Status
Not open for further replies.

FluffyWolfe

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
I love both animals. imo, the fox is quick and cunning and the wolf is large and powerful. I've always enjoyed watching video of both animals. When I was younger, I had stuffed animals of both, sadly don't have those anymore.

I've done about 20 of those crazy "What furry are you" quizzes, mainly out of boredom, and I've always had a 55/45 split between the fox/wolf respectfully.
Even doing an online coin flip with 500 flips, head as fox and tails as wolf, it was roughly the same split as above.

I just can't decide which I would like to have as a fursona.

Which ever one I do end up going with, I'll need to commission someone to create the images for me. I'd do a normal "adult" version and a babyfur image. I cannot draw to save my life.

Which ever one I do choose, I'm going to learn how to sew and all that, and slowly work on a full body fursuit with the help of the fursona image and lots and lots of googling different fursuit styles (not taking their creations of course, but the look and style of different parts of the body). The fursuit will closely stay with the true fur color of which animal I choose.

I did a poll so it's easier for me to visually see the choices. You can do the poll or not. Explain your decision if you would too please :)

I know that at the end of the day only I can decide which I am, but could you maybe help me to pick one or the other, please?

Since you identify as a little, I put down fox. I think of foxes as littler (and cuter).

There are plenty of fox/wolf hybrid furries out there. Unless you are specifically trying to stay away from hybrids, I'd say go with that. :)

arcituthis said:
There are plenty of fox/wolf hybrid furries out there. Unless you are specifically trying to stay away from hybrids, I'd say go with that. :)

Agreed. Your fursona is a fundamental part of you. If you feel a little like both, why not include the aspects of wolves and foxes that you love?

Alternately, I've seen some people that mention having a couple fursonas, bringing one out depending on context and how they feel. I don't think I've ever seen someone do it in practice, but you should aim for whatever works best for you.

Arcituthis is right, you might try to create a hybrid of the two animals. Take the parts of both that you like, to create your fursona.

I can't vote in your poll. I don't want my vote to be the one that makes you choose a particular animal. I don't know you, and picking your fursona is something that you should do yourself or with people that you know well and trust. I wish you the best in your selection. Hopefully, you'll be able to figure it all out.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, don't worry about not being able to decide. I had originally picked a few different animals, and thought that they were "The One", before I decided on my current Mountain Lion.

If you can't decide, and end up with multiple fursonas, that's OK too.

zipperless / arcituthis / Faelan / Mattew

Hybrids

I've never really thought of a hybrid. I'll have to Google it and look into them more.

I can't visualize how a Fox and Wolf would look like.

Maybe the Wolf body and size, but the fur colors of a Fox, or

A Fox body and size, but with the fur of a Wolf, or

A back half of a fox and front half of a wolf, or vise verse :laugh:

Faelan / Mattew

Alternately, I've seen some people that mention having a couple fursonas, bringing one out depending on context and how they feel. I don't think I've ever seen someone do it in practice, but you should aim for whatever works best for you.

If you can't decide, and end up with multiple fursonas, that's OK too.

Multiple would be okay, since I could use one here and then use the other for the other sites I go to that aren't AB/DL related.

Mattew said:
I can't vote in your poll. I don't want my vote to be the one that makes you choose a particular animal. I don't know you, and picking your fursona is something that you should do yourself or with people that you know well and trust. I wish you the best in your selection. Hopefully, you'll be able to figure it all out.

Fair enough, I wouldn't expect someone to do so if they don't feel like it would be a good idea... or something like that, I can't think of how to say it, without it sounding like I'm upset, which I'm not. :)

I'll let more chime in and see what others say, but you all hit the nail on the head.
------

If my replies sound odd/off/rude/bad in general, sorry I'm going a bit crazy/stressed for multiple reasons. I'll have this in another thread soon, just need to rant about it all somewhere. :sweatdrop:

Thank You everyone :d

No worries. Hope you can find some relief to the stress.

There might not be any actual fox / wolf hybrids that you can look up on a google search, but you might be able to work with an artist or someone else to create the hybrid that you envision. Just because a hybrid can't occur in nature, doesn't mean you can create it. I've seen some pretty wild hybrids before. I went to my first fur con last year, and saw a bunch. I'm trying to remember what combos caught me off guard. I think there was a shark / dragon hybrid, if I'm not mistaken.

But anyway, the hybrid is whatever you want it to be in looks / coloring / size / fur / etc. Make it yours. You can do it. I'm not an artist either. But if you can get a picture in your head, try to explain it in words and with reference pictures, and an artist will be able to help you out, and make the image in your mind come to life.

FluffyMastiff said:
If my replies sound odd/off/rude/bad in general, sorry I'm going a bit crazy/stressed for multiple reasons. I'll have this in another thread soon, just need to rant about it all somewhere. :sweatdrop:

Thank You everyone :d

No problem. Whatever it is that's eating at you, I hope it goes away soon!

The obvious answer is panda.

lol

Shadowscale said:
The obvious answer is panda.

I would, but another site that I frequent already has 2 panda avatars, too many as is. But pandas are fluffy adorabable though

Kitty. Only smart option.

Fox, but obviously I'm biased :p

As for why.... the fox is a lone hunter, rather than a pack hunter, which appeals more to my personality, since I'm not very gregarious. They're more adaptable than wolves - most of the foxes I've seen in the wild have been perfectly at home in urban environments (I used to see them cleaning up spilled burgers or kebabs around campus early on Saturday or Sunday mornings). Obviously there are no wild wolves in the UK (though there's talk of reintroducing them in Scotland).

I had an English teacher at secondary school who was called Paul Fox, and he had the ginger hair to go with it. I was quite fond of him. I remember playing one of the four fox kits in "Fantastic Mr Fox" when I was seven. The fox is the county emblem of Leicestershire, where I currently live. Thinking about it, there seem to be a number of fox-related influences on my life.

I also find the fox's bushy tail adorable (and huggable).

Last edited:
I would go for a wolf puppy, which I guess is my bias as when I'm playing as a furry thats me. But I guess it's due to my love of dogs, even though I do have labradors, wolf pups seem to have the playfulness cuteness and love that you want. But as others said its really down to experience, when I was three my parents got me a puppy called lia which I had until last summer (RIP cecelia x) and she was always there for cuddles and playful and loving. And i've never known foxes to have the same connection with people, and personally puppies are cuter.

But as said before, I'd throw my chips into the hybrid unless your avoiding that.

FluffyMastiff said:
I would, but another site that I frequent already has 2 panda avatars, too many as is. But pandas are fluffy adorabable though

I think either fox or wolf are far more guilty of overpopulation than pandas. You can't swing a tail without bumping into one. If that's what speaks to you, go for it, but I'd look for something less common.

FluffyMastiff said:
This is why I do not draw my own stuff :eek:

http://i.imgur.com/R8k6DIr.png

That looks promising fluffy, if you try and get the proportions to exactly how you want (looks abought right to me, maybe redraw the hind legs) and then add some detail. I think that's all its lacking IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back