Can clear urine still cause a rash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexia

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
as the title says, my question is: can clear urine still cause a rash? i don't have much money and diaper creams are pretty expensive here and i really want to sleep in a wet diaper without getting a rash. i don't have any rash treatment supplies, so i would have a really bad time if i got one. again, i'm on a tight budget, so i spend all my funds just on diapers.

and one more question: is it true that sleeping in a wet diaper has the same effet as that classic old hand in warm water prank, causing you to wet yourself while sleeping even if you're not a bedwetter?

In my experience, sleeping wet is alright so long as you change within an hour of waking up. I have pretty tough skin though and everyone's different, so don't rely solely on my advice.
To answer your second question, I'm not 100% sure about it. I mean, I feel like that's what happens, but I don't know for sure since I've never tested it.

I'm forever flummoxed as to why an 18 year old wouldn't have five bucks for a tube of cream, but that's just me....

Any urine will cause a rash, if your skin is sensitive, and you leave a wet diaper on too long (12 hrs +???).. The more your skin gets used to it, the more it becomes a non-issue. If a diaper smells like ammonia, it's too long. Ammonia burns. Cloth vs. disposables makes a definite difference, too. Disposables convert pee to gel, and have a water barrier to keep skin dryer. Cloth is just wetness against the skin, and consequently, they should be changed quicker than disposables.

No. Being in a wet diaper will not make you spontaneously wet. Not even sure the warm water trick really works. A myth, if you ask me. IF someone were to put a person's hand in warm water, WHY wouldn't the person just wake up to go pee??? Peeing themselves is very unlikely, though I'm absolutely sure somebody will challenge that. Whatever.

I don't think you can get a clear answer from that because everyone's skin is different, and there are too many other variables like your skin condition, cleaning habbits friction from your skin and diaper. Some people have iron skin and can abuse the heck out of it without a worry. Others have to tiptoe to keep their skin even marginally healthy. You have to try things and figure out what you need to do to keep your skin happy.

Clear urine is the healthiest urine, it shows that your body is hydrated to the maximum, that being said if diaper creams are to expensive you can always go old fashion and buy store brand petroleum jelly, all you need is a thin barrier, a little baby power for your skin that make contact with the edges of the diaper to prevent chaffing while mobile.

You only need creams to treat rashes. For simple prevention, something like Johnson's Baby Lotion will do fine, and you can get that for a couple of pounds a bottle. Whatever you're using, you're not supposed to slather your crotch in the stuff - a thin layer is all that is necessary.

Clear is probably less likely to cause irritation than concentrated yellow. That said, I sleep in diapers all the time and have never once used any kind of cream, and never once gotten any kind of rash. You'll probably be fine, especially if you're not wearing 24/7.

yep, clear means more diluted, so less chance of irritation fromthe waste products in the urine. Also means you're drinking more than the minimum necessary necessary to stay hydrated, which is fine, you'll just be peeing more often. Clearer urine can also simply be a sign that you're not very active, as most of that yellow tint is lactic acid, a byproduct of your body (mainly muscles) using energy.

Jamieboy said:
I'm forever flummoxed as to why an 18 year old wouldn't have five bucks for a tube of cream, but that's just me....

Do you keep a close eye on the income/expense ratios of all age groups? I'm 33 and I barely have five bucks to buy a four-dollar Wendy's Value Meal. All of the diapers I acquired over the course of my life were either on discount, or placed in my path by the Night Watch. (Or the Day Watch, those guys are shifty)

IF someone were to put a person's hand in warm water, WHY wouldn't the person just wake up to go pee???

You're on a site with a size able demographic of people who actually do experience nocturnal enuresis and you're puzzled by why someone wouldn't wake up to respond to the sensation to pee? I mean, okay, the question I would be asking is why doesn't someone know their hand is being placed in water, but then I once slept through a house fire and the house was right across the street from me.

The warm water "trick" is just that a "trick" to see if you are dumb enough to do it, it very rarely has the "desired effect". Second having a barrier cream on hand (rash cream) is responsible adult behaviour under " diaper use 101" , no matter the reason for wearing diapers, your skin is the largest body organ,not caring for said organ so that you can "afford" one extra diaper a month, takes infantilism from a fetish to a disability because it shows a heinous disregard for the proper care of yourself and screams no matter your chronological age mentally you are devoid of the capability of making important decisions and therefore you require a guardian to do these things for you!.

Yes this is hard to hear and I may get flamed for it but its the truth. If you can not give up one diaper a month for a year to purchase rash cream that may last four years you really have a problem that goes far and away beyond a tight budget.

Peace

NateSean said:
Do you keep a close eye on the income/expense ratios of all age groups? I'm 33 and I barely have five bucks to buy a four-dollar Wendy's Value Meal.

....you're puzzled by why someone wouldn't wake up to respond to the sensation to pee? I mean, okay, the question I would be asking is why doesn't someone know their hand is being placed in water....

Look, I get it, SOME people are poor (BUT somehow they manage to have an internet connection, which costs money, or a smart phone, etc.), but, come on! Get a better job, if you don't have FIVE BUCKS, for goodness sakes. I made two bucks an hour, as a dishwasher, in the 1960's, as a 12 year old. $3 an hour working in a gas station couple years later. By 18, it was $300/month working on $5,000,000 planes, in the Air Force, with room & board paid for, and all the food you could possibly want to eat.. So, yes, I repeat, I'm flummoxed, even more so for a 34 year old that can't buy a burger. You guys should tell us where you work. That would be an interesting thread...

As for the warm water trick, I know full well who my audience is here... I should have said take a NORMAL person, and put their hand in warm water, etc. THIS DOES NOT WORK. It's a joke on anybody that thinks it does. The joke is that the bedwetting person is hoping you'll do this to them, so they can wet, and the non-wetting person will get up, go pee, and dry their hand off (said MOSTLY tongue in cheek).

Really guys/gals, get lives, decent jobs, and treat yourself to a good burger AND diaper, once in awhile. Don't come into public forums begging for money, diapers, OR burgers. And, for goodness sake, if you can't afford a decent diaper, get a damned Terry towel & plastic garbage sack, and WING IT!

BTW, buy the WalMart Equate brand A&D ointment for two bucks, instead of the name brand A&D for $5, and you can still buy (3) .99¢ burgers instead of the dang $4 Wendy's (kids!) Happy Meal. Kill two birds with one stone!

- - - Updated - - -

Tetra said:
Yes this is hard to hear and I may get flamed for it but its the truth. If you can not give up one diaper a month for a year to purchase rash cream that may last four years you really have a problem that goes far and away beyond a tight budget.

Peace

I definitely won't flame you for using words of reason, combined with common sense.... Might just friend you! :)

- - - Updated - - -

NateSean said:
I once slept through a house fire and the house was right across the street from me.

We call that SLEEPING LIKE A BABY....

Jamieboy said:
Look, I get it, SOME people are poor (BUT somehow they manage to have an internet connection, which costs money, or a smart phone, etc.), but, come on! Get a better job, if you don't have FIVE BUCKS, for goodness sakes. I made two bucks an hour, as a dishwasher, in the 1960's, as a 12 year old. $3 an hour working in a gas station couple years later. By 18, it was $300/month working on $5,000,000 planes, in the Air Force, with room & board paid for, and all the food you could possibly want to eat.. So, yes, I repeat, I'm flummoxed, even more so for a 34 year old that can't buy a burger. You guys should tell us where you work. That would be an interesting thread...

Totaly agreed!

23 year old here and working 180-190h/ month with a good salary! I treat myself with good quality food, diapers and whatever i want to consume :)
Its alot of hard work but its all worth it in the end of the month!

Working with Prefabricated concrete walls!

Age has nothing to do with success. It's what you make of it. I've had my highs and lows in life. I was homeless for 2 years.

Today I make $600+ per week after taxes, insurance, 401 K. I don't work hard, I sit on my ass driving 18 wheelers.

Jamieboy said:
Look, I get it, SOME people are poor (BUT somehow they manage to have an internet connection, which costs money, or a smart phone, etc.), but, come on!

Going to a friend's house to use their connection, using the library computers, etc. I'm not saying I don't question people's means occasionally.

. I made two bucks an hour, as a dishwasher, in the 1960's, as a 12 year old.

And people younger than you were drummer boys in the Civil War. Times change, so do laws and the things we can do with five bucks. If they had found out you were an AB/DL in those days you could have been committed to a place where you'd get all the diaper cream you could ask for (Although not necessarily for diaper related purposes).

So, yes, I repeat, I'm flummoxed, even more so for a 34 year old that can't buy a burger. You guys should tell us where you work. That would be an interesting thread...

That's alright, I don't feel the need to wave my dick around to impress people. For someone who is so "successful" in life, you could probably pick up a teensy bit of sarcasm.

putte said:
Totaly agreed!

23 year old here and working 180-190h/ month with a good salary! I treat myself with good quality food, diapers and whatever i want to consume.

My own kid's a shift super at a well known coffee franchise, and I know he struggles, even with a job, but he's got the car, insurance, fuel, parties, concerts, girlfriends, etc. That's my point, too. You can earn well, and still be broke, if you buy diamonds & designer diapers.

- - - Updated - - -

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
Age has nothing to do with success. It's what you make of it. I've had my highs and lows in life. I was homeless for 2 years.

Today I make $600+ per week after taxes, insurance, 401 K. I don't work hard, I sit on my ass driving 18 wheelers.

Well, I, too, was jobless for two years (outright age discrimination), and was forced to sell my home, or lose it. Got out, just in time to preserve my equity. I know I wasn't wearing designer diapers during that period (never have bought/worn them, aamof), and I certainly wasn't on any corners begging for food/ money. I was all over Craigslist, putting up ads to do handyman work, etc. I also bought Molicares & Abena's over Craigslist, for a fraction of their online cost, to keep myself in decent absorbency diapers. Still have some packs of those, nearly three years later...

BTW, I drive OTR, too, first for one of the larger training carrier's, now pulling team doubles around the country for a very, very decent amount of $$$, diapered, of course... We do 5,000 - 6,000 miles every 5-6 days, no bennnies, but great mula, enough to buy our own bennies.

- - - Updated - - -

And people younger than you were drummer boys in the Civil War. Times change, so do laws and the things we can do with five bucks. I don't feel the need to wave my dick around to impress people.

You know there really is no talking to some people. They start talking nonsense, obscure the obvious, and then start talking vulgarities, as if that makes their point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back