Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexTurnerIII

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
So I ordered some pampers size 6s. I've never worn/used them before. Are they loud when worn? Or is it something I could get away with under some jeans?

Those are clothlike covers, like almost all baby diapers these days. As a result, they're pretty quiet.

trevor said:
those are clothlike covers, like almost all baby diapers these days. As a result, they're pretty quiet.

sweet!

Wear nylon sweat pants. Wear cloth underwear in between your pants and diaper. Invest in a onesie and wear as a t-shirt.

zipperless said:
Wear nylon sweat pants. Wear cloth underwear in between your pants and diaper. Invest in a onesie and wear as a t-shirt.

I have a onsie! :)

As for the rest, thanks for the advise!

Cloth alone is very quieting but wrap a plastic panty diaper cover over it - then don't venture into the quiet zone in a library.
It is even more noisy when wearing a short skirt or a dress - not the droids you were looking for to quiet things down.
Loosely worn plastic diaper covers are not a good way to move quietly about the campus. When double diapered the plastic
tends to stretch out and is quieter. What is worn as outwear - the onesie you mentioned is a great way to tone things down
as the noise is insulated under cloth - the same for wearing jeans or tights; leggings etc. Stay away from heavy vinyl unless
wearing on a very warm day to soften the crinkle noise.
In most cases the noise factor is all in your head - with ambient noise all around only place to be careful is the quiet zone
in a library - an empty restroom with ceramic tile walls (think echo chamber) - you would make more noise wearing corduroy pants.

babylock1 said:
Cloth alone is very quieting but wrap a plastic panty diaper cover over it - then don't venture into the quiet zone in a library.
It is even more noisy when wearing a short skirt or a dress - not the droids you were looking for to quiet things down.
Loosely worn plastic diaper covers are not a good way to move quietly about the campus. When double diapered the plastic
tends to stretch out and is quieter. What is worn as outwear - the onesie you mentioned is a great way to tone things down
as the noise is insulated under cloth - the same for wearing jeans or tights; leggings etc. Stay away from heavy vinyl unless
wearing on a very warm day to soften the crinkle noise.
In most cases the noise factor is all in your head - with ambient noise all around only place to be careful is the quiet zone
in a library - an empty restroom with ceramic tile walls (think echo chamber) - you would make more noise wearing corduroy pants.

I typically wear, jeans or slacks. I shouldn't have a problem! :)

SuperiorPenguin said:
So I ordered some pampers size 6s. I've never worn/used them before. Are they loud when worn? Or is it something I could get away with under some jeans?

Worn as a pad under standard underwear, Pampers are the most discrete form of protection you can get! There is no commonly available adult protective garment that can even come close for light bladder control issues for quietness and low visibility. A swap can be done in seconds, in a public restroom. After use, the Pampers can be conveniently tossed in the bin, next to the changing table.

They are also quite thin, so an extra can easily fit in a front pocket. They are also very SILENT. Nobody will be able to hear them. They will also disappear underneath you, so you won't feel them.

Pampers are very quiet, in my experience. I wouldn't worry about the sound. Many clothing fabrics are noisier than Pampers. However, if they're scented, you'll undoubtedly detect a bit of that powdery scent emanating from your pants--and a bit more if you wet. In the extremely unlikely event that somebody remarks on it, you can just say that you ran out of deodorant and had to use your girlfriend's. :)

Cottontail said:
Pampers are very quiet, in my experience. I wouldn't worry about the sound. Many clothing fabrics are noisier than Pampers. However, if they're scented, you'll undoubtedly detect a bit of that powdery scent emanating from your pants--and a bit more if you wet. In the extremely unlikely event that somebody remarks on it, you can just say that you ran out of deodorant and had to use your girlfriend's. :)

So... it might not mesh with my Old Spice? LOL

Good that they are not loud, smells are the least of my worries honestly, as long as it is a pleasant smell I am not to worried.

Should be quiet as I think they're all cloth backed. Goodnites do have plastic backing that gives them noise. Curious, any thought to giving a review or posting on the fit of pampers baby dry 6? Been temped to try them myself after slimming down, but a little hesitant on pulling the trigger right away.

FudgedInLuvs said:
Should be quiet as I think they're all cloth backed. Goodnites do have plastic backing that gives them noise. Curious, any thought to giving a review or posting on the fit of pampers baby dry 6? Been temped to try them myself after slimming down, but a little hesitant on pulling the trigger right away.

I'm not opposed to a review! :) If anything, shoot me a PM Monday and I'll let you know what I think. I am sure I will need to make an extender seeing as I have a 32~ waist.

Adapting the waist of a baby diaper isn't hard. What's a bit harder (but certainly not impossible) is adapting the rise. These diapers are only 22 inches long, and that's when they're stretched flat. That's two inches shorter than GoodNites L/XL. Your rise measurement--waistline to waistline through your crotch--is probably greater than 22 inches. If it's a lot greater, then a baby diaper is going to land mostly on your hips, and probably not stay up very well. If you find that to be the case, one of the better ways to go, in my opinion, is to grab a few small safety pins and secure the baby diaper into your underwear. Back when Pampers and Huggies lacked stretchy wings, I used to do this A LOT.

Cottontail said:
Adapting the waist of a baby diaper isn't hard. What's a bit harder (but certainly not impossible) is adapting the rise. These diapers are only 22 inches long, and that's when they're stretched flat. That's two inches shorter than GoodNites L/XL. Your rise measurement--waistline to waistline through your crotch--is probably greater than 22 inches. If it's a lot greater, then a baby diaper is going to land mostly on your hips, and probably stay up very well. If you find that to be the case, one of the better ways to go, in my opinion, is to grab a few small safety pins and secure the baby diaper into your underwear. Back when Pampers and Huggies lacked stretchy wings, I used to do this A LOT.

Goodnites fit me high on the waist, maybe I ought to measure, but it I am not mistake two inches should make them come up to 3-4 inches below my belly button. We will see, I am not a particularly large human being.

Do they hold much? Or will it be for the fun of wearing a baby diaper?

Capacity on Pampers or Huggies will be very limited. For someone who has had prostrate surgery and dribbles, I believe they would be the best alternative if the desire is to not be detected. They will perform as good, or better than a male pad. The scent of Pampers is so light, I would not be concerned in the least bit. I wear adult diapers 24/7, and don't get any looks or comments. I am betting that with the Pampers, nobody would have the slightest idea unless you strait out told them.

Honeywell6180 said:
Capacity on Pampers or Huggies will be very limited. For someone who has had prostrate surgery and dribbles, I believe they would be the best alternative if the desire is to not be detected. They will perform as good, or better than a male pad. The scent of Pampers is so light, I would not be concerned in the least bit. I wear adult diapers 24/7, and don't get any looks or comments. I am betting that with the Pampers, nobody would have the slightest idea unless you strait out told them.

Perfect! :) Thanks for the info!

Just remember to wear them as a pad, with tight-fitting underwear. Leave the tabs in place. They will stay flush with your skin, and you won't feel them. When you need to swap quickly in a public restroom, just have another one in your left pocket. Do the swap. Then, take the old one, roll it up, and fasten it with the tabs and toss it in the bin discretely. 30 seconds, and done. That's more than anybody can say about those fancy "pads". Or worse, that Depend "Real Fit" product that WILL upset a janitor if it's not totally out of visibility.

Feel good about yourself. You made a mature decision, by finding a product that is not only right for you, but is also considerate of others. Now put that fine tool to work, and you'll see what it's made of!

Honeywell6180 said:
Just remember to wear them as a pad, with tight-fitting underwear. Leave the tabs in place. They will stay flush with your skin, and you won't feel them. When you need to swap quickly in a public restroom, just have another one in your left pocket. Do the swap. Then, take the old one, roll it up, and fasten it with the tabs and toss it in the bin discretely. 30 seconds, and done. That's more than anybody can say about those fancy "pads". Or worse, that Depend "Real Fit" product that WILL upset a janitor if it's not totally out of visibility.

Feel good about yourself. You made a mature decision, by finding a product that is not only right for you, but is also considerate of others. Now put that fine tool to work, and you'll see what it's made of!

This might sound really weird but reading what you wrote reminded me of the song "Yellow Submarine" by the Beatles.

Yep, fairly limited as Honeywell said. One thing that helps a bit is to take them all out of the bag as soon as you get them and let them expand. They'll be twice as thick in a day, and about 4x as thick in a week. (And 4x the thickness is still pretty thin, so don't be worrying about discreetness!) The added thickness definitely makes them feel more diapery, and also helps with the speed of absorption. Either way, you'll want to be a bit deliberate and slow in wetting them, as while they have quite a bit of SAP in them, they'll never keep up with an adult-sized flood.

If you find the Baby Dry somewhat satisfying but not quite absorbent enough, a follow-up experiment might be trying the Baby Dry "Extra Protection" diapers (formerly called simply Pampers Extra Protection). Of course, you can order these online, but many/most Target stores carry them in boxes of 40, if you have a Target near you. These diapers are basically just Baby Dry with different prints and a lot more SAP. They're not much quicker at absorbing, but they hold quite a bit more.

And finally: If you decide you like Pampers... buy 'em from the supermarket! It's kinda funny to order, pay shipping, and wait for days to get something you could just walk out of a store with. I guess if you live in a small town where every store employee is a friend or neighbor, then maybe it makes sense. Otherwise, ... I mean that's like the only indisputable advantage baby diapers have over other diapers--availability and (relative) cheapness.

Cottontail said:
Yep, fairly limited as Honeywell said. One thing that helps a bit is to take them all out of the bag as soon as you get them and let them expand. They'll be twice as thick in a day, and about 4x as thick in a week. (And 4x the thickness is still pretty thin, so don't be worrying about discreetness!) The added thickness definitely makes them feel more diapery, and also helps with the speed of absorption. Either way, you'll want to be a bit deliberate and slow in wetting them, as while they have quite a bit of SAP in them, they'll never keep up with an adult-sized flood.

If you find the Baby Dry somewhat satisfying but not quite absorbent enough, a follow-up experiment might be trying the Baby Dry "Extra Protection" diapers (formerly called simply Pampers Extra Protection). Of course, you can order these online, but many/most Target stores carry them in boxes of 40, if you have a Target near you. These diapers are basically just Baby Dry with different prints and a lot more SAP. They're not much quicker at absorbing, but they hold quite a bit more.

And finally: If you decide you like Pampers... buy 'em from the supermarket! It's kinda funny to order, pay shipping, and wait for days to get something you could just walk out of a store with. I guess if you live in a small town where every store employee is a friend or neighbor, then maybe it makes sense. Otherwise, ... I mean that's like the only indisputable advantage baby diapers have over other diapers--availability and (relative) cheapness.

I live in a small town but I don't know anyone. We have a Walmart not far from me. But I'd be afraid of seeing someone I know. The nearest target is atleast 40 miles. I am sure Walmart has them though. And walmart has self checkout, it would just be a matter of getting to the self checkout. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back