• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpottedLion

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Hello. Summaries aren't my thing (I'm drawing a blank), so I'll leave you to the rest of the post to articulate better. (I've left the post fairly rambly, since that's how I tend to talk anyways. Why introduce yourself in a way that you don't act?)

I'm not sure if I'd call me a DL. I guess using a diaper is more a long-standing curiosity that I want to experience. Sorry if that's a bad explanation, I don't really feel like going into it here or now.

I'm a pretty huge nerd. I really like learning things. I didn't find post-secondary education suitable for learning things for the quest of knowledge. If I find something that interests me I much more enjoy delving into it on my own. I think a hint of curiosity would do the cat some good.

In my free time I mostly program and listen to music or take photos. Programming is boring for non-programmers. I won't bore you.

Musical tastes are fairly random and mostly all-encompassing. Usually listen to music to fit mood. Opposite is draining.

I am addicted to clouds and landscapes and sunrises, not like I can wake up in a timely enough fashion to get those most days. Not really a portrait person... unless it's someone special, I don't feel the need or merit in recording it. Humorous, since landscapes generally change slower than people. Not a professional, just do it because I like it, though I'd be honored to one day make any kind of money from a picture I took.

I'm not very good at creative writing, but I enjoy doing it from time to time. Ditto for drawing. I've much better spacial sense, but I'm often too "busy" with other things to whip out the 3D modeller program. I'm a slow worker. Non-photo creative work takes a very long time.

I like puns. Puns are the liver of a healthy life. The worse the better. Just don't ask me to talk (like, actual talking), that bodily function doesn't work too well.

I'm... not sure why I joined. A mature discussion group, I guess. I'd really like to at least have some of my curiosity answered and share the experience. The last person I talked to... I felt they didn't want me to talk about it with them... and, as shy as I am, I do actually want to talk about this with someone.

Anyways, sorry about the long one. Thanks for your focus.

Reactions: Marka
Hello spotted lion. I am new as well. And if you would be so gracious as to read my inruduction post. It is the second thread under greetings. And on the second page at the bottom.

SpottedLion said:
Hello. Summaries aren't my thing (I'm drawing a blank), so I'll leave you to the rest of the post to articulate better. (I've left the post fairly rambly, since that's how I tend to talk anyways. Why introduce yourself in a way that you don't act?)

I'm not sure if I'd call me a DL. I guess using a diaper is more a long-standing curiosity that I want to experience. Sorry if that's a bad explanation, I don't really feel like going into it here or now.

I'm a pretty huge nerd. I really like learning things. I didn't find post-secondary education suitable for learning things for the quest of knowledge. If I find something that interests me I much more enjoy delving into it on my own. I think a hint of curiosity would do the cat some good.

In my free time I mostly program and listen to music or take photos. Programming is boring for non-programmers. I won't bore you.

Musical tastes are fairly random and mostly all-encompassing. Usually listen to music to fit mood. Opposite is draining.

I am addicted to clouds and landscapes and sunrises, not like I can wake up in a timely enough fashion to get those most days. Not really a portrait person... unless it's someone special, I don't feel the need or merit in recording it. Humorous, since landscapes generally change slower than people. Not a professional, just do it because I like it, though I'd be honored to one day make any kind of money from a picture I took.

I'm not very good at creative writing, but I enjoy doing it from time to time. Ditto for drawing. I've much better spacial sense, but I'm often too "busy" with other things to whip out the 3D modeller program. I'm a slow worker. Non-photo creative work takes a very long time.

I like puns. Puns are the liver of a healthy life. The worse the better. Just don't ask me to talk (like, actual talking), that bodily function doesn't work too well.

I'm... not sure why I joined. A mature discussion group, I guess. I'd really like to at least have some of my curiosity answered and share the experience. The last person I talked to... I felt they didn't want me to talk about it with them... and, as shy as I am, I do actually want to talk about this with someone.

Anyways, sorry about the long one. Thanks for your focus.

***Welcome to ADISC SpottedLion*** I love your name :) I love wildcats! Glad you have more courage now to explore, discover and express more of yourself more openly. It is always Good to learn new things about yourself :) Look forward to reading future posts/ threads from you. Enjoy exploring ADISC and talking with like minded people.

Thank you for the warm welcome.

GoldenHoneyMummy said:
I love your name :) I love wildcats!

Cats are awesome, aren't they! For some reason, "SpottedLynx" or "SpottedDuck" didn't quite have the same... ring... to it, though "SpottedBob" would be regionally appropriate and vaguely humorous. "This... Bob... you speak of. What is it? why is it spotted?"

Glad you have more courage now to explore, discover and express more of yourself more openly. It is always Good to learn new things about yourself :)

Anything is possible at 3 AM! I thought it'd be the healthy way to go about things. (Joining... not being up at 3 in the morning.)

Look forward to reading future posts/ threads from you.

More posts than threads. Starting conversations isn't my things[sic].

I really loved your intro. It's really great to meet you! I hope you have a super duper fun time here on ADISC.

There are lots of people here who would love to talk with you about this stuff, and a bunch of other stuff too! (Myself included!) So I'm sure you've come to the right place!

You seem like a creative and thoughtful person, if that's not a silly thing to say. ^_^

Arietta said:
I really loved your intro. It's really great to meet you! I hope you have a super duper fun time here on ADISC.

Thank you. I hope I do as well.

There are lots of people here who would love to talk with you about this stuff, and a bunch of other stuff too! (Myself included!) So I'm sure you've come to the right place!

I figured as much. You guys seemed pretty good from what perusing I'd done.

You seem like a creative and thoughtful person, if that's not a silly thing to say. ^_^

I think more of all three could do lots of people good. More creative. More thoughtful. More silly.

Hey there ^~^ puns are definitely the best! Hope to see you around~

G'day spottedLion interesting intro. I like the candid way you approached it.....I also liked the way you described this place as a mature forum give that so many here are adult babies lol. Actually, I find it really amazing myself that as someone who regularly regresses to infancy, I am one of the most mature people I know....go figure :/

I hope you find what it is that had prompted you to join us, and that when you do, that you find the support and advice you need.

Happy hunting.

Being a nerd not a bad thing they come up with the best stuff.
You come to a great place to learn what your into .
All the best :)

Pianissima said:
Hey there ^~^ puns are definitely the best! Hope to see you around~

Thank you. I'm sure you will.

ozbub said:
G'day spottedLion interesting intro. I like the candid way you approached it.....

G'day. Was too tired to approach it any other way. I'm just glad it was as coherent as it turned out.

I also liked the way you described this place as a mature forum give that so many here are adult babies lol. Actually, I find it really amazing myself that as someone who regularly regresses to infancy, I am one of the most mature people I know....go figure :/

That double entendre there didn't even occur to me until you pointed it out. Fairly curious your surprise. I have a hard enough time practicing shifting, so you probably are just a mature person that practices age regression. :dunno: (That may or may not make sense, but I'm having a hard time spitting it out.)

I hope you find what it is that had prompted you to join us, and that when you do, that you find the support and advice you need.

I have a hunch I will.

foxkits said:
Being a nerd not a bad thing they come up with the best stuff.

I've found it helps with not getting much sleep. Sleep is overrated. Clearly, _____ is much more important.

You come to a great place to learn what your into .
All the best :)

Thank you, though I wouldn't say into, exactly... at least not yet.

Heya, welcome to the site! 3D modeling, huh. What kind of stuff? I'm pretty into architectural/CAD, although it's been a while since I've actually made anything. Hoping to get back into it eventually.

footieboy said:
Heya, welcome to the site! 3D modeling, huh. What kind of stuff? I'm pretty into architectural/CAD, although it's been a while since I've actually made anything. Hoping to get back into it eventually.

Thank you for the welcome.

Mostly into architecture, but I've had decent success with getting the virtual 3D space into my head to do humanoids... much more so than on paper and failing at proportion. I don't think I've done any engineering drafting except when I was doing the class for it. When I was active in D&D I'd model stuff the players saw and places they went. That was pretty fun.

Haven't done any 3D stuff lately since I've been busy with a couple programs when I'm not at work. I just don't have the creative juices for that a lot of the time, so it's pretty sporadic.

SpottedLion said:
Cats are awesome, aren't they! For some reason, "SpottedLynx" or "SpottedDuck" didn't quite have the same... ring... to it, though "SpottedBob" would be regionally appropriate and vaguely humorous. "This... Bob... you speak of. What is it? why is it spotted?"

Anything is possible at 3 AM! I thought it'd be the healthy way to go about things. (Joining... not being up at 3 in the morning.)

Yes, cats are awesome, I aggree 100%, Why do you think I named myself KittyninjaW, Also my grandma, gets me up at 4:30 am every day. Welcome to ADISC from one nerd to another. 😺😺😺😺😺😺

Hi SpottedLion, and also welcome greetings from me. Your introduction is very informative, and I hope you will have great time in here:)

KittyninjaW said:
Yes, cats are awesome, I aggree 100%, Why do you think I named myself KittyninjaW, Also my grandma, gets me up at 4:30 am every day. Welcome to ADISC from one nerd to another. 😺😺😺😺😺😺

Greetings! All cats are ninjas. Especially kittens. I would get up at 4:30 AM if that's when I woke up, but I work in the evening, so that wouldn't be a good idea. Unless I want pictures of the sunrise, then I'm up and jumping and grinding coffee... quietly.

errr said:
Hi SpottedLion, and also welcome greetings from me. Your introduction is very informative, and I hope you will have great time in here:)

Hello errr. I'm glad you found it informative. I seem to be having an ok time so far. Hopefully the same for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back