Status
Not open for further replies.

CookieMonstah

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
So pretty much all of us on this site wears diapers, and sometimes we may experience diaper rash at some point and can get rid of it quite easily and it's okay you just got to be careful next time well for me what I thought was diaper rash turned out to be something different.

So I've had what I thought was diaper rash for a couple of weeks and so I was starting to get concerned, it was really itchy "down there" and I'd be scratching a lot which wasn't good. So I've been using diaper rash cream but it wasn't helping so then I Googled it.

I found out about jock itch, because the one thing I noticed is "down there" would get sweaty (gross I know) and that would make it worse with the heat and moisture. So after finding out about it I've been using an anti fungal cream and I've been fine recently.

I posted this here just in case any other people have had / are having problems and don't realise what it really is.

I've had issues in the past with any greasy creames dissolving the adhesive that holds the elastic bands in the leak guards (and sometimes even in the leg gathers!) So then I end up with one or two bare elastic bands trying to dig into irritated skin, making matters worse. Only happens on some diapers. So I go with Zeesorb AF powder instead of cremes. It's worked really well for me, you can get them 5 or 6 bottles at a time on amazon or ebay for a lot less than in the local stores.

Yeah. I had the same thing happen to me years ago. I'd gotten ringworm (not a worm, but a fungal infection that causes ring-shaped red patches), and assumed I'd gotten diaper rash. But a week's worth of diaper rash therapy did nothing. Eventually, after a somewhat embarrassing visit to the doctor, I ended up with a tube of Lotrimin AF and the whole thing was gone in little more than a day. *Facepalm* Live and learn!

Cottontail said:
Yeah. I had the same thing happen to me years ago. I'd gotten ringworm (not a worm, but a fungal infection that causes ring-shaped red patches), and assumed I'd gotten diaper rash. But a week's worth of diaper rash therapy did nothing. Eventually, after a somewhat embarrassing visit to the doctor, I ended up with a tube of Lotrimin AF and the whole thing was gone in little more than a day. *Facepalm* Live and learn!

Yeah I looked online and it said diaper rash should go after a week max so I was concerned but now seems to be all good, I also forgot to mention I didn't wear diapers for this entire time thinking that wouldn't help at all because it's a diaper rash

probably the easiest way to tell if you've got a fungal problem rather than a rash is that the fungal issues will give you an odor. The smell will probably vary depending on the person and the variety of fungus, but for me the smell always reminds me of parmesan cheese. Rashes shouldn't have any odor since they're just irritated skin.

bambinod said:
probably the easiest way to tell if you've got a fungal problem rather than a rash is that the fungal issues will give you an odor. The smell will probably vary depending on the person and the variety of fungus, but for me the smell always reminds me of parmesan cheese. Rashes shouldn't have any odor since they're just irritated skin.

It's not a strong smell but definitely a cheesy sort of smell which I just thought it was because of sweat

cheese odor is almost always fungus. you have to either dry it out (effective but takes time), hit it with antifungal treatment, or both. zeesorb AF does both.

bambinod said:
cheese odor is almost always fungus. you have to either dry it out (effective but takes time), hit it with antifungal treatment, or both. zeesorb AF does both.

Well because I thought it was diaper rash I've been drying it and using cream straight after drying, now I dry and use an anti fungal cream and already within a day I've hardly itched and the redness is going a bit and the skin is a lot smoother. Shame I only discovered this now after spending a bit on rash creams and having this inconvenience.

Glad to hear it's clearing up! (I'll have to be careful once I go back to wearing 24/7 again.)

This is one reason why I shave and have no hair down there. I also add a little powder that is cornstarch. Helps a lot to keep me dry and moist free. This is true on hot days.

Tea tree oil soap is recommended for and to prevent fungal skin infections. I had one on my arm and as well as anti-fungal cream my doctor put me onto the soap.

BabyToddler said:
This is one reason why I shave and have no hair down there. I also add a little powder that is cornstarch. Helps a lot to keep me dry and moist free. This is true on hot days.

Yes I sometimes shave as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back