 premium disposables into a suitcase doesn't take up a ton of space and can easily slip under a sweater or pair of pants so nobody sees them unless you fully unpack. That way when you get where you're going, depending on the opportunity, you can put one on if needed. I particularly like sleeping diapered when I'm otherwise in a new place and not all that comfortable. I don't always use the diaper either, simply wearing it for bed and reusing for a couple nights makes me feel more comfortable.

I've also worn a premium diaper during the day at a convention and I feel like it was no big deal. It was an ABU little pawz and it lasted all day, I didn't have to change until I got back in the evening. I didn't take a change with me either because I knew I'd have time to get back to the hotel where I was staying in the late afternoon or early evening. I find that you end up not drinking all that much during a convention anyway, you spend a lot of time sitting around at events and moving from place to place, so you do last longer before you have to pee (though do try to get some water, it's easy to get dehydrated at these things).

Almost all business trips I've seen do give people their own room btw. Everyone is an adult and it's kind of understood that people want their own personal space. Roommates might happen if your company is really trying to save money or the event is incredibly overcrowded (I might be attending an event with a roommate in a few weeks because it's being held in a small town with not enough rooms to go around). But barring some particular reason, you can usually expect to have your own room.

Also, I'm curious. Since you usually are wearing 24/7, does anyone at your company know that you wear diapers? Either coworkers or HR/manager? If nobody has any idea about you wearing diapers, you might want to be more cautious, but if people already know or could know if they bothered to care, I don't feel like you need to suddenly change your habits and stop wearing 24/7. Heck, if you are diapered all the time and people are used to that, suddenly not wearing might be the thing that's weird.

Lastly, remember that you can practice muscle training even while diapered in prep for the convention. Without otherwise changing your habits, just try to hold it until it gets too difficult before you let go in your diaper. That will give you practice both building up the muscles so that you feel the need to go less often and also being conscious of your need to pee and not going automatically.

I like how at this point in the thread we are basically talking about potty training. XD

//also congrats on the job!

computerProgrammer said:
I like how at this point in the thread we are basically talking about potty training. XD

Well, "hey I'm nervous about having accidents" from someone who's not medically incontinent, just out of practice does invite some potty training suggestions. :laugh:

ArchieRoni said:
Congrats on the new job, Tyger, sounds awesome! I don't wear 24/7, but I do take a fair number of business trips for my work and thought I might share some experience there. First off, I almost always take a few diapers when I travel. I don't always take enough for wearing and using constantly, but putting 3-4 premium disposables into a suitcase doesn't take up a ton of space and can easily slip under a sweater or pair of pants so nobody sees them unless you fully unpack. That way when you get where you're going, depending on the opportunity, you can put one on if needed. I particularly like sleeping diapered when I'm otherwise in a new place and not all that comfortable. I don't always use the diaper either, simply wearing it for bed and reusing for a couple nights makes me feel more comfortable.

I've also worn a premium diaper during the day at a convention and I feel like it was no big deal. It was an ABU little pawz and it lasted all day, I didn't have to change until I got back in the evening. I didn't take a change with me either because I knew I'd have time to get back to the hotel where I was staying in the late afternoon or early evening. I find that you end up not drinking all that much during a convention anyway, you spend a lot of time sitting around at events and moving from place to place, so you do last longer before you have to pee (though do try to get some water, it's easy to get dehydrated at these things).

Almost all business trips I've seen do give people their own room btw. Everyone is an adult and it's kind of understood that people want their own personal space. Roommates might happen if your company is really trying to save money or the event is incredibly overcrowded (I might be attending an event with a roommate in a few weeks because it's being held in a small town with not enough rooms to go around). But barring some particular reason, you can usually expect to have your own room.

Also, I'm curious. Since you usually are wearing 24/7, does anyone at your company know that you wear diapers? Either coworkers or HR/manager? If nobody has any idea about you wearing diapers, you might want to be more cautious, but if people already know or could know if they bothered to care, I don't feel like you need to suddenly change your habits and stop wearing 24/7. Heck, if you are diapered all the time and people are used to that, suddenly not wearing might be the thing that's weird.

Lastly, remember that you can practice muscle training even while diapered in prep for the convention. Without otherwise changing your habits, just try to hold it until it gets too difficult before you let go in your diaper. That will give you practice both building up the muscles so that you feel the need to go less often and also being conscious of your need to pee and not going automatically.

Thanks, and thanks Dogboy and Starrunner too.

Nobody knows that I wear diapers that I am aware of, but since I have been wearing 24/7 there is the possibility that they might have observed that, i'm not sure. I have a methodology for how to keep it discrete, and it seems to work out OK. I am in a job now where being discovered is a bit less consequential, as compared to my previous job where I did tech support at a school.

I hope you are right on the private room thing though, you probably are.

- - - Updated - - -

computerProgrammer said:

//also congrats on the job!

Lol, yeah, I guess we are. :p

And thanks.

Tyger said:
Nobody knows that I wear diapers that I am aware of, but since I have been wearing 24/7 there is the possibility that they might have observed that, i'm not sure. I have a methodology for how to keep it discrete, and it seems to work out OK. I am in a job now where being discovered is a bit less consequential, as compared to my previous job where I did tech support at a school.

I'm impressed you're able to keep it fairly secret. How do you dispose of your diapers during the day? Or do you pad up enough that you last all day long before needing a change and in the latter case, how do you avoid being smelly?

I've mentioned this elsewhere, but my office is an open format. A coworker sits right next to me no cubicles and several others are all around at various desks and tables, and I also work in different spots like couches and standing as well as sitting (all my work is done on a laptop, so I can position however I want). So I'm nervous to the point of never risking wearing a diaper because there are tons of people around at all angles. But I am curious what sort of arrangement makes it workable.

Tyger said:
Lol, yeah, I guess we are. :p

And thanks.

Okay, as of now, this is the potty training Tyger thread. Go drink a glass of water and then hold it for 2 hours when you read this. For practice. :smile1:

ArchieRoni said:
I'm impressed you're able to keep it fairly secret. How do you dispose of your diapers during the day? Or do you pad up enough that you last all day long before needing a change and in the latter case, how do you avoid being smelly?

I've mentioned this elsewhere, but my office is an open format. A coworker sits right next to me no cubicles and several others are all around at various desks and tables, and I also work in different spots like couches and standing as well as sitting (all my work is done on a laptop, so I can position however I want). So I'm nervous to the point of never risking wearing a diaper because there are tons of people around at all angles. But I am curious what sort of arrangement makes it workable.

Okay, as of now, this is the potty training Tyger thread. Go drink a glass of water and then hold it for 2 hours when you read this. For practice. :smile1:

Noooooooo, i dun wanna potty train! Lol.

Well I pretty much just pad up enough to make it through the day, but I generally make sure not to start actually using my diaper until about mid day, which I kinda have to because usually I have to go 2 in the morning time. I don't think I smell, but I might just not notice, which is a bit frightening to consider, but nobody has complained. I think the smell is dulled down though because I use baby diapers as booster pads, and they tend to hold back the pee smell pretty good. In my old job I used to work around enough people that throwing a diaper in the trash bin wouldn't have been recognizable as to who it might have been. With my new job, there aren't so many people anymore, and the person who cleans only comes by once a week. So trash can is off limits now.

Tyger said:
So, I finally graduated recently, YAY! I also got a pretty cool programming job/internship at a well funded startup, but has a lot of potential to be permanent.

Heyyyyy! A very belated Congratulations!

I hope that you really like it, that it becomes permanent, and that the company maintains a fluid sort of startuppy environment for many years to come. I went back to that after a sixteen-year tour of duty with a ginormous company and I'm really glad that I did. Standardized job descriptions and single-discipline roles are for the birds! :)

Cottontail said:
Heyyyyy! A very belated Congratulations!

I hope that you really like it, that it becomes permanent, and that the company maintains a fluid sort of startuppy environment for many years to come. I went back to that after a sixteen-year tour of duty with a ginormous company and I'm really glad that I did. Standardized job descriptions and single-discipline roles are for the birds! :)

Thanks. Yeah, we'll see where this company goes, it is in constant motion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back