Really having to wear Goodnites/Drynites

Status
Not open for further replies.

millerjim

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have been fascinated by goodnites/drynites since I was in elementary school. I used to wet the bed regularly until I was about 11 and just the idea that there were "big kid diapers" out there was exhilarating. Unfortunately, my parents never bought me any, and even if they did I was so paranoid at that age about anybody discovering my love of diapers that i would have probably refused to wear them, less they ever get suspicious, ha.

I am curious though, how many people her legitimately had to wear goodnites/drynites as a much older kid or even as teenagers, and I am not talking about sneaking them on your own. I know they are marketed as "pajama pants" that are just like underwear, but come on, they are just oversized pull ups. On the goodnites website they actually have a specific section about how some teens could still benefit from goodnites/drynites, and while my teen and bedwetting years are long gone, I would love to hear any of your responses from people who's parents legitimately bought them goodnites/drynites into their late childhood and teen years and what that was like. Did it play a part on you becoming and abdl early on, or were you already one? Did you siblings/friends tease you? Any embarrassing or funny situations because you wore them? Thanks for any responses.

As a kid I was in goodnites to control my bedwetting from age 8 to 15. It was embarrassing since mom bought them at the grocery store. At first I hated the thought and I protested but I quickly learned that they were comfy, they were soft, and yes, they were a diaper. I'd always wanted to wear diapers and like you, I fought to put up the guise that I didn't want them. I think it was a step toward being abdl, but I also believe it was already in me before. (Was diapered up to age 6 at night). My favorite moment was waking up wet as always on a Saturday morning, throwing on shorts and playing soccer in the front yard with my brother for an hour or two, wetting my goodnite more.

I wore goodnights till I was 13. I think it did contribute to being a DL. No one ever laughed at me but I was terrified that someone would find out. To my knowledge only 2 of my cousins ever found out.

I wore them until I was 17 for bedwetting at night.

And since I've become urinary incontinent, I wear them during the day, every day. Very discreet and they hold up quite well.

Not sure goodnites existed when I was in the bedwetting stage. I did have to wear pull-ups on vacations. So I guess it was like 5-11 ish +/- a year that I was a bed wetter - It's been a while.
But Yeah, I wet the bed but was not able to have any sort of protection. Basically just a puddle most mornings. When I was around 5-ish I was required to wear gerber plastic pants, that was it and is basically my trigger.
Puberty is basically what stopped it, extra muscles in the area, basically. I didn't have any foresight to think to ask to wear some sort of protection until like 15-ish which was 4 years too late =(

But I did start buying those for myself like 6 or 7 years ago when I stopped being able to slip on a pull-up. They are pretty cool-ish to me.
Bed wetting is fairly common, so I would assume at least that there are many occasions a teen might need them, assuming they had informed parents that didn't let them sleep in pee all night.

I wore goodnites from the time they came out until they went to the trim fit in 2004 and wore all 3 sizes at one point or another, I only went like a total of 2-3 years in my entire childhood where i wasnt bedwetting a year at age 4 with no diapers and from 15-17 but I still wore goodnites because I was afraid i would start wetting again and I obviously did and have ever since. If the original XL goodnites were still made I would still wear them as they still fit me incredibly well. I miss them so much!

KenworthW900b said:
I wore goodnites from the time they came out until they went to the trim fit in 2004 **snip**...

If the original XL goodnites were still made I would still wear them as they still fit me incredibly well. I miss them so much!

I loved them, too, and wore them for nearly a decade during the late 90's. Depends RealFits are the best substitute these days, though there are better (more expensive) pullups available (Abena, Moli's, Reassure OVERNIGHTS, etc). The RealFits are an off the shelf item at all Walmart stores for $10.

surprisingly you aren't the first one I've heard make this analogy. I find that yes while it's the same manufacturer they feel different from the old goodnites.

bigbluehusky said:
**snip** ...they feel different from the old goodnites.

When I close my eyes, and patt my butt, they are all a decent replacement. I use to have to hit the side panels on Goodnites with a blow dryer, to keep them from ripping the sides out. Not needed with the RealFits. That's a plus!

BTW, you can wear 2-3 at a time, too, for a lot fuller diaper feel, discarding inner pants, as they reach saturation. I've done this every day, 24/7, for the past 2+ years.

Thanks for the response. For bigbluehusky, I am curious, did your siblings or friends make fun of you for wearing them? Also, did you willingly stop wearing them, or did your parents just stop buying them for you?

Some of us are too old for these to be available when we were going through that time (heck, I was somewhere around ten when the hourglass shape fitted diapers came out). I was in the largest infant diapers available until almost ten, then left to deal with the wet sheets from then on. Wasn't until late in my high school years that Depend (the good ones that came out early on) became available and I got to use those.

I'm not sure if Goodnites were a thing when I was at that age (when did they come out...?), but I did occasionally wear pull ups only on 'special occasions' i.e. Overnight stays at family member's house, on trips at night--etc. but, I never regularly wore anything at night.

My younger brother did however, and his actually lasted much longer than my own night issues. He wore actual Goodnites pretty much nightly. My memory is kind of whack, but I'd say the number times I actually wore a pull up/diaper (on one occasion, when my grandma didn't actually have pull ups on hand) and actually peed at night while wearing one would number less than 10. It was a pretty rare thing. I always thought my mom having me wear one had more to do with her paranoia with it happening with my brother, as it was more of a common thing with him. Her caution just kind of fell on me through osmosis. Still, 90% of the time I didn't wear anything, and wet beds were just a thing if it happened.

Edit - As weird as this sounds, a lot of the time--me wearing the pull ups (Goodnites...?) had more to do with the need for emergency clean clothes/underwear and none were on hand, so they had to suffice.

Dan09 said:
I'm not sure if Goodnites were a thing when I was at that age (when did they come out...?), but I did occasionally wear pull ups only on 'special occasions' i.e. Overnight stays at family member's house, on trips at night--etc. but, I never regularly wore anything at night.

My younger brother did however, and his actually lasted much longer than my own night issues. He wore actual Goodnites pretty much nightly. My memory is kind of whack, but I'd say the number times I actually wore a pull up/diaper (on one occasion, when my grandma didn't actually have pull ups on hand) and actually peed at night while wearing one would number less than 10. It was a pretty rare thing. I always thought my mom having me wear one had more to do with her paranoia with it happening with my brother, as it was more of a common thing with him. Her caution just kind of fell on me through osmosis. Still, 90% of the time I didn't wear anything, and wet beds were just a thing if it happened.

Edit - As weird as this sounds, a lot of the time--me wearing the pull ups (Goodnites...?) had more to do with the need for emergency clean clothes/underwear and none were on hand, so they had to suffice.

I know that GoodNites were released around 1994 or 1995, they could have been out in 1993 but for sure I bough my first pack of them in 1995, I regularly saw ads for them in my mothers Selection Reader's Digest, think I even have an old one from 1994 with the ad in it somewhere.

When i was around 10 or 11,I used to have to wear goodnites to bed a lot since i was a bed-wetter. but now i have a medical issue of some sort and i just have a fetish for wearing goodnites. but what i want to know is will goodnites even fit me? i bought the S/M size pack once and it didnt work too well. i will say that im 6'7 in height, im about 150Ib in weight, and im about a 32' waist. could i even consider trying the X/XL goodnites? Luvs? Pampers? hope to hear a response

I was a bed wetter and had to wear GoodNites until I was 9. I remember being pretty neutral about the whole thing, though I'm sure it influenced me being an ABDL.

Tallman015 said:
When i was around 10 or 11,I used to have to wear goodnites to bed a lot since i was a bed-wetter. but now i have a medical issue of some sort and i just have a fetish for wearing goodnites. but what i want to know is will goodnites even fit me? i bought the S/M size pack once and it didnt work too well. i will say that im 6'7 in height, im about 150Ib in weight, and im about a 32' waist. could i even consider trying the X/XL goodnites? Luvs? Pampers? hope to hear a response

It's a bit difficult to say. Ordinarily, I'd say that with a 32" waist, you should just about fit into X/XL, so long as you are careful when putting them on - the sides will stretch enough, but you have to be mindful of tearing them. However, few people with a 32" waist are 6ft 7". It's possible that with your proportions, they may sit a bit low. Baby nappies are out of the question.

L/XL Goodnites Fit me just fine since they updated them a while ago.
I'm 36"/172 Waist, 32" would be a way better fit. When I was 32" those Goodnites actually were a bit lose lol.
They don't come up in the back as high as I would like, but It shouldn't be an issue.

When I was 9-10 years old, I got to do a market research study for Goodnites. I was never a bedwetter; I just tried them on for fit/sizing purposes. I remember having to rate designs, too. In all honesty, I know it's what sort of triggered my diaper fetish.

millerjim said:
Thanks for the response. For bigbluehusky, I am curious, did your siblings or friends make fun of you for wearing them? Also, did you willingly stop wearing them, or did your parents just stop buying them for you?
They just stopped buying them. My brother made fun of me at first since he was dry at night and a year younger than me. I still needed them cause I still wet, but either they caught on that I'd wet them before going to sleep (and still wet while sleeping) or that I really liked wearing them.

Well im just checking. ive seen videos on YouTube of people wearing all sorts of goodnites and even nappies, and they seem to not have a problem putting them on and they are either less than 32 waist or even more than a 32. i just want to be sure because i dont want to pay for the L/XL goodnites and then they not fit me. someone on YouTube said that all this depends on waist size, which is y one time i bought the S/M sized goodnites because i could fit in the medium, but i think they were all small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back