Laying Down And Wetting Nappies Unusual Problem :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

INeedACuddle

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey everybody, As others here know, I am completely new to wearing and wetting Nappies. I only get to wear very rarely and when I do I put a Nappy on and lay in bed. Today is around my fourth time in wetting whilst laying down, and up until today my Nappy has never leaked. Could it of just been that I did quite a big pee? My Nappy leaked right out of the back of my left leg and I am confused as to why my Nappy has leaked because it never has before, and I am positive that it has been put on right, I am very confused how the pee has escaped as I just can't find any gaps etc between my leg and my Nappy?! Very confused. I was thinking maybe it's not tight enough but there are honestly no gaps between my leg and Nappy where it leaked:( This was my first wetting aswell but it was a longer wetting than before. I've never leaked lying down before so I'm just a bit disappointed and can't work out how my Nappy has leaked :(

Firslty, it depends on the quantity and also on the speed..

when wetting in a nappy they are not designed to be flooded. rather to let it out slowly.. even a cheap nappy should handle a single full bladder without too much problem, but it must be done slowly. not all at once.. when i wet i dont force it out, i let it out in its own general speed. this tends to be able to be soaked up by the diaper with no problems.

this is the only thing i can think of if you are sure you have put the diaper on correctly..

Babylea

I've never had my diapers leak from the leghole unless it was a flood, and when laying down it's usually around the waist that it leaks for me... Don't know what to say for sure except maybe get an underpad for the just-in-case, and try again :)

Thank you to everybody who has helped me, I really appreciate it. I guess it just couldn't of been on correctly, even tho I thought it was, I guess I need to start putting my Nappies on better haha :) Still confused tho as I could of sworn it was on correctly and just couldn't work out where the pee could of escaped from

- - - Updated - - -

Also aswell do you guys bring your Nappies right up past your belly button? Or do you just tape a Nappy on below your belly button? Maybe I am doing something else wrong

No fears live learn and leak at home d

INeedACuddle said:
Thank you to everybody who has helped me, I really appreciate it. I guess it just couldn't of been on correctly, even tho I thought it was, I guess I need to start putting my Nappies on better haha :) Still confused tho as I could of sworn it was on correctly and just couldn't work out where the pee could of escaped from

- - - Updated - - -

Also aswell do you guys bring your Nappies right up past your belly button? Or do you just tape a Nappy on below your belly button? Maybe I am doing something else wrong

Don't worry friend, you'll get the hang of diapering yourself soon enough. It takes some time and patience, and practice makes perfect! And what is funner than practicing wearing diapers!?

Since you're calling them "nappies" instead of "diapers", I'm assuming you're not from the US, so I don't know what kinds of diapers you have available, but if you can find some cheap generic "fabric"-backed diapers, try and find out if they're the kind that have velcro tapes instead of adhesive. My guess is that most of them will be velcro. (Just keep in mind that if the diapers are cheap, the tapes probably cant stand up to multiple tight tapings without tearing from the sides of the diaper.) This allows you to practice taping yourself and adjust the position and fit until you find your sweet spot.

As for the position of the tapes/waistband of the diaper, that tends to depend on both the size range/brand/style/type of diaper, and the body shape of the wearer. I'm a moderately tall guy, so my diapers stop before my belly button. As long as your diaper feels comfy and keeps you and your surroundings dry, either way is fine.

It can definitely be a little scary taking your "baby-steps" into the ABDL lifestyle, especially if it's something you can only do in certain circumstances, but soon enough, you'll have the confidence to really engage in that part of you. Remember, at the end of the day, a diaper is just some wood pulp and absorbent polymer stuck between two layers of plastic or paper fabric. Try your best to keep those nagging insecurities and anxieties from spoiling your fun!

Best of luck!

tg4selfcheckout said:
Don't worry friend, you'll get the hang of diapering yourself soon enough. It takes some time and patience, and practice makes perfect! And what is funner than practicing wearing diapers!?

Since you're calling them "nappies" instead of "diapers", I'm assuming you're not from the US, so I don't know what kinds of diapers you have available, but if you can find some cheap generic "fabric"-backed diapers, try and find out if they're the kind that have velcro tapes instead of adhesive. My guess is that most of them will be velcro. (Just keep in mind that if the diapers are cheap, the tapes probably cant stand up to multiple tight tapings without tearing from the sides of the diaper.) This allows you to practice taping yourself and adjust the position and fit until you find your sweet spot.

As for the position of the tapes/waistband of the diaper, that tends to depend on both the size range/brand/style/type of diaper, and the body shape of the wearer. I'm a moderately tall guy, so my diapers stop before my belly button. As long as your diaper feels comfy and keeps you and your surroundings dry, either way is fine.

It can definitely be a little scary taking your "baby-steps" into the ABDL lifestyle, especially if it's something you can only do in certain circumstances, but soon enough, you'll have the confidence to really engage in that part of you. Remember, at the end of the day, a diaper is just some wood pulp and absorbent polymer stuck between two layers of plastic or paper fabric. Try your best to keep those nagging insecurities and anxieties from spoiling your fun!

Best of luck!

Hey thank you so much for that huge incredibly helpful reply:) I appreciate it so much! Yeah I get super nervous of being caught when I am wearing :( I have a free house today so I am really enjoying just relaxing in bed filling up my nice warm comfy Nappy haha :) I think I may have found out why I leaked yesterday, I think my Nappy just was not pulled up high enough, for example I believe where my Nappy wasn't pulled up high enough then there must of been a gap for it to leak (even tho I couldn't see one) but when putting my Nappy on today I have just pulled it up and tried to hold it completely in place by pulling normal underwear up over my Nappy so hopefully there are no gaps, also aswell I am keeping very still, have you heard of Nappies leaking due to them not being pulled up high enough? I think I need a onesie:) (I would love one anyway) Anyway thank you so much, I am enjoying my Nappy time whilst it lasts and am praying that when I get out of bed there will not be a huge wet spot :(

Wetting while sitting has always been higher risk because you're sitting on some of the padding you need to be absorbing. the "back corners" you leaked at are where that usually happens, no big surprise due to gravity.

You'll have better capacity pointing up while wetting when seated, if that helps. Or just plain wear thicker diapers! There's not a lot you can do for taping or technique here though, it's jsut physics working against you.

I had my Nappy leak a tiny bet yesterday aswell:( In the exact same place, from the back of my left leg. I have noticed that no matter how carefully and correctly I try to put a Nappy on there is a slight gap just at my left leg, but my right leg part of my Nappy is completely sealed?! I am obviously putting my Nappy on incorrectly but just cannot work out how :( If only I had somebody to put my Nap Naps on me :( I just can't work out how my Nappy always has a gap in my left leg:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back