Screaming at home...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordFluffybuttz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I can't stand it when people scream at home, ever since I was little my mother has always been screaming at people. She was the cause of the divorce when I was 5. God I love my mother but I just can't take it. Ever since I was little I would hide in my room in terror because I knew she'd eventually work her way up to me and find somthing to scream at me for....even if I didn't do it.:wallbash:

I'd hate to say that I've been tramatized but when ever people yell it freaks me out and I always flitch like I'm going to get hit. :(

I think I'll just go grab my bear and netflix and chill with him:sweatdrop:

Same way here in regards to screaming. I literally shirk up/cower when yelled at. I wasn't normally punished when I was young, course I was spanked, because I always tried to behave. Even today, being yelled up causes me to cower.

- - - Updated - - -

Yelled at*

Ya ... my Mom is like that too. It lead up to the point where I wouldn't tell her things simply because I was too afraid too.

brabbit1987 said:
Ya ... my Mom is like that too. It lead up to the point where I wouldn't tell her things simply because I was too afraid too.

The same here, I would never tell her much as a kid because no matter what I said she always thought I was lying. I'll never forget when she said that she never wanted me... it doesnt affect me today but it did when I was little. I guess writing about this is just bringing back memories.

BabyBambi said:
The same here, I would never tell her much as a kid because no matter what I said she always thought I was lying. I'll never forget when she said that she never wanted me... it doesnt affect me today but it did when I was little. I guess writing about this is just bringing back memories.

Ouch, sorry to hear that. My mom never said anything that hurtful to me. Close, but not that far. Her actions though are a whole other story, as she often would choose her love life over her children.

Such as if we are talking about my x step dad, whom I lives most of my life with, ya ... he would say all kinds of hurtful crap. It was like his hobby to make us feel like crap.

My mom is a good screamer. She screams better (worse?) than anyone else. When people scream at me, rather than being scared. It triggers a fight response (as opposed to flight.)

SuperiorPenguin said:
My mom is a good screamer. She screams better (worse?) than anyone else. When people scream at me, rather than being scared. It triggers a fight response (as opposed to flight.)

o.o I can't fight my Mom. She is much stronger than I XD.

brabbit1987 said:

The only people I dont like to fight is Family because at the end of the day you're stuck with'em.

brabbit1987 said:

I certainly don't fight my mom. I am not Physical in that sense. No need. Ever. I have to use all my will at times to fight the "fight response."

BabyBambi said:
The only people I dont like to fight is Family because at the end of the day you're stuck with'em.

Ya, I agree.

SuperiorPenguin said:
I certainly don't fight my mom. I am not Physical in that sense. No need. Ever. I have to use all my will at times to fight the "fight response."

I see. Ya, fighting is never a good thing. XD

brabbit1987 said:
I see. Ya, fighting is never a good thing. XD

I shouldn't say never, honestly. No one likes all or nothing thinking. If anyone threatens myself or the life of anyone else, I will put a stop to it.

SuperiorPenguin said:
I shouldn't say never, honestly. No one likes all or nothing thinking. If anyone threatens myself or the life of anyone else, I will put a stop to it.

Right, but it's still never a good thing o.o. I didn't say it wasn't necessary at times.

brabbit1987 said:
Right, but it's still never a good thing o.o. I didn't say it wasn't necessary at times.

Agreed!

BabyBambi said:
I can't stand it when people scream at home, ever since I was little my mother has always been screaming at people. She was the cause of the divorce when I was 5. God I love my mother but I just can't take it. Ever since I was little I would hide in my room in terror because I knew she'd eventually work her way up to me and find somthing to scream at me for....even if I didn't do it.:wallbash:

I'd hate to say that I've been tramatized but when ever people yell it freaks me out and I always flitch like I'm going to get hit. :(

I think I'll just go grab my bear and netflix and chill with him:sweatdrop:

I had experienced the same thing with my own Mom while she was alive.
She was profoundly mentally-ill an did a lot of screaming at me for decades, from early childhood until I was age 50.
Difficult for a developmentally disabled autistic with cerebral palsy to have dealt with for a very long time.

caitianx said:
Difficult for a developmentally disabled autistic with cerebral palsy to have dealt with for a very long time.

I don't mean to sound like a jerk or be inconsiderate, or anything, but it will sound that way regardless. So I am apologizing in advance for being a dick, sorry. How do those particular things make it any more difficult? As far as I am aware it would be difficult for just about anyone, regardless of disabilities and such. Also, how would you even know it made it more difficult compared to others? Also, why even mention your disability?

That would sort of be like me saying "difficult for someone who is transgender and has depression to have dealt with for a very long time." It could be true, but really has nothing to do with this particular subject ... as there is no way I could know if those things actually made my time more difficult than anyone else's.

In my opinion, knowing the yeller had a mental condition would make it harder. By this I mean, you can't blame them, even when YOU want to. It is like how you can't blame a kid with down syndrome for acting up, yet sometimes you still end up doing so. It is the guilt that comes from such a situation that makes it seem more difficult

silentdreamer1996 said:
In my opinion, knowing the yeller had a mental condition would make it harder. By this I mean, you can't blame them, even when YOU want to. It is like how you can't blame a kid with down syndrome for acting up, yet sometimes you still end up doing so. It is the guilt that comes from such a situation that makes it seem more difficult

Right, but I wasn't talking about that.

Edit: I should mention, cause I may have been a little unclear, I am talking specifically about his own disabilities in the matter.

Parents always find a way to push the well worn emotional buttons. Though my parents have been dead for many years, I still have vivid memories. I was in college, away from home. I had a lot of responsibilities as I took a full load, had to practice my instrument for 4 hours a day, had choir, conducting as well as all the academic courses. In addition, I worked a job. Yet when I came home, my mom could make me feel like I was a child again.

She was always a tough disciplinarian, and it didn't take much for her to continue the cycle. Being in college, if I wanted to stay out 'till 3 in the morning, I did. But home, if I partied with a friends and came home at 3, I got blasted.

All of that changed once I graduated, got a job 450 miles away and had to make it on my own. Then I would call home for advise. In four years my dad would die and two years after that, my mom died of cancer. Now I miss them. I feel cheated that my dad never new any of my children, and my mom, only our first son whom she held in her arms several months before her life ended.

When we're young, our relationship with our parents are often one of conflict, but time has a way of putting things into perspective. Now, I'm a parent and a grandparent. The circle of life continues and where I once was the child, now I wish I could go back and relive what was good from my past, the happy times, the times my mom took care of me when I was sick, and the times she was there to bolster my confidence when I thought I had failed.

Ignore the emotional buttons and remember that you are an adult and that you don't have to respond as the child. That's what I eventually learned.

Reactions: AlexTurnerIII
dogboy said:
Parents always find a way to push the well worn emotional buttons. Though my parents have been dead for many years, I still have vivid memories. I was in college, away from home. I had a lot of responsibilities as I took a full load, had to practice my instrument for 4 hours a day, had choir, conducting as well as all the academic courses. In addition, I worked a job. Yet when I came home, my mom could make me feel like I was a child again.

She was always a tough disciplinarian, and it didn't take much for her to continue the cycle. Being in college, if I wanted to stay out 'till 3 in the morning, I did. But home, if I partied with a friends and came home at 3, I got blasted.

All of that changed once I graduated, got a job 450 miles away and had to make it on my own. Then I would call home for advise. In four years my dad would die and two years after that, my mom died of cancer. Now I miss them. I feel cheated that my dad never new any of my children, and my mom, only our first son whom she held in her arms several months before her life ended.

When we're young, our relationship with our parents are often one of conflict, but time has a way of putting things into perspective. Now, I'm a parent and a grandparent. The circle of life continues and where I once was the child, now I wish I could go back and relive what was good from my past, the happy times, the times my mom took care of me when I was sick, and the times she was there to bolster my confidence when I thought I had failed.

Ignore the emotional buttons and remember that you are an adult and that you don't have to respond as the child. That's what I eventually learned.

Hmmm ... my situation has been very different in the fact ... my family isn't a good family under any circumstance lol XD. Very dysfunctional to say the least.

So for me, it's not the typical ... family kind of drama. Man ... I wish it was just that. I don't ever like getting into it because most people don't like to hear it.

brabbit1987 said:
Hmmm ... my situation has been very different in the fact ... my family isn't a good family under any circumstance lol XD. Very dysfunctional to say the least.

So for me, it's not the typical ... family kind of drama. Man ... I wish it was just that. I don't ever like getting into it because most people don't like to hear it.

My family were functional in a dysfunctional way. My dad would work all the time, come home late and demand respect from my mom and I that we didn't have for him. She'd make him dinner pretend to love him. Then he'd be happy. He was Physical man.. he was't afraid to well.. use his fists to say it politely. That was until I was big/strong enough to put and end to that. My parents live "happily" together still. I lived with it as long as I could. Until I was 19.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back