Road trips, bringing diapers inside gas station

Status
Not open for further replies.

landingxray

Est. Contributor
have any of you guys been on a road trip and carried a diaper into the gas station where everyone saw you and into the bathroom? Its pretty fun because you are traveling and no one knows you. lol

Personally, I have not. That's funny though. Hey - this looks like you fist post? Welcome! Please introduce yourself a little more and tell us some of your other interests.

I have walked into multiple places carrying just a diaper a few times, mines just a plain white dry 24/7 no one cares or notices for the most part if you are carrying a folded up diaper.

This always happens to me. Dont be scared. im holding my diaper and changing pad under my arms

I've done this, though never carrying an exposed diaper. For public changing situations I use a laptop bag as my diaper bag and the most anybody ever sees me doing is throwing the used one away.

Have done it many times; when at a rest stop on a toll road/superhighway where there are many people you are less conspicuous; or, as others have said when you go to a small gas station where there is a single-person rest room there is less chance you will be noticed. I usually bring my clean diaper in a plastic bag and use the bag for disposal of my used one. No one has ever said anything to me about it.

When I'm traveling via smaller vehicle (car, pickup truck, van), sure, the smaller gas stations and rest area larger stalls, work fine (I've even changed in a few Starbucks restrooms too). But, when in the big truck, I can change, back in the sleeper area-and also using that same "drop bag" idea, to toss the used diapers away, in a nearby trash receptacle. No one seems to notice (or, maybe even care??). If I'm having to change, in some sort of public facility, I'll have all my supplies (diapers, wipes, powder, drop bags, ETC.) in a small gym bag, that I'll carry in with me. I have seen though, a few guys, carrying in a single diaper, to change into-I just give them a smile and a thumbs up.

I've done it many times but I have some of these rectangle bags made of thin fabric that I put my diapers in. They came as shoe bags with a suitcase set but they're the perfect size for an adult diaper. It may look a little strange but I feel more comfortable using the bag than just carrying a bare diaper.
Other times I've taken a diaper I under my shirt and under my arm.

Yeah nobody would suspect anything unusual taking a laptop bag to the nastiest bathroom on earth, I would just assume you had alot to do and was constipated!

I have a couple of diaper bags, one is a Fila napsack that doesn't look like one (but it was sold as a diaper bag) and some are definitely from the baby section. Yes sometimes I just carry a diaper.

One time I was carrying one and stopped in the convenience store to buy some wipes on my way to the mens room and the cashier commented "That's a big diaper."

I should have said something like "I'm a big baby," but I wasn't quick enough to come up with a response.

Changed in the jet bathroom before. I just carry my clean disposable in a plastic bag, change into the fresh one and pull my plastic pants back up. I throw the used disposable into the trash can in the plastic bag. Some folks look at me carrying the plastic bag back to the bathroom and them may wonder why I do not have it coming back, but as noted previously, why would they say anything?

I have never felt compelled to walk anywhere with an exposed diaper. I have taken many a trip by plane or car and have always carried the clean diaper inside a plastic store bag. That usually goes into a small knapsack. Bag goes in, bag goes out. Used diaper goes into now empty store shopping bag and into the garbage. To me, this is more sanitary and discreet. No one notices or ever says a word. I also appreciate a cleaner smelling restroom and used diapers, not bagged, and get pretty nasty to the nose if just thrown out in a restroom.

I should clarify my prior post, most times I have my Back pack with me or have the diaper in a white plastic bag, but on a few occasions I have just grabbed a diaper out of my bag and headed in to change. I now carry a second backpack in the car that is smaller then my main back pack and only holds 2 diapers and wipes it's lighter and easier to carry and is from the dollar store so if it gets messed up in a dirty bathroom I can just toss it as it was only $3.00

When I travel I just go to the back of the car and get a change out of my bag put it under my arm and walk right in where ever I'm at... No one ever says anything... Been doing it for 15 years now. I have gotten more bold and less hiding action over time since I realized no one really cares!!!! Or sees or has ever said anything to me before. Just doing my normal thing.

Iwear365 said:
When I travel I just go to the back of the car and get a change out of my bag put it under my arm and walk right in where ever I'm at... No one ever says anything... Been doing it for 15 years now. I have gotten more bold and less hiding action over time since I realized no one really cares!!!! Or sees or has ever said anything to me before. Just doing my normal thing.

They're probably more nervous about saying anything than you are about hearing it! (don't ask, don't tell !)

I'm voting for, diapers just aren't an issue, to even be concerned about. They may or may not see someone with one or wearing one-and they just don't care?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back