Insane Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArisingDarkness

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Okay, I just thought of something totally insane. This is if you believe in having past lives. Reincarnations. What if we are all ABDLs because we died as a baby in our past life and now in our new we can't get over it and we are just stuck in the past and we have no clue why. I don't know. It was just this insane idea because I was on YouTube looking at reincarnation videos and then this insane idea popped in my head. I just wanted to share.

That is a cool thought. I have no clue where I stand on it. But I like the idea around it.

ArisingDarkness said:
Okay, I just thought of something totally insane. This is if you believe in having past lives. Reincarnations. What if we are all ABDLs because we died as a baby in our past life and now in our new we can't get over it and we are just stuck in the past and we have no clue why. I don't know. It was just this insane idea because I was on YouTube looking at reincarnation videos and then this insane idea popped in my head. I just wanted to share.

Hmmm. Let me think about that one for awhile.

In the mean time, this looks like your first post? We like to know each other here a little bit more than just the diaper thingy. Please go here and introduce yourself.

Interesting idea! It's certainly possible.

Well, it's an interesting idea, but I don't believe in reincarnation. Mainly due to all the inconsistencies that would require it to be true.

Specifically with the adult baby portion ...
For one, not all adult babies, even are into being like a baby. It ranges from all ages. So this would imply in my past life I died around the age of 8 - 14. Someone that age wouldn't still be in diapers. Yet here I am interested in them.
Then you have those who are just diaper lovers, and are not into anything baby like.
Also .. if we died in our past lives as a baby, why wouldn't have being a baby in this life relieved the issue? It's not like we skipped being a baby this time.

Then of course there are tons of issues with reincarnation in general.
Human life is increasing in size. If everyone was reincarnated, where are all the new people coming from? If you believe in a god, I would assume you wouldn't believe in reincarnation as the two don't really work together all that well. Though I can't vouch for every religion, I suppose there might be a couple out there that believe in reincarnation, not sure.
Then you would have to begin questioning on how it even works .. and why would it work?
Do animals get reincarnated? Is reincarnation only limited to human to human, or could it go back and fourth between species?

Then on top of that, you have people who claim they remember their past lives. It's usually a little absurd because it's always of a famous person or someone who went through some crazy crap. It's never of a person like ... "In my past life I was a loser who died by choking on a bean"

Then you have people claiming they where an animal in their past live. Yet you never seem to hear anyone claim they where a roach, or an ant. It's always some cool animal typically.

Point being ... sure .. it's possible. But incredibly unlikely. XD

It's an interesting idea. There's a fascinating case hitting the media concerning a boy living in California who thinks he's reincarnated having lived as a talent agent. He's identified more than 50 things about this man that have all been found to be true. He has been studied at the University of Virginia where they have a department that explores reincarnation.

I've also wondered, what if people who think they are reincarnated are really channeling the spirit of a departed person. I think the Catholic Church has suggested this possibility. When all is said and done, we really don't know what gives us our sense of being, other than the brain of course, and even there, we still don't understand what makes us so self aware, that there must be something else to our existence.

dogboy said:
It's an interesting idea. There's a fascinating case hitting the media concerning a boy living in California who thinks he's reincarnated having lived as a talent agent. He's identified more than 50 things about this man that have all been found to be true. He has been studied at the University of Virginia where they have a department that explores reincarnation.

These things usually turn out to be false and are scams of some sort. I would take these cases with a grain of salt.

There can be stories out there that are very believable .. but that doesn't mean they are true. Kinda reminds me of the whole John Titor thing, but then ... that was a whole lot more interesting of a story XD.

Edit: Wait .. just realized scam is the wrong word. Should be hoax.

It is not a completely insane idea. . .many different views on the subject of reincarnation. . .in my personal opinion, it is just beyond our realm of understanding and we should only look to live in the present regardless of what may have been or may be.

It's not crazy and I think it is quite possible. I do believe we live many lives. It's more of a knowing than a mere belief. But in this case, it's also possible that our brains can get caught on the idea from whatever sequence of events in our lives. I can trace back the events to my thoughts of something that wasn't anything to do with diapers and it became that, I think by accident. But maybe I had some sort of a pull that would make it so that I would get to that point. It certainly feels central to my being and I know I could never be without the desire.

Vinylfeet said:
It's not crazy and I think it is quite possible. I do believe we live many lives. It's more of a knowing than a mere belief. But in this case, it's also possible that our brains can get caught on the idea from whatever sequence of events in our lives. I can trace back the events to my thoughts of something that wasn't anything to do with diapers and it became that, I think by accident. But maybe I had some sort of a pull that would make it so that I would get to that point. It certainly feels central to my being and I know I could never be without the desire.

To know something would mean it was based on knowledge. It's impossible to know that we live multiple lives, because there is no knowledge on any such thing. That would require proof. So .. it's still a belief.

I feel like I am beginning to see a pattern here in these forums. Am I like the only one who is a skeptic here, or am I the only who decides to actually post my skepticism?

brabbit1987 said:
If everyone was reincarnated, where are all the new people coming from?
Natural birth is a reincarnation of sorts. Our ancestors are present in some form in our genes. Spiritual reincarnation is a belief for those who believe in a spirit. Either way, a good accountant could juggle the numbers to show where all the people are coming from.
If you believe in a god, I would assume you wouldn't believe in reincarnation as the two don't really work together all that well.
If our common ancestor was the incarnation of god then the flow of life could easily be countless reincarnations of the (first) one.
Then you would have to begin questioning on how it even works .. and why would it work?
These are questions for your god.
Do animals get reincarnated? Is reincarnation only limited to human to human, or could it go back and fourth between species?
See answer #2.
Then on top of that, you have people who claim they remember their past lives. It's usually a little absurd because it's always of a famous person or someone who went through some crazy crap. It's never of a person like ... "In my past life I was a loser who died by choking on a bean"
Then you have people claiming they where an animal in their past live. Yet you never seem to hear anyone claim they where a roach, or an ant. It's always some cool animal typically.
I'm not an expert on reincarnation but I don't see why past lives would necessarily overcome vanity in present lives.
Shhhh.... I'm channeling Jimmy the Greek. Yes..... ok.... it's coming in: the odds are 1.5 billion to 1 against the possibility of reincarnation at any point in the universe. Given the near infinite number of points in the universe it would appear that reincarnation is a certainty somewhere.

:chin: :biggrin:

Drifter said:
Natural birth is a reincarnation of sorts. Our ancestors are present in some form in our genes. Spiritual reincarnation is a belief for those who believe in a spirit. Either way, a good accountant could juggle the numbers to show where all the people are coming from.

This would work if the population numbers where not so drastically different depending on the times. I mean ... have you not looked at the population increase? Are you saying there is some sort of pool of unused spirits? How could a good accountant calculate for something like that? Do they have access to this pool of unused spirits?

If our common ancestor was the incarnation of god then the flow of life could easily be countless reincarnations of the (first) one.
I suppose, but there isn't any bit of proof for that. Not even a shred of evidence.

These are questions for your god.
To me .. they are question we should answer, because from my perspective there isn't a god.

See answer #2.
See my response.

I'm not an expert on reincarnation but I don't see why past lives would necessarily overcome vanity in present lives.

I don't even understand how that is a response to anything I said there.

Shhhh.... I'm channeling Jimmy the Greek. Yes..... ok.... it's coming in: the odds are 1.5 billion to 1 against the possibility of reincarnation at any point in the universe. Given the near infinite number of points in the universe it would appear that reincarnation is a certainty somewhere.

:chin: :biggrin:

Well likelihoods are based on math and the odds of something being true. If something doesn't have any evidence ... you can accurately assess the chances are pretty low for it being possible. This becomes even more so with all the inconsistencies.

In the 1300s, the population was around 500 million. 1600s, the population increased around 750 million. In the 1800s we where pretty close to hitting a billion.

Yet here we are today sitting at over 7 billion. Where exactly did all those extra spirits come from? Sorry, but that in itself is one of the largest inconsistencies to the idea of reincarnation. The population is increasing in size.

Of course we can always come up with work around for why this might be the case. But let's be honest here, that is simply a cop out of admitting the faults with the idea. I wish people would just admit that ... hey you are right ... that is an inconsistency. But instead .. they rather just make up excuses by using baseless logic to fill in the holes.

We are the evidence. Interpretations may vary. Void where prohibited by law.

Drifter said:
We are the evidence. Interpretations may vary. Void where prohibited by law.

That isn't evidence.

The definition of evidence is the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.
We can't be evidence because it doesn't indicate whether or not the belief or proposition is true or valid. It's too obscure to be considered evidence.

brabbit1987 said:
This would work if the population numbers where not so drastically different depending on the times. I mean ... have you not looked at the population increase? Are you saying there is some sort of pool of unused spirits? How could a good accountant calculate for something like that? Do they have access to this pool of unused spirits?

I suppose, but there isn't any bit of proof for that. Not even a shred of evidence.

To me .. they are question we should answer, because from my perspective there isn't a god.

See my response.

I don't even understand how that is a response to anything I said there.

Well likelihoods are based on math and the odds of something being true. If something doesn't have any evidence ... you can accurately assess the chances are pretty low for it being possible. This becomes even more so with all the inconsistencies.

In the 1300s, the population was around 500 million. 1600s, the population increased around 750 million. In the 1800s we where pretty close to hitting a billion.

Yet here we are today sitting at over 7 billion. Where exactly did all those extra spirits come from? Sorry, but that in itself is one of the largest inconsistencies to the idea of reincarnation. The population is increasing in size.

Of course we can always come up with work around for why this might be the case. But let's be honest here, that is simply a cop out of admitting the faults with the idea. I wish people would just admit that ... hey you are right ... that is an inconsistency. But instead .. they rather just make up excuses by using baseless logic to fill in the holes.

Not that I believe this stuff, but the most prominent belief system involving reincarnation uses all the fauna as fodder, not just people. It's a clever dodge, since we don't have good data to calculate the entire population of animals on earth at any given time but I can see the supposition that as we rose, the other populations fell in response to our use of their spirits. I guess a whole lot of people would have done a lot of time as ants and such until human civilization really got rolling and more could effectively play the karma game. Again, zero evidence but these things don't require real evidence to draw in believers.

Trevor said:
but these things don't require real evidence to draw in believers.
That to me, is what makes the world a scary place. -.-

I am sure I don't need to explain why.

brabbit1987 said:
That to me, is what makes the world a scary place. -.-

I am sure I don't need to explain why.

Fears of death and loss can be a pretty strong motivator. It might be nice if there was something more. I can't really fault people for wanting that. I just wish they would more often separate reality (as best we can identify it) from fantasy when making the big decisions.

Trevor said:
Again, zero evidence but these things don't require real evidence to draw in believers.
I just wish they would more often separate reality (as best we can identify it) from fantasy when making the big decisions.
I agree, but for the purposes of this topic, separating reality from fantasy is not so easy. Reincarnation is a bunch of related ideas and beliefs about the nature of the "self". Science can easily dismiss the concept of "God" for lack of evidence, but the concept of "self" is completely different. The same kind of mental awareness used for "self awareness" is also required by scientists to analyze and validate evidence. Self awareness is reasonable evidence that the self exists in some form, but its exact nature appears to be unknown, possibly unknowable, to science as an institution. It's entirely possible that the true nature of the "self" needs to be experienced directly in order to be understood, and external evidence is a useless diversion. That's my take on it anyway, which is why I'm not overly concerned about the presence or lack of evidence.

Wether or not reincarnation exists or is possible is an easy concept when you consider no one gets out of this life alive, and once we step across the line we are never heard from again.

I had a friend who thought that we select a life Ala Carte,that time and space moves really quickly and when we came into this life we had lessons we had to learn in order to experience all that is out here,all the different lifestyles,religions etc..

brabbit1987 said:
Then of course there are tons of issues with reincarnation in general.
Human life is increasing in size. If everyone was reincarnated, where are all the new people coming from? If you believe in a god, I would assume you wouldn't believe in reincarnation as the two don't really work together all that well. Though I can't vouch for every religion, I suppose there might be a couple out there that believe in reincarnation, not sure.

Not saying that reincarnation is real, but I can make a shoot from the hip explanation for this, that obviously isn't based on any facts.

It could be that reincarnation isn't an immediate process, like the spirit kinda floats around for a little while. If there was a fluctuation on the frequency of reincarnations, then the increase in population could be explained by saying that the time in between each reincarnation has increased, so the frequency is faster and there are less spirits waiting around for a body.

Also, if reincarnation includes animals, like cows in the Hindu religion, then it could be that we all started off as other animals and then reincarnated into people, considering that humanity has done a really good job at wiping other animal life off the face of the planet, you would have to ask where did all of that spirit life go, that could explain the increase in human population.

Anyway, I don't actually believe in reincarnation, but I actually think it is an interesting idea for an eternal life model, and probably has less of a stretch on explanations than trying to explain where the all powerful being God came from. Almost everybody religious believes that humanity has a spirit, so if there was not a God involved, then reincarnation makes a lot of sense, to say that the spirit naturally moves towards a body, would explain why it did it the first time. To include a God in the view of the universe, means not only do you have to explain the existence of a spirits, but you also have to explain how God became so powerful, and a lot of other things.

We should totally chat it up in the Atheist group about this if you want though, since this thread isn't really about if reincarnation is or isn't feasible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back