Status
Not open for further replies.

DprEffect

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I havent seen a tread for this and if there has been one its been pushed down and long lost in the many topics in this section, so i thought i'd start a new one. List your top 5 anime.

I would have to say my top 5 would be....

1. Code Geass
2. Parasyte
3. Sword Art Online
4. Death Note
5. Elfin Lied

I got my full list of everything i've watched here though.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/TremEffect
If you have an account feel free to add me. If you don't have an account but are a huge anime fan I'd suggest making one, Its a great way to keep track of all the anime's you have watched.

I love Inuyasha though some people say it isnt a good anime but i think otherwise

Haven't seen much besides stuff like Studio Ghibli but I've been watching Inuyasha for the first time and I really like it. I've even been saving my money to get an Inuyasha tattoo.

Code Geass is right at the top of my mech/action anime list. Serial Experiments Lain is one of the first animes I watched and still love - when TechTV was a thing. I also go for ones like Kino's Journey, Haibane Renmei, and Wandering Son hits pretty hard too. Other times I like fairly simple stories like Kiddy Grade or Pani Poni Dash.

It's a tricky proposition to limit it to just 5 so broad categories:

Gundam
Macross
Full Metal Panic!
Mushishi
Lost Universe

I really want to have amazing things like One Punch Man, Planetes, Erased, Ano Hana. Dokkoida, Steins Gate, School Live in the list since their is soooo much amazing Anime.

Hope everyone is watching Kabane of the Iron Fortress!

Top 5

1. Lucky Star
2.Code Geass
3.The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
4.Sword Art Online

5. This one is hard to pick, but I'll go with K-on. I love Yui. She's one of my top five favorite Anime girls.

I'm going to help myself out and limit it to series rather than features, although it's still a bit tricky. In an order that shifts over time, I'd say:

Genshiken
FLCL
Haibane Renmei
Cowboy Beebop
Dragon Ball

Detective Conan / Case Closed
Pokémon
Wolf's Rain (even if it was kinda short)
Shaman King
Girls und Panzer

Hmm, seems I am completely different for now^^'

1) Code Geass
2) Space Battleship Yamato (the recent remake)
3) Naruto Shippuden
4) Hellsing Ultimate
5) Guyver

Last edited:
I don't have a particular ranking, since all of my favorites are great in their own right, but I suppose if I had to choose, my absolute favorite anime would be Samurai Champloo. Reasons being its realistic characters' personalities and their development, its touch on edo period ideologies, and it's beautiful choreography. Definitely a five-star show, and I wish it had a second season, but perhaps the best things are meant to be short and sweet.

Other favorites would be Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Digimon (Adventure 01 and 02), and Sergeant Frog.

Let's see ... I got a ton.

Angel Beats
Chobits
Code Geass
Death Note
Cross Game
Elfen Lied
Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Full Moon wo Sagashite
Tsukuyomi: Moon Phase
Hellsing Ultimate
Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
One Piece
Lucky Star
No Game No Life
One Punch Man
Shakugan no Shana
Tokyo Ghoul
Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu
Dragon Ball
Bleach
Naruto: Shippuuden
Kill la Kill
Gate
Beck
Baby Steps
Black Cat
Hajime no Ippo
Rurouni Kenshin
Skip Beat!
Yuu Yuu Hakusho
Trigun
Ranma 1/2

Probably missing some. I have a full list here of everything I completed. Always constantly growing. http://myanimelist.net/animelist/brabbit1987

#1) Azumanga Daioh
2) Lucky Star
3) Chobits
4) Death Note

I can't think of the last one for my top 5 :sad: I'll post it if I can remember it. Been a bad week for me

Edit:

Remembered Death Note thanks to brabbit

Azumanga Daioh is a classic!

Personally, I'd list these titles in my top five, not in any real order.

1. Dragonball (Z is okay too, but I prefer little Goku, he's a lot more fun)
2. Doraemon
3. Future Boy Conan
4. Azumanga Daioh
5. Kodocha

Mind you, these are all TV, it would be a lot harder for me to narrow down a list of favorite films. Most of them would probably be Miyazaki.

On that thought, an art cinema in my town had a big Ghibli film festival a few years ago, and I got to see a bunch of them. Totoro was definitely my favorite experience during that week.

Also DprEffect you really really need to finish Erased, start watching Iron Fotress of the Kabaneri and of course watch Steins Gate

Argent said:
Also DprEffect you really really need to finish Erased, start watching Iron Fotress of the Kabaneri and of course watch Steins Gate

I'm planning on binge watching erased soon. Iron fortress of the kabaneri i plan to binge watch once the season is close to being finish. Steins gate i'll have to check out.

1. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
2. Death Note (up to episode 25 at least)
3. Konjiki no Gash Bell!!
4. Attack on Titan

I can't really think of a fifth one I care about too much.

Lets see...
Ive been watching a lot of stuff from Trigger lately. Gurren Lagann, Kill la Kill, Space patrol luluco and more prominently, Kiznaiver. But the list goes on and on.
Anything from Ghibbli
Attack on titan
FMAB
Inuyasha
Akame ga Kill (i like the manga better tbh)
Cowboy Bebop
Evangellion

Seriously, I could go on.

Still a favorite with me is the original "SPEED RACER".

Fairy tail and Death Note.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back