How much do you score on this test?

Status
Not open for further replies.
8/10.

I got a 7/10. I kind of got the hang of it after I got 2 of them wrong. Still have a few problems with it though. No matter how much I look at the first one I got wrong, the patterns completely change (diamonds turn to hearts). [I wrote a little more here but saying any more would probably ruin the test for some people]

Solid 9/10. Woo. Question 6 was the one that threw me... too much goin' on.

10/10! I spent a really long time on it though, and tried to analyse every possible detail. Analysing patterns and solving complex problems is pretty much what I do daily as a programmer, so I might have an unfair advantage. Added to which, I am far too much of a perfectionist for my own good, so focusing on every little detail :detective3 pretty much comes naturally to me.

8/10 pretty simple. just look at changes in direction color and patern and compare them to the answers

9/10

8/10. It was harder than I was expecting!

And what's going on with question 5?! The shapes clearly swap positions in the example, but none of the possible answers have swapped shapes! Is it me, or is this an error in the test?

6/10. These visual pattern games aren't my forte. I can spacialize well enough in my head... transforms not so much.

9/10, question 5 got me because it didn't occur to me to reverse the direction of the lines.

tiny said:
8/10. It was harder than I was expecting!

And what's going on with question 5?! The shapes clearly swap positions in the example, but none of the possible answers have swapped shapes! Is it me, or is this an error in the test?

It's mirrored by flipping it over vertically, not by rotating it. Imagine it's a see-through piece of paper and you pick it up by the bottom edge and pull that to the top.

Wait, nm that's 6. 5 got me too, but the thing there is that they didn't swap, they changed the shading, the borders, and the outside/inside lines.

ArchieRoni said:
Wait, nm that's 6. 5 got me too, but the thing there is that they didn't swap, they changed the shading, the borders, and the outside/inside lines.

AAAH! What's happening to my brain?! I just looked again, and you're right. I must be half-asleep... It was like an optical illusion where my brain told me that the shapes were swapped because it was identifying them by shading, which swapped round; not the shapes themselves.

I need a coffee... My brain aches!

10/10 have done quite a few of these tests over the years, don't always get such a good score though.

6/10. Was doing a great job, then I bombed the final questions and got them all wrong.

I got 8/10

10/10

These things are childs play =s it's not as hard as everyone thinks it is, you just gotta focus and not rush. I spent 2-3 minutes on each question.

8/10, so I seem to be average.

Regarding the first question: the diamonds do not change to hearts. Rather, the pattern gets cut off by the top of the shape, so it looks like a different pattern, but is in fact the same.

10/10. sorry, I love these brain games.

9/10, messed up on 6.

CuddleFish said:
Regarding the first question: the diamonds do not change to hearts. Rather, the pattern gets cut off by the top of the shape, so it looks like a different pattern, but is in fact the same.

Similar got me on number 2, took me a bit to realize it was the same pattern with the hearts.

8/10 6 was tough and I would have gotten one if I was less hasty and careless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back