• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheridan

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey everyone, I'm a lurker who's been visiting the site for a while now but was always a bit too shy to post. I'm a University student in Scotland studying Sociology and Social Policy and I'm almost finished 3rd year right now.

I guess I got up the courage to post today because I'm in a situation right now where I'm not really able to indulge in wearing much. I really miss that side of my life and I figured that having some level of contact with it would make it easier for me. I've also never discussed anything to do with diapers with anyone else before and I think I'd like to so this seemed like a good way.

Apart from that I really enjoy reading fiction - I especially enjoy fantasy and I'm a huge Harry Potter geek. I love music as well and I can play guitar pretty terribly but I really enjoy it. Currently, one of my hobbies is learning sign language which I'm doing through an online course in BSL. I'm also training to be a home carer at the moment in addition to studying so I'm pretty busy most of the time!

I guess all I really want out of this site is to make a few friends and to talk to people about stuff I've never really discussed before. Not really looking for much to be honest.

I should probably also mention that I have dyslexia and sometimes I don't realise that the word I meant to say isn't the work I actually said. This happens sometimes even when I read stuff back because I read what I wanted to say and not what I actually typed. If this annoys anyone just point it out to me and I can fix it if you're specific. Just thought I should mention it incase anyone thinks I'm doing it deliberately to be annoying - honestly I'm not!

Hi Sheridan. Welcome aboard. I'm sure you will find this site a great place to talk about your own experiences, likes and dislike about the world of wearing nappies.

Cheers FH

Hi Sheridan. Very nice introduction. It's cool you are learning sign language. Are you training to be a home carer for people with disabilities? Is this why you are learning BSL? Either way, I hope you can find some opportunities in college to get padded from time to time.

Sheridan said:
I guess I got up the courage to post today because I'm in a situation right now where I'm not really able to indulge in wearing much. I really miss that side of my life and I figured that having some level of contact with it would make it easier for me.

Honestly, when I joined this site I hadn't worn real diapers before (not since being a baby of course), and I found my desire to do so only growing over time until sometimes it seemed it was all I could think about. Sorry if I sound like a real downer, just a little forewarning that being on a site about diapers might not ease your longing for them...

Anyway, welcome aboard. I like Harry Potter too. I read the books and saw the movies for the first time last year.

Welcome to ADISC!

From your introduction, I never would have known you had dyslexia if you hadn't mentioned it.

Although I am not a Harry Potter 'geek', I have seen all the movies and read the books and really like the series.

Sheridan said:
I should probably also mention that I have dyslexia and sometimes I don't realise that the word I meant to say isn't the work I actually said. This happens sometimes even when I read stuff back because I read what I wanted to say and not what I actually typed.

I don't have dyslexia but I do this all the time. I reread my posts or letters several times and then post it or mail the letter and then realize that I spelled a word wrong! How could I miss it so many times!?

Good luck in your schooling.

Little2Roo said:
Hi Sheridan. Very nice introduction. It's cool you are learning sign language. Are you training to be a home carer for people with disabilities? Is this why you are learning BSL? Either way, I hope you can find some opportunities in college to get padded from time to time.

Thanks! It's mostly older people that are supported by the company I'm working for but I might get a few disabled people yes. I never really thought about the sign language being useful in regards to work but I guess you're right and it might come in handy. The main reason I wanted to learn it is because I've always wanted to learn another language but because of my spelling and grammar it was never really possible. So it got me thinking, hey, why don't I learn sign language and then I can cut out the whole written aspect altogether.

BabyDenise said:
Welcome to ADISC!

From your introduction, I never would have known you had dyslexia if you hadn't mentioned it.

Thank you! That's actually such a compliment I'm always worried it comes across in my writing. I now realise I did make a mistake in my introduction which is very annoying but oh well. Guess typos happen to everyone sometimes.

KimbaStarshine said:
Honestly, when I joined this site I hadn't worn real diapers before (not since being a baby of course), and I found my desire to do so only growing over time until sometimes it seemed it was all I could think about. Sorry if I sound like a real downer, just a little forewarning that being on a site about diapers might not ease your longing for them.

It's not really that I want to stop feeling like I want to wear them it's just that it sucks having to cut them out of my life completely so I thought this could maybe be a compromise until a time when I'm able to wear them again if you see what I mean?

I've been reading the Harry Potter books since I was a kid and they first came out. Do you have a favourite yet? What about the movies do you think they're better or worse than the books. I think Happr Potter is one of the few franchises that's actually almost as good on screen as it is on the page.

Anyway thanks for the warm welcome guys it was lovely reading all your responses!

Sheridan said:
I've been reading the Harry Potter books since I was a kid and they first came out. Do you have a favourite yet? What about the movies do you think they're better or worse than the books. I think Happr Potter is one of the few franchises that's actually almost as good on screen as it is on the page./QUOTE]

If I was forced to chose - I would say the books are better. BUT I really do like the movies and although they do deviate from the books, all the essentials are there and they are very watchable.

Sheridan said:
Hey everyone, I'm a lurker who's been visiting the site for a while now but was always a bit too shy to post. I'm a University student in Scotland studying Sociology and Social Policy and I'm almost finished 3rd year right now.

I guess I got up the courage to post today because I'm in a situation right now where I'm not really able to indulge in wearing much. I really miss that side of my life and I figured that having some level of contact with it would make it easier for me. I've also never discussed anything to do with diapers with anyone else before and I think I'd like to so this seemed like a good way.

Apart from that I really enjoy reading fiction - I especially enjoy fantasy and I'm a huge Harry Potter geek. I love music as well and I can play guitar pretty terribly but I really enjoy it. Currently, one of my hobbies is learning sign language which I'm doing through an online course in BSL. I'm also training to be a home carer at the moment in addition to studying so I'm pretty busy most of the time!

I guess all I really want out of this site is to make a few friends and to talk to people about stuff I've never really discussed before. Not really looking for much to be honest.

I should probably also mention that I have dyslexia and sometimes I don't realise that the word I meant to say isn't the work I actually said. This happens sometimes even when I read stuff back because I read what I wanted to say and not what I actually typed. If this annoys anyone just point it out to me and I can fix it if you're specific. Just thought I should mention it incase anyone thinks I'm doing it deliberately to be annoying - honestly I'm not!

Hi and welcome, Sheridan. I hope you have a great time and I look forward to seeing you around.

Sheridan said:
I've been reading the Harry Potter books since I was a kid and they first came out. Do you have a favourite yet? What about the movies do you think they're better or worse than the books. I think Happr Potter is one of the few franchises that's actually almost as good on screen as it is on the page.

Anyway thanks for the warm welcome guys it was lovely reading all your responses!

Hmm... Well, I've only read the books one time each, so it's a little hard to decide on a favorite. As for the movies, I disliked Order of the Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince because of the number of changes made from the books. Prisoner of Azkaban might be my favorite of the films.

But it should be an interesting year for Harry Potter fans, with Cursed Child and the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back