Your opinion of Always Discreet, Incontinence Underwear for Women

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
1693437780317.png
I have an aunt with dementia (acute memory loss). She's not IC but has trouble remembering where the bathroom is etc. So the nursing staff has encouraged her to wear a pull-up, allowing her to continue using the toilet when she can make it.

I have been thinking of supplying Always Discreet Underwear instead of the Depends Silhouette that she is currently using. The oder control seems totally lacking in the Depends product, and she needs it.

The description says:
The exclusive OdorLock Technology neutralizes odors instantly and continuously, to help you feel confidently fresh and dry all day long.

I'm aware that some folks can be alergic to chemicals added for odor control. So I am interested in anyone's (men or women) experiences with this product.

Note:

I do agree that briefs have better absorbency and containment etc. But for my aunt, the pull-up remains the best option at this time.

Reactions: Edgewater
The always discreet will be leaps and bounds better than depend, there is just no comparison on that front.

However I'd recommend going just slightly up the scale, Attends premier pull ups are a much better option and extremely comfortable to wear. If you need even more the pull ups from Northshore are the best I have ever used in terms of quality and absorbency.

You can always order samples of different brands of pull ups and determine from there what will work best.

Reactions: Edgewater and nectar0001
Dep
slimjiminy said:
I have been thinking of supplying Always Discreet Underwear instead of the Depends Silhouette that she is currently using. The odor control seems totally lacking in the Depends product, and she needs it.
Depends are literal crap. They have no leg barrier, at all. No absorbency, none. Always Discreet is gonna be wayyy better. as the user above mentioned, Northshore is almost the best money can buy.

Do your sweet aunt a favor and get her something that is comfortable and absorbent.

Reactions: Edgewater, slimjiminy and nectar0001
Always discreet 10000%

If your aunt has a sensitive smell she might not like the scent of the always discreet but they are much better at absorbing and holding on leaks especially because they have leak guards. They are also commonly used during postpartum which speaks to their quality.

My mom is in the middle stages of Alzheimer’s. She started having accidents so we will probably be in the same situation you are soon. Memory loss is a terrible terrible thing and hard to watch your loved one decline.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater, slimjiminy and nectar0001
Always Discreet are very nice. I have used them very successfully for light wetting. Much better than Depend.

KenworthW900b said:
You can always order samples of different brands of pull ups and determine from there what will work best.
I have decided to buy a bag and try some for myself to see. Thanks to everyone who commented.

I figured I'd drag my feet a little before replying, as I'm male and also haven't used these for a couple of years, buuuuut: As far as big-name pull-ups go, they're the best I've tried. ....Which isn't saying a lot, but it's something. I had no delusions of grandeur when it came to absorbency and never pushed my luck, so I never had any issues with leaking. I also found them very comfortable.

So anyway, as a just-in-case kind of thing, they seem like a good choice.

Wow, are these that good? Everyone is saying they're good for a grocery store bought brand. But tbh, if I needed a brand like this, they'll be used as stuffers. I probably wouldn't even wear them and cut a slit down the middle so they'll leak into my main one. What I'll do is stuff these on the inside of my NRU or Tykables, the area where the padding meets the plastic. I'll have to add at least 2 or 3 to make it worth while because 1 wouldn't be enough.

These became a favorite of mine almost as soon as they first debuted, because they fit much better on me at the time than L/XL GoodNites, and could (and still can) hold an actual adult-sized bladder. They absolutely blow Depend out of the water in terms of both comfort and actual capacity.

SwedishAMAZING said:
Dep

Depends are literal crap. They have no leg barrier, at all. No absorbency, none. Always Discreet is gonna be wayyy better. as the user above mentioned, Northshore is almost the best money can buy.

Do your sweet aunt a favor and get her something that is comfortable and absorbent.
I have been using Always discret for 3 years now but recently noticed the padding is thinner causing me to have bladder leaks. Is anyone else experiencing this issues?

Sadly, the Always line of products is shifting downwards. With hope they are setting-up to introduce a Product that meets current top of the market!

I saw that NorthShore's Pull-Up was listed and I must agree as the good folks at NorthShore has included many of the features that are standards in their MEGAMAX diaper product. The most notable is the side guides that are rare in near any of the other pull-ups.

Dementia Sucks and Bless you for helping your dear family member my friend!

Reactions: nectar0001
Edgewater said:
Sadly, the Always line of products is shifting downwards. With hope they are setting-up to introduce a Product that meets current top of the market!

I saw that NorthShore's Pull-Up was listed and I must agree as the good folks at NorthShore has included many of the features that are standards in their MEGAMAX diaper product. The most notable is the side guides that are rare in near any of the other pull-ups.

The Northshore GoSupremes are excellent. Definitely a step above Always. Yes, thank you for being there for your family!!

I tried a pack of these once and never again. I think the odor control consists of "overpower it with the most vile perfume you have ever smelled". It is VERY strong and quite revolting. Before I even opened the bag, I was thinking oh my gosh what is that awful smell every time I walked into the bathroom. I tried one and could still smell it with clothes over it, so the rest got pitched into the trash. Not sure if you can get them in the US (I am in Europe) but I would say Tena Silhouette. Very comfortable, good odor control (without scent) and the Plus has decent leg guards and will hold a full bladder if it has to.

Reactions: plasticpants1 and Edgewater
WetKat said:
I tried a pack of these once and never again. I think the odor control consists of "overpower it with the most vile perfume you have ever smelled". It is VERY strong and quite revolting. Before I even opened the bag, I was thinking oh my gosh what is that awful smell every time I walked into the bathroom. I tried one and could still smell it with clothes over it, so the rest got pitched into the trash. Not sure if you can get them in the US (I am in Europe) but I would say Tena Silhouette. Very comfortable, good odor control (without scent) and the Plus has decent leg guards and will hold a full bladder if it has to.
There is a specific scent-free version of Always Discreet, called Always Discreet Sensitive, which is also more absorbent than the "normal" ones. As for Tena: we do technically have them here in the US, though under the name Tena Stylish, as Depend already has the Silhouette name for a similar underwear-like pullup. Not sure if we have the Plus version, though.

Edgewater said:
If you're replying to me (the OP), she passed away last fall. The dementia made her a shell of what she once was.

• Sad
Reactions: dogboy, littlefun, Edgewater and 3 others
slimjiminy said:
If you're replying to me (the OP), she passed away last fall. The dementia made her a shell of what she once was.
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear. May her memory be a blessing.

slimjiminy said:
So very sorry to hear. Dementia steals one's Humanity, while it tricks the mind to forget about the keeping the basics operating! Lost my Mother to it.

WetKat said:
i wore th

Fireball44 said:
i wore the always descreet for 3 years but lately they leak, so i switched to prevail, which i love the cut, color, thiness, and feel, under my pantyhose

Back