New ABU Diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I have just received word of ABU's newest addition the Space Diaper. With a projected capacity of 5000ml.
More information is available on their website.
What are your thoughts on these?

I personally would like to try these diapers. I hope they come in small.

Slide11.jpg
got a pic for ya

It's exciting - they're hitting the same price point as Bellissimos while promising features akin to Rearz. They'll be a significant improvement on what exists in the market if they pull that off.

I would ignore the stated capacity number - my experience is that diapers hold maybe half of the stated capacity in practice at best, and high-end diapers often run into problems with other parts of the diaper like the tapes failing first. Thus, the actual real-world number is not only going to be much lower but it's going to depend on what part fails first, which may not have anything to do with the absolute capacity. That said, I do really appreciate ABU being transparent about the testing method used to reach that number.

They look adorable but they don't come in size small yet but they might sell small size later, also there's another two diapers that they're going to be released in January called Little Paws and an all white diaper, probably a re-skin of the space diaper, glad to see more abdl products every day :eek:

I can't wait to get these, they look awesome and 5000ml capacity sounds amazing.

There actually a video review of these on YouTube already, from what I gather, they at made by the same manufacturer that makes Rearz.

5000ml is just ridiculous, the diaper is not going to last that long and even if it does, who wants to sit in more than a gallon of their own pee?

I'm all for good absorbency but some of these diapers are just going over the top now. At least these are affordable, definitely looking forward to trying them.

I totally agree with your statement.

I am excited for these diapers. I will be getting them as a sample pack once they can be ordered.

MaxiPad89 said:
5000ml is just ridiculous, the diaper is not going to last that long and even if it does, who wants to sit in more than a gallon of their own pee?

I'm all for good absorbency but some of these diapers are just going over the top now. At least these are affordable, definitely looking forward to trying them.

It's not the design that's the issue. The higher the theoretical capacity, the higher the useful capacity (although diminishing returns clearly set in). Having lots of SAP increases the speed of absorption and reduces the likelihood of leaks (within reason). Not to mention that some people (including me) like the way that they swell.

The problem is that the manufacturers keep making an advertising point of the theoretical capacity, when it is completely irrelevant to the way nappies are actually worm and used. They could make a point about speed of absorption or leak-resistance, but that's less eye-catching than a number.

Fruitkitty said:
It's exciting - they're hitting the same price point as Bellissimos while promising features akin to Rearz. They'll be a significant improvement on what exists in the market if they pull that off.

I would ignore the stated capacity number - my experience is that diapers hold maybe half of the stated capacity in practice at best, and high-end diapers often run into problems with other parts of the diaper like the tapes failing first. Thus, the actual real-world number is not only going to be much lower but it's going to depend on what part fails first, which may not have anything to do with the absolute capacity. That said, I do really appreciate ABU being transparent about the testing method used to reach that number.

I completely agree with this statement.

I really like the look of these diapers. They sound like they have great capacity and will fit right in with the rest of ABU's lineup. Hoping to try these once they come out. =)

MaxiPad89 said:

They definetely last that long... I put one on in Indianapolis, had an hour wait for my flight, then 1.5 hours to Atlanta, 2 hour wait, 8.5 hour flight to Manchester, 1 hour to get my bags, 0.5 hour drive home, then had a nap for 6 hours - woke up and I still had more absorption room. They are definitely more comfortable than the Rearz and, whilst I didn't measure how much I pee'd, I would say 5L is definitely close to the working absorbency. The tapes are extremely strong, as well as the plastic, but yet the nappy is actually really soft and super comfortable to wear.

IMG_8170.jpg

Man...so many good new diapers on the market...one day I'll get to try them all.

Dlab93, this may be a stupid question,but given that they do not appear to be on sale yet, where did you get that from?

Some of the more fortunate people get to try the prototypes for testing before they become available to the general public.

Has anyone ordered from ABU since the new management took over? I'm curious to know how they're doing.

-Gus

I have ordered recently, I actually had a damage to my shipment from UPS delivering to the wrong house and them opening it up with a knife.
I called ABU to complain about ups and they were very receptive, Abu sent a new package of Sdks the next day and kept apologizing on behave of UPS, they seem like a real good company, this happened 2 months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back