DryNites (2015 New Zealand girls 8-15 with pics) and my story

Status
Not open for further replies.

drynitesscout

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi all.

This is my first post on the internet, so hopefully it makes someone's day (and hopefully more than one!)

I wanted to buy the latest girls' Drynites in New Zealand, but couldn't find any good-quality images of the packaging and diapers, so figured I would post some here for people to reference.

Note that the last two images show a diaper with what I call the "non-crinkle" cover removed.

What are your thoughts? I seriously prefer all of the previous designs, and have found the latest ones for the larger girls to be "tame" and rather unexciting. If they were to make Frozen-themed ones in a large size however, hallelujah!

PWDFqqF.jpg

8YBRTDR.jpg

hXfzwro.jpg

U57I1pB.jpg

SGOq627.jpg

o7PQkFm.jpg

VhuLc6f.jpg

P1gnTcQ.jpg

O93pfAS.jpg

BcIz3Fl.jpg

qbnrj0h.jpg

yAbCHJz.jpg

JR3IhAG.jpg

Great pictures. Thanks for the post

Great pics, thanks for sharing. Though, I'm in the camp that actually likes these designs, they're certainly more interesting than the ones we Americans have on our GoodNites (one of the designs has basically been around for four years now, and it's gotten sort of stale IMO).

how different are they from goodnites

It's nice to see nice things from so many time zones away (I'm currently in the U.S.)!

Also, the designs are quite refreshing yet the way the diapers are packed is strange... 3 designs, but seemingly of varying rarity (are they really?).

Owls, "DREAM" with stripes, and cupcakes.
Personally I favor Owls, because it's the most adorable. I love baking, so I like the cupcakes, too! Not too fond of the "DREAM" design (mainly the text).

Embrace said:
It's nice to see nice things from so many time zones away (I'm currently in the U.S.)!

Also, the designs are quite refreshing yet the way the diapers are packed is strange... 3 designs, but seemingly of varying rarity (are they really?).

Owls, "DREAM" with stripes, and cupcakes.
Personally I favor Owls, because it's the most adorable. I love baking, so I like the cupcakes, too! Not too fond of the "DREAM" design (mainly the text).
I can understand how you would find it refreshing having different designs to the norm over there, but I have to admit I would trade five packs of Drynites for one of Goodnites. Your large sized designs are so pretty and cute!

You're right in identifying the bias of designs within one pack. Other people who have purchased these Drynites have apparently noticed a similar pattern, which is disheartening for me. Still, we have to take what we can get.

Fortunately for you, the owls design covers most of the diapers in the pack! [emoji6]

KingSphinx said:
Great pics, thanks for sharing. Though, I'm in the camp that actually likes these designs, they're certainly more interesting than the ones we Americans have on our GoodNites (one of the designs has basically been around for four years now, and it's gotten sort of stale IMO).
I take your point about the design getting old. At the same time, I do wish they were cuter, but then they wouldn't be marketing to the older, more mature girls now would they? [emoji16] I feel like they should put out a poll to the public to allow them to choose the new designs. I'm sure they would get a lot of responses!

babysnow said:
how different are they from goodnites
I've heard that Drynites hold a wetting better than Goodnites do, although I can't vouch for that as I've never tried Goodnites (but have always wanted to). They essentially cover the same body weight ranges per specification, except Drynites (in New Zealand) cover 2-4 year olds with weight range 13-20kg in a pack of 11 diapers. The 2-4 packs have the Disney fairies design that your S/M Goodnites have.

drynitesscout said:
I can understand how you would find it refreshing having different designs to the norm over there, but I have to admit I would trade five packs of Drynites for one of Goodnites. Your large sized designs are so pretty and cute!

I would imagine it's expensive to obtain many other products from elsewhere! NZ seems so remote, so I would guess shipping costs are astronomical!

Anyway, I could never seem to remove the "crinkle cover" from US Goodnites without damaging the plastic bit... I think they glue it on or something. The colors are so much more vivid when the outer layer is off!

Embrace said:
I would imagine it's expensive to obtain many other products from elsewhere! NZ seems so remote, so I would guess shipping costs are astronomical!

Anyway, I could never seem to remove the "crinkle cover" from US Goodnites without damaging the plastic bit... I think they glue it on or something. The colors are so much more vivid when the outer layer is off!
From what I've seen, it costs just under $30USD to ship a pack of Goodnites here to New Zealand from the States. Goodbye income...

That was actually the first time I had tried removing a crinkle cover, after having seen it being done to a much older design of Drynites. They did indeed rip in two places, rendering that diaper useless for wetting and possibly even wearing, but it was worth it for the experience and for showing you how gorgeous they can be when unspoilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back