Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Incontinent: how explain to your gf why you have adult baby diapers?

Diaper Lover
    Incontinent

Default Incontinent: how explain to your gf why you have adult baby diapers?

I am incontinent, mostly just a bedwetter. My gf knows about me wearing diapers to bed because we live together and she doesn't mind. I am for some reason REALLY interested in AB diapers and want to wear them, don't really know why. Not sexual at all, just feels so... right? Well, few days ago I got delivered some ABU super dry kids and my gf was home and I didn't get there in time. Of course she was curious what was in the box and went ahead and opened it. When I got home, she looked a little confused and asked me straight forward: "where did you get big diapers like these and why?". I completely froze and didn't say anything for like 10 seconds. Afterwards I explained that there must have been some mistake and got the wrong kind of diapers. So she believed that ( I guess...) and even joked about putting these PAMPERS on me.

So, how do I tell her that I really, really like these "pampers"? She already is willing to diaper me before going to bed since it's much easier for her to do it, but doesn't really know how much I like that too. Someone here must have encountered a similiar situation, any advices??? Also, am I becoming an adult baby?

Diaper Lover

No, you're not becoming an adult baby. Don't stress over that.

For me, diapers started out strictly sexual, and to a large degree they very much still are. But I myself like to wear them for comfort. I'm not really into the whole adult baby thing. One of my favorite diapers is the Super Dry Kids, and another right behind it is the Classico. So no, liking a diaper with baby prints on it does not make you an adult baby. What would make you an adult baby is if you needed her to talk to you in baby talk while she diapered you, or feed you a bottle or want to sleep in a crib. My last ex and I had a bonnet and a couple binkies for some dress up role play, and again, neither of us were AB. So don't worry. Being an adult baby is the persona, not one or two pieces of the outfit.

As far as telling her, don't make a big deal out of it. She already is cool that you wear diapers, not like you really have a choice but still. The fact that she made a joke about it is a good sign. Even if it was a mistake, if she responded poorly after you said that, you'd know not to do it. But if you be honest with her and just tell her look, I'm making the best of the situation and want to have a little bit of fun with the diapers, I don't see why she'd have a problem with it. Now, if you were AB this might be a different discussion. But just be honest with her about you liking the prints and she should be fine with it as long as it doesn't lead into something bigger.

Best of luck.

The way I'm planning on explaining it to my boyfriend when I move on to ABDL diapers because these goodnites don't hold enough and don't have tapes, is that I'd rather wear something that was at least cute, or ridiculous/funny to make a joke out of it, rather than wear something that looked like it belonged in a nursing home

Diaper Lover
    Incontinent

I've done this a few times, ordering Bambinos and from places like ABU. The thing about it is that I've been wearing diapers for pretty much my entire life, and it was in my 20's that I came to the realization that rather than viewing it as a horrible thing to deal with, I should try to have some fun with it. With lots of surgery, drugs, etc., I might get control, but it's not worth it to me and so I figured out that there are worse things in life than needing diapers. My wife doesn't bat an eye about the patterned diapers, after all, hardly anyone sees them besides her and I.

You could tell her you saw these online and thought to give them a try, that the pattern was kind of cute, but hey, a diaper is a diaper. The biggest things for those of us who need them are absorbency, fit, comfort, discretion, etc. Who cares about the patterns?

Diaper Lover
    Incontinent

Very good replies all above. I am pretty sure that she doesn't really care either what kind of diapers I wear, as long as the bed stays dry. But I am still curious myself why do I want those diapers that looks like the ones that babies have? It's not just that they look funny / better than the others, I think it has something to do with my past. My childhood was a bit horrible, not going into details. My most strong positive memory from my early childhood was when I was placed temporarly in a foster home, that had a very nice foster parents. There was one night that I wet the bed due to a post traumatic stress disorder. The foster mum wasn't angry at all which I wasn't used to. She also put me in diapers and was very gentle and kind about it. I felt so safe and comfortable. Also loved. This happened when I was something like 4 or 5. Pretty sad that it's my most positive memory from my childhood. So maybe there is a connection between me wanting to be put in "baby diapers" and that past event? Sorry for opening up like this, it feels easier to think about something when you write it.

Do you ppl have something like this maybe linking your diaper love to some event in your life?

Diaper Lover

She might not care either way -- in my household, my spouse has signed off on diapers in principle but very specifically NOT the babyish ones (I ordered a sample pack of bellisimos and she wasn't comfortable with seeing me in those or even having them and using them when she wasn't aware...). Because I love and respect her, I'm happy to compromise and stick with plain white ones (or the Total-Dry designs which she's ok with).

In the beginning, it might have been easier to tell her the truth but now that you've lied it might put a bit more of a hitch in your relationship. You might have some trust to rebuild.
    Of course you can explain to her that you were scared and didn't know what to say and that this has been a secret for much of your life so you reverted to denying it -- but that now you know that you've got to build your connection on truth-telling and sincerity so that's why you've decided to give the whole story.
    I just think you'll need to be prepared at this point to rebuild some trust -- totally worth it -- but normal given the circumstances.

GOod luck.

Diaper Lover
    Diaperfur
    Little

just tell her they are a high rated company with high quality products with newer designs and you wanted to try it.

Incontinent

Quote Originally Posted by dprlover90 View Post
    I am incontinent, mostly just a bedwetter. My gf knows about me wearing diapers to bed because we live together and she doesn't mind. I am for some reason REALLY interested in AB diapers and want to wear them, don't really know why. Not sexual at all, just feels so... right? Well, few days ago I got delivered some ABU super dry kids and my gf was home and I didn't get there in time. Of course she was curious what was in the box and went ahead and opened it. When I got home, she looked a little confused and asked me straight forward: "where did you get big diapers like these and why?". I completely froze and didn't say anything for like 10 seconds. Afterwards I explained that there must have been some mistake and got the wrong kind of diapers. So she believed that ( I guess...) and even joked about putting these PAMPERS on me.

So, how do I tell her that I really, really like these "pampers"? She already is willing to diaper me before going to bed since it's much easier for her to do it, but doesn't really know how much I like that too. Someone here must have encountered a similiar situation, any advices??? Also, am I becoming an adult baby?
    as to becoming an adult baby: I don't think so...
    I'm IC as well... a bit of a DL (I used to be more into this aspect, but it's becoming a diminutive small part of my person)....
    And in all these years I haven't had one single desire to do anything AB like,... not my kind of boat. so diapers on their own and liking them doesn't mean you "progress" into AB stuff.

That aside:
    I am in a long term relationship (so far 12 years) and like you I am a bed wetter (with mild to severe day time IC Issues included) - at night I exclusively wear tape on diapers as they work well.

Now personally the ABdesigns/printed diapers are of no appeal to me at any level... but that's just my personal preference.

What I'd say, is if your relationship is serious - which it sounds like - you should tell your gf about actually also liking diapers.
    My advice: don't make it into any big thing.

For me it was during puberty when I - probably as a coping mechanism - discovered DL tendencies ... liking my diapers etc...
    not just the sexual part, but I grew fond of the security and comfort they provided, that they let me sleep and wake up not in a wet nasty cold bed (yikes)...
    That I didn't need to "worry". maybe that kind of stuck and to this very day the diapers have this comforting kind of aspect about them to me.
    My GF knows... knows I need them and knows I like them.
    I guess this way - there's nothing like that ever to come between us, no weird moments... no awkward issues.

That aside, I don't want to be changed (we tried this once and I was almost freaked out about it, really not my thing )... she's very open minded though and we're both pretty kinky when it comes to the "fun" stuff ...
    so revealing that I do like diapers wasn't a big deal.

Also I think it would be easy to understand, as in "you have to wear them" - "liking them makes it "better"".

Quote Originally Posted by dprlover90 View Post
    ...I am for some reason REALLY interested in AB diapers and want to wear them, don't really know why.
    ...Also, am I becoming an adult baby?
    What diapers do you normally wear? Could it be that you simply are curious to try out other available options? Two tabs should be quicker and more convenient. The front panel is more colorful and exciting that standard white ones, but will do the same job: diaper you at night. If the diaper is comfortable and works, what does it matter how it looks? AB diapers are supposed to be more diaper-like in function and appearance. Why not try them?

For me, all I care about in a diaper is thickness, quality, and absorbency. My favorites were Dry 24/7 in white. When I first tried them, they were an aweful purple which I hated. However, I found them better than the Molicare Super Pluses (also purple) and wore them anyway. When Dry 24/7 stopped being available, I tried other brands such as ABU and Bambino just to find a more comfortable diaper than Abena x-plus. Neither the mediums or larges fit me quite right. Bambino got my first case order wrong and sent Teddy's instead of Bianco's (all white). I was horrified, but they offered a discount on the next case if I kept them which I did. They worked just like the white or purple diapers. What difference did the Teddy bears on the front really make? It took a couple weeks to figure out absolutely no functional difference.

To answer your question on becoming an AB, I would have to say no given the information presented. Every reasonable adult will appreciate help from loved ones. Trying to find a better diaper to cover your needs is also a reasonable adult decision. Enjoying some intimate time with your intimate partner is also a reasonable adult activity. You are not acting like a baby; not desiring pacifiers, bottles, or other baby items; and not desiring any infantile headspace. Definitely not becoming an AB at this time unless you would like to do so.

Adultbaby
    Diaper Lover
    Little

Not experienced in this at all, but you can tell her that those diapers have the best absorption and that you don't care about the drawings.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast