XP 5000 review Day 2

lilshelly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
Well day two was better than the first day. No leaks. I really like this product. I sincerely think that my only issue is odor control or lack there of.
If anyone has any ideas I would be open to ideas. Maybe baby powder?
I have a few betterdry/crinkles left am hoping for a way to pay for whatever I need before I run out.

Reactions: Jorelaxed and Canadianfalls
lilshelly said:
Well day two was better than the first day. No leaks. I really like this product. I sincerely think that my only issue is odor control or lack there of.
If anyone has any ideas I would be open to ideas. Maybe baby powder?
I have a few betterdry/crinkles left am hoping for a way to pay for whatever I need before I run out.
I tried them a very long time ago, how are they now in terms of absorbency?, I usually use cornstarch baby powder when using different diapers.

I think they had good absorbency.

They’re my favorite diaper by far! My go-to for nocturnal enuresis. Favorite feature is the Velcro tabs…if I awake dry I use the same diaper next night and save money!

Reactions: OnePiece
I recently tried them again after being a tad underwhelmed the first go around. The first thing I noticed this time was how much cheaper they are than other premium hybrid diapers. At less than $2 USD they are very competitively priced. I’m not sure if they’re cheaper than before, or competitors have jacked their rates. I’m looking at you, Northshore!

I think that knowing they are cheaper than the competition lowered my expectations. I found myself more impressed than I was before. Granted I’m changing them frequently. But I’ve only had one small leak. Either way they are quickly becoming a first choice for my daytime needs.

One downside is that on a few occasions the the Velcro tapes have ripped clean off the the back panel. It’s nothing some duct tape can’t fix, but tape failures always suck. I’d recommend taping them on loosely then slowly ratcheting them tighter by adjusting one tape at a time.

Last edited:
Reactions: lilshelly
enthusi said:
I recently tried them again after being a tad underwhelmed the first go around. The first thing I noticed this time was how much cheaper they are than other premium hybrid diapers. At less than $2 USD they are very competitively priced. I’m not sure if they’re cheaper than before, or competitors have jacked their rates. I’m looking at you, Northshore!

I think that knowing they are cheaper than the competition lowered my expectations. I found myself more impressed than I was before. Granted I’m changing them frequently. But I’ve only had one small leak. Either way they are quickly becoming a first choice for my daytime needs.

One downside is that on a few occasions the the Velcro tapes have ripped clean off the the back panel. It’s nothing some duct tape can’t fix, but tape failures always suck. I’d recommend taping them on loosely then slowly ratcheting them tighter by adjusting one tape at a time.
See that is actually the one thing that has me hooked is the hook and loop and it being plastic backed. I really like the fit as well. I am willing to give a case a try.

I personally love these diapers because of their hook and loop system. Other plastic back diapers with them have more issues for me not staying on. They are a bit thicker from the start, sometimes I want that. My perfect diaper though would basically be a European import version of a Tena Ultima and their hook/loop system. The comfort and discreetness with the easy of readjustment. Or even similar thickness to better dry or north shore supreme with the hook/loop. Though I suppose I hope they can just keep them in stock. They were frequently sold out before everyone abandoned north shore and went to them because better dry was sold out and dry 24/7 is gone. So not sure how it’s going to be now.

mattyd said:
I personally love these diapers because of their hook and loop system. Other plastic back diapers with them have more issues for me not staying on. They are a bit thicker from the start, sometimes I want that. My perfect diaper though would basically be a European import version of a Tena Ultima and their hook/loop system. The comfort and discreetness with the easy of readjustment. Or even similar thickness to better dry or north shore supreme with the hook/loop. Though I suppose I hope they can just keep them in stock. They were frequently sold out before everyone abandoned north shore and went to them because better dry was sold out and dry 24/7 is gone. So not sure how it’s going to be now.
I’m genuinely curious… are people abandoning North Shore? I have a lot of mixed emotions about them as a supplier. The Megamax is a great product and I use them most nights, and heavier days. They have great customer service and rapid turnaround time. On the other hand they’re crazy expensive and other than Megamax, the rest of their lineup is lackluster. They don’t have a premium hybrid plastic backed diaper with hook and loops, and it’s wild that a case of of Megamax doesn’t even qualify for free shipping. I haven’t purchased Supremes or Supreme Lights in ages and I don’t see myself doing so anytime soon. Especially when TotalDry and XP are just as good and much cheaper.

After two packages of the XP5000, I think I'm actually allowing to switch to them vs the BetterDry. The XP just doesn't leak.

If I stomach sleep and the front / crotch of the BetterDry is wet, and I get out of bed and let loose with a good pee, it will overflow and run down my legs. This doesn't happen with the XP.

I've also gotten used to the lower ride of the diaper, and I kind of like it.

My opinion.

I am on my last few of them from a case order. I too am a usual Better Dry user but had to switch this past month.

The XP's have been really good. Overnight they have absorbed very well and I have not had even a little leak at night for the past three weeks. They contain very well. They dispose well for a hook and loop diaper too. Most hook and loops don't wrap up very well after use but these do.

The only thing I miss about Better Dry is that they have less bulk between my legs. I broke down and ordered a case of Crinklz since the Better Dry's are still not available and I put one on just to feel the fit after a few weeks out of them and WOW, big difference. Especially when wearing jeans or tighter fitting pants.

I'm really glad I tried the XP's!! Now I know that there is another option that I can go to while I wait for the ship filled with Better Dry gets here. Till then, its going to be XP's or funny Crinclz prints!

enthusi said:
I’m genuinely curious… are people abandoning North Shore? I have a lot of mixed emotions about them as a supplier. The Megamax is a great product and I use them most nights, and heavier days. They have great customer service and rapid turnaround time. On the other hand they’re crazy expensive and other than Megamax, the rest of their lineup is lackluster. They don’t have a premium hybrid plastic backed diaper with hook and loops, and it’s wild that a case of of Megamax doesn’t even qualify for free shipping. I haven’t purchased Supremes or Supreme Lights in ages and I don’t see myself doing so anytime soon. Especially when TotalDry and XP are just as good and much cheaper.
You just basically answered your own question. Northshore is not carrying the product a lot of us use. Love Mega Max but with me having to use a diaper or two a day cost comes into play. Without the free shipping I can't afford the product. I use Llmedico shipping is still free for now and I earn money for future purchases.
I have ordered a case of the xp 5000 really hope they are as good as the samples. It might be a little cooler fingers crossed since it is summer time

Reactions: Jonnythepony
enthusi said:
They have great customer service, but they worded things badly about better dry and priced themselves so much higher than the competition. I could buy from LL Medico for a much cheaper price, free shipping, and I get money back towards more diapers. Hard to see why people would buy from them unless they absolutely need mega max or if better dry and crinklz are out of stock elsewhere.

I've actually decided to go to the XP5000 as my go to night time diaper. It just doesn't leak. I love the softness of the BetterDry, but function wise, the XP5000 is better.

I like reading about the XP5000, recently got them too. I do like them and they are competitive price wise and one of the cheapest hook and loop with full plastic backing. But in my personal situation I get more out the betterdrys/crinklz before leaking.
At best I can get 900-950 ML when the XP5000 starts leaking, whereas the betterdry I can usually get a solid 1200ML before feeling the need to change and really start leaking only further at 1500-1750ML.
When used the XP5000 just swell even more and are (in my opinion) then more visible under cloths than a fully used betterdry.
I have tried almost all diapers available recently to my list, just the betterdry fits best.

My top fitting diapers are:
tena active fit maxi / ultima for shorter durations or moments to wear less obvious thickness
betterdry the usual suspect for out of house usage
megamax for even longer out of house usage or motorcycle trips, as its just not obvious under motorcycle clothing

I will keep 2 hook an look style diapers in my stash, the tykable cammies blue and the XP5000 for being just so comfortable and other reasons to be able to switch around wearing a little bit.

Last edited:
DarkQS1 said:
I like reading about the XP5000, recently got them too. I do like them and they are competitive price wise and one of the cheapest hook and loop with full plastic backing. But in my personal situation I get more out the betterdrys/crinklz before leaking.
At best I can get 900-950 ML when the XP5000 starts leaking, whereas the betterdry I can usually get a solid 1200ML before feeling the need to change and really start leaking only further at 1500-1750ML.
When used the XP5000 just swell even more and are (in my opinion) then more visible under cloths than a fully used betterdry.
I have tried almost all diapers available recently to my list, just the betterdry fits best.

My top fitting diapers are:
tena active fit maxi / ultima for shorter durations or moments to wear less obvious thickness
betterdry the usual suspect for out of house usage
megamax for even longer out of house usage or motorcycle trips, as its just not obvious under motorcycle clothing

I will keep 2 hook an look style diapers in my stash, the tykable cammies blue and the XP5000 for being just so comfortable and other reasons to be able to switch around wearing a little bit.
It saddens me that Tena Fit Ultima (plastic backed) is pretty much going away in North America again, it happened before, and took several years before someone sold them again here. They are so comfy and really great when you don't want a lot of bulk or want less of a chance of diaper exposure. I find they are great for vacations since I can fit a lot more in my luggage vs my other ones. XP 5000 are just huge and take up a lot of room, I can almost fit two northshore supremes or better drys in the same amount of space.

I tried a bag of XP5000 diapers a couple months ago, and I will probably use them as my daytime diaper when my current supply runs out. I really like the comfort and capacity of the XP5000 for daytime even though they are a little thicker.

enthusi said:
As much as I wanted to love Northshore, I am completely sold on InControl. Way cheaper, shipping was quick, and excellent or better product.

Reactions: Deleted member 69192
Back