Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40

Thread: A Growing Trend in the Furry Community

  1. #11
    Adultbaby
    Diaper Lover
    Babyfur
    Sissy / LG
    leffykit's Avatar

    Default

    I'd like to take this oppertunity to point out that its a growing trend because half the furries on the internet ARE trolls. Myself included. Seeing as the aim of trolling is to cause drama, I find it highly amusing that this entire thread could be construed as a trolling excercise in itself.

    TBH there's nothing more likely to relieve my boredom than trolling other furs who are easily butthurt. However I'll refrain from doing so here and not post further in this thread unless its actually to contribute something useful.

  2. #12
    Diaperfur
    Sissy / LG

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Catperson View Post
    I'm not talking about people who say "yep, furries are gross", or something along those lines to get rid of trolls. I'm talking about people who openly side with the trolls, saying things like "they take it too far" and "they're doing it wrong" and "they need to step back a bit". People who do this think that it will make themselves look better in the trolls' eyes, society's eyes, and even their own eyes. Because like I said, whatever you do is the exact extent of what's acceptable.

    Am I really reading this right? When did this become okay? Hating trolls like everyone else, but then becoming one whenever you think it'll help your appearance...
    You're joking, right? There're people who legitimately think others in the furry fandom take things too far! It's just how the world works- again, not everyone in the fandom likes everything about it! I don't defend the parts of the fandom that I don't like, simply because I don't agree with them. That's pretty standard logic!

    You seem like trollbait right now to me. It'd be wise to take a breather, relax, and reassess your views on the fandom. We're not some giant singular entity ruled by one leader with one goal in mind or something, we're a VERY diverse community of people with every different attitude one can have about it under the sun! It's great that you're loyal to the fandom, that's awesome! But not everybody follows it blindly into the dark. I know I don't! There're people in the fandom who piss me off. Who creep me out. Who I think are fucking disgusting, and need to stay away from me! Some groups in the fandom- I do have similar feelings for. But ya know what? With a group that large, it's expected.

    Not every person who likes startrek is gonna dress up and go to a trekkie convention, and when confronted about it, they'll go "No no no, I like *this* part, not all that crap!" Because it's TRUE.

    SOME PEOPLE IN THE FANDOM DO NOT LIKE OTHER PARTS OF IT.

    Accept it, or don't.

    ~One-Seventeen

  3. #13

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
    I'd like to take this oppertunity to point out that its a growing trend because half the furries on the internet ARE trolls. Myself included. Seeing as the aim of trolling is to cause drama, I find it highly amusing that this entire thread could be construed as a trolling excercise in itself.

    TBH there's nothing more likely to relieve my boredom than trolling other furs who are easily butthurt. However I'll refrain from doing so here and not post further in this thread unless its actually to contribute something useful.
    You take pleasure from upsetting overly-sensitive people? :S Sorry, maybe I'm misinterpreting this but that's all I got from that post. I suppose it's entirely possible I'm just being 'easily butthurt', though :P

    Anyway, meh, I could go either way on the OP's post. On the one hand, I think furries who jump in front of trolls and say 'Oh God, yeah I agree, I mean I'm a furry, but I'm not a furry like THAT. Those guys just go too far!' are being really pathetic. It's not so much about 'defending the fandom' or anything so much as the fact their self-worth seems to be based on what everyone else thinks of them. If they were confident in themselves they wouldn't feel the need to talk about how they're oh-so-different from all the other furries out there. They wouldn't feel the need to prove it to anyone.

    On the other hand, I guess there might be some aspects of the fandom I find 'creepy' or 'weird', but...yanno, there are things (perfectly legal, mostly harmless) things that PEOPLE do in general that I would find creepy and weird. As long as it's not being shoved in my face and it's not morally objectionable, I don't care too much. I would usually not respond to someone making stupid statements about furries, but if I was forced to respond, I suppose I would say pretty much what I've said here. It wouldn't be a matter of looking out for my furry brethren or whatever, though. I would say the same things to someone saying how creepy fat fetishists or diaper lovers or people in D/s relationships are, because I don't think those statements are fair.

    So yeah, I don't like to see it (people saying 'Oh no, man, those furries? WEIRDOS!'), but not because I think those people are 'betraying' furry...ism...or whatever. Just because it's really pathetic and makes me roll my eyes.

  4. #14
    Diaper Lover
    Diaperfur
    IantheFox's Avatar

    Default

    I've always seen it as there being several tiers of trolls. The ones on top being the non-furry trolls that troll furries in general. The next level being the furries with no fetish or a minor fetish (i.e.: the ones who hang out on FAF all day), and they troll the shit out of those who have even more severe fetishes and the ones who draw Yiff. Then those furries troll the shit out of those on the lowest level: babyfurs and cub porn furries. They have nobody else to troll so they either try to fight back or throw a fit and leave the fandom (and then come back 5 minutes later, and then leave again). Of course, I have seen some more mature ones that either play along with the trolls or just block them and move the fuck on. Those are the ones I have respect for.

  5. #15
    Diaper Lover
    Diaperfur
    Gstring's Avatar

    Default

    When you're part of any group, you are very rarely going to agree with every part of the group. Some furries might not like yiff or babyfurs.
    An AB/DL example: Nearly everyone on ADISC thinks D*eker is a pedo.

  6. #16
    Adultbaby
    Diaper Lover
    GoldDragonAurkarm's Avatar

    Default

    It's a common phenomenon. I see it in the gay community (I'm not one of "those" that would wear a speedo on a float at Pride). Hell, I see it on here sometimes with the ones that get all self-righteous about messing/not messing (I'm not one of those freaks that messes themselves, I just wear diapers and wet myself).

    At the end of the day, though, it pays to remember that people are fuckers. You can ignore them, get all pissed off about it, or, my personal favorite, respond with, "Yeah, and?"

  7. #17
    Diaper Lover
    Diaperfur
    Sissy / LG
    PrettyFox's Avatar

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Ikrit View Post
    furry is a hobby, not a life style.

    furries don't have to stand up for other furries

    and standing up to a troll is pointless...it's what they want

    a troll is a person who wants to make you rage and throw a fit so they can laugh at you
    ... Furry may be a hobby for you, but for others it IS a lifestyle, and a lifestyle that is very hard to ignore when you have it. I may not dress up in a fursuit every day, but I don't go a day without doing SOMETHING furry, therefore, to me, it is a lifestyle.

    ---------- Post added at 17:01 ---------- Previous post was at 16:57 ----------



    Quote Originally Posted by Liam117 View Post
    You're joking, right? There're people who legitimately think others in the furry fandom take things too far! It's just how the world works- again, not everyone in the fandom likes everything about it! I don't defend the parts of the fandom that I don't like, simply because I don't agree with them. That's pretty standard logic!

    You seem like trollbait right now to me. It'd be wise to take a breather, relax, and reassess your views on the fandom. We're not some giant singular entity ruled by one leader with one goal in mind or something, we're a VERY diverse community of people with every different attitude one can have about it under the sun! It's great that you're loyal to the fandom, that's awesome! But not everybody follows it blindly into the dark. I know I don't! There're people in the fandom who piss me off. Who creep me out. Who I think are fucking disgusting, and need to stay away from me! Some groups in the fandom- I do have similar feelings for. But ya know what? With a group that large, it's expected.

    Not every person who likes startrek is gonna dress up and go to a trekkie convention, and when confronted about it, they'll go "No no no, I like *this* part, not all that crap!" Because it's TRUE.

    SOME PEOPLE IN THE FANDOM DO NOT LIKE OTHER PARTS OF IT.

    Accept it, or don't.

    ~One-Seventeen
    Going to add this then, do me and the world a favor, defend the other people because you yourself ARE a person, whether you agree with them or not, they deserve to be defended as much as you do.

    No one has ANY RIGHT whatsoever to bitch at someone for being one thing when there is something just as wrong with them as the other person. Sure, they're trolls, agree with them? No. People don't seem to understand that the WORLD is a VERY sensitive place, and a lot of people take what they see on the internet seriously. Imagine this, a newly made furry who is already deeply depressed is looking on the internet for people like them, not sure what the term is.

    And they see a post made by a troll with non trolls posting in it agreeing with the troll, what do you think is going to happen?

    Just because you don't agree with it, doesn't mean you need to bash it, or agree with someone else who's bashing it. You can defend it without directly associating yourself with it.

  8. #18
    Diaperfur
    Sissy / LG

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyFox View Post
    ... Furry may be a hobby for you, but for others it IS a lifestyle, and a lifestyle that is very hard to ignore when you have it. I may not dress up in a fursuit every day, but I don't go a day without doing SOMETHING furry, therefore, to me, it is a lifestyle.

    ---------- Post added at 17:01 ---------- Previous post was at 16:57 ----------



    Going to add this then, do me and the world a favor, defend the other people because you yourself ARE a person, whether you agree with them or not, they deserve to be defended as much as you do.

    No one has ANY RIGHT whatsoever to bitch at someone for being one thing when there is something just as wrong with them as the other person. Sure, they're trolls, agree with them? No. People don't seem to understand that the WORLD is a VERY sensitive place, and a lot of people take what they see on the internet seriously. Imagine this, a newly made furry who is already deeply depressed is looking on the internet for people like them, not sure what the term is.

    And they see a post made by a troll with non trolls posting in it agreeing with the troll, what do you think is going to happen?

    Just because you don't agree with it, doesn't mean you need to bash it, or agree with someone else who's bashing it. You can defend it without directly associating yourself with it.
    ... http://oreade.co.uk/images/orly.jpg

    Last time I checked, people are allowed to argue if they don't agree!

    Furries are so sensitive, it annoys me. Grow a /little/ thicker skin, and then maybe, trolls would stop picking on us. I say that to the WHOLE fandom. It's a subculture, don't take it so seriously.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A Growing Trend in the Furry Community-orly.jpg  

  9. #19
    Diaper Lover
    Diaperfur
    Sissy / LG
    PrettyFox's Avatar

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Liam117 View Post
    ... http://oreade.co.uk/images/orly.jpg

    Last time I checked, people are allowed to argue if they don't agree!

    Furries are so sensitive, it annoys me. Grow a /little/ thicker skin, and then maybe, trolls would stop picking on us. I say that to the WHOLE fandom. It's a subculture, don't take it so seriously.
    People are allowed to argue, but when you're arguing about a person, and calling what they enjoy disgusting, then that goes from arguing to attacking a lifestyle. You know how this whole "war on terror" got started? By someone hating on someone else's lifestyle, and don't try to deny it either. Why do what everyone else is doing when you can stand out and actually HELP someone?

    And, you're generalizing. I'm a furry, am I sensitive? No. I'm probably one of the most secure people in the world because I know exactly who I am. AB/DLs can be considered sensitive, because many of them are insecure about this part of their lives. A lot of people can be considered "sensitive" but that's because there are sensitive people within their groups.

    The fact is, even if YOU do think it's disgusting, be a better person and suck it up, don't tell someone you think it's disgusting.

  10. #20
    Diaperfur
    Sissy / LG

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyFox View Post
    People are allowed to argue, but when you're arguing about a person, and calling what they enjoy disgusting, then that goes from arguing to attacking a lifestyle.
    And... your point is? We can go and say that rebels uprising against their dictators in the middle east is wrong because they're hating on their dictator's lifestyle, too. We can also say not to hate on pedophiles because "it's their lifestyle and that's wrong to hate on it!"

    Everyone is different. Not everyone in the world will think that one thing is worth hating on, but someone will. Is it right all the time? No. But everyone does technically have the right to do it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Joining the Furry Community
    By leo in forum Babyfur / Diaperfur
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-Jul-2011, 06:19
  2. Funny Norwegian trend - The OnePiece jumpsuit
    By Glennikit in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-Dec-2010, 15:58
  3. japanese trend??
    By funkybeanie in forum Greetings / Introductions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 24-Nov-2009, 02:42
  4. I really need to stop this trend o.o
    By Bobkitty in forum Greetings / Introductions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 20-Sep-2008, 12:31

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11