Bladder muscle spasm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cole

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have been getting random bladder muscle spasams lately. It's wierd, it feels like a regular muscle twitch like in your arm, but I can feel it's my bladder. It's not enough to make me go pee, but I wonder if could happen.

Not that I want it to happen at all, it's not my "style".

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I have spasms too. I'm off for Cystometry tests this afternoon so will bring it up during the consul. For some I understand they can be intense, painful and cause involuntary voiding. Fortunately I'm not there. Regards MWHE

i often have them doubling me over in pain. Not fun at all ><

I have had strange feelings down there for ages but it is all due to the nerve damage caused by my diabetes which has left me incontinent.

I hope I do not get deleted for saying this but 2 medications that have really helped with my spasms are Flomax (Tamulosin) which is normally for enlarged prostate ( I have that also) and Norflex ( Orphenadrine) both are generically available Norflex is a very old muscle relaxant but I find it works better for me than the modern stuff like Flexaril ( Cyclobenaprine) I also like Norflex because it's very long acting therefor you only have to take it once every 12 hours,which for me is better than taking something four times a day, YMMV but you can talk to your urologist and see if they are willing to prescribe it off label for you.

I take the Flomax on label for my prostate and the Norflex on label for muscle spasms due to my MMD & HNA and have have just found them to be effective at limiting the bladder spasms by accident.

These are just my experience and I am not a Doctor ( nor do I play one on tv,or stay at a certain hotel chain).

Peace

Thanks for the info. I occasionally take Flexeril for enlarged vertebrae discs that cause pinched nerves and muscle spasms. It works great for that, but it really knocks me out and I wake up very lethargic.

I'll have a chat with my regular Dr. first.

I got a terrible UTI yesterday and spent the entire night at the hospital. Besides giving me an antibiotic they also gave me a medication to relax my bladder muscles as peeing is extremely painful. The problem is that the bladder medication has made me almost incontinent. I have a pair of pants, underwear and sweat pants in the washing machine as I write this. To make matters worse, the medication turns your urine a bright orange to red. It's actually no fun at all.

dogboy said:
I got a terrible UTI yesterday

I hope you feel better soon.

BabyDenise said:
I hope you feel better soon.

Hey, thanks very much. I felt a little better today but it's still painful. I'm anxious to get back to feeling normal.

dogboy said:
Hey, thanks very much. I felt a little better today but it's still painful. I'm anxious to get back to feeling normal.

may as well make the most of having a legit excuse to be diapered... (how did you manage to wet two pair of pants? just not feelin like diapering up since you're blah?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back