Convert a Nappy

Status
Not open for further replies.
That only deal with waist, the rise will still be a problem.

babyboy said:
That only deal with waist, the rise will still be a problem.

Too right! Actually, I've made one for myself that deals with the rise issue too, but it's not perfect. I need to work on it some more. To anybody who wants to dabble in this themselves, I would suggest simply getting a yard or two of felt--baby blue or pink would be nice choices :)--and a roll of Velcro One-Wrap. The fine One-Wrap is extremely diaper-compatible, and also adheres well to felt. No sewing required! Let your imagination (or engineering skills) do the rest. I really should do a write-up on my own efforts here...

EDIT: But I don't mean to criticize this person's creation too much. I actually love that somebody is making this stuff for sale. It seems like a great AB/DL product idea in general.

hmmm that is interesting.

Hi Guys,

That's my listing, I did post it yesterday, but the moderator rejected my post for some reason.

I am working on a mark 2 right now that deals with the rise. For me it works perfectly - Tesco or Pampers Size 6+ comes up far enough at the front and the back for it to fit me perfectly - I'm wearing a Pampers size 6+ right now posting this, with my belt. I bought the stuff for the mark 2, and am making the first one tomorrow, as I have received a few orders that I need to fulfil.

I've peed heavily in 2 tesco 6+es and had a little pee in my current pampers 6+ today, no leaks yet, and way more comfy and less itchy than drynites.

The new design uses small plastic snaps to secure the front tabs and to make the velcro tabs on the side adjustable for size (as nappies and people vary in width)

Thanks for the feedback!

cool celticbabyboy, I would love to see the one that deals with the rise issue.

Thats pretty neat, if it wouldnt cost so much to get them to the usa I would at least try them.

Hmm - seems crazy but I fancy giving it a go

celticbabyboy said:
That's my listing, I did post it yesterday, but the moderator rejected my post for some reason.

It's an anti-spam/anti-troll precaution. Until you have achieved Established Contibutor status (20+ posts and 7+ days of membership), URLs and email addresses are automatically moderated.

You can do the same thing with the tabs ripped off another diaper or just use tape.

WildRoseBaby said:
You can do the same thing with the tabs ripped off another diaper or just use tape.
well, this is more permanent and better looking.

IMG_1746.jpgIMG_1738.jpgIMG_1739.jpgIMG_1741.jpgIMG_1742.jpgIMG_1737.jpg

Mk 2 boy's one, made today - I've had LOTS of orders, including 2 from the USA. I'm making them right now, improving the design incrementally as I work through the different sizes. Girl ones are Pink Gingham, Boy ones are Blue Gingham. I've even got them wrapping over opposite ways for boys and girls. I've sold more boys than girls' so far. Here are a few pics - the most it will let me post.

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to post a bit of an update. I've had quite a lot of orders in and I've been making boys, girls and bespoke colours for the past week. I've also had a couple of orders for smaller sizes for teens or small adults. I discovered that there is a lower cost US shipping option, so the cost of shipping to the US is now less than 50% of what I expected, as they are small and light enough to ship as a "letter". I've therefore dropped the US shipping costs (and EU) on the listing.

Latest listing with all options and latest pics of different sizes is here:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281910121246

Here are a few pics of the latest design:
IMG_1765.jpgIMG_1764.jpgIMG_1762.jpg

Now these seem cute as heck. I'd order if I had the funds to spare (and the privacy - currently living with a housemate, so I've put wearing nappies well on the back burner)

$54 U.S.? Mmmm...I have other expenses at the moment, but if I ever get the chance and the extra cash, this does look like fun :D

I know what you mean about funds. I want one but at the moment the funds aren't there, but it's something to look forward too in a month or two when when I can afford it.

Hi Guys,

Just did our first bespoke order, for a plain white one. Looks pretty cool I think:

IMG_1771.jpgIMG_1772.jpg

The white one does look good, you should offer that as a standard option

BabyDiver said:
The white one does look good, you should offer that as a standard option

Thanks guys, white is now listed as a standard option alongside boys/blue and girls/pink. Same price. It's proven very popular - more than 50% of orders have been for white since I added it as an option. Thanks to the customer who requested it first :)

Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've decided to re-brand as ConvertUps rather than Convert-a-Nappy, it's got a better ring to it.

As I mentioned previously, I think, I got a cheaper option for US and European shipping, so the cost of shipping outside the UK has come down quite a bit. Shipping within the UK remains FREE.

Thanks,
ConvertUps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back