Would you share your profile on ADISC with a partner?

greatlake5

Profoundly incontinent since the beginning.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I have a girlfriend who has been my partner for almost a year. She knows just about everything she knows. Incontinence, diapers and wet or dirty diapers. She knows almost everything. But she doesn't know about ADISC (not sure). I'm not even sure is she knows about ABDL. She might but we haven't discussed it.
I think many regular people probably know about it but I think it's not a positive thing. I'm incontinent but not ABDL. If I shared my ADISC profile she might get the wrong
idea. Here on our forum, I've talked just about everything here. All of the forums including IC, sexuality, and ABDL. I wouldn't want to get the wrong idea. I feel like I'm hiding something to her. Everything we discuss here is so private ( and of course we keep secretive about it). Have you shared your partner with ADISC? If so, why did you let them know? I just feel like I'm being sneaky.

• Love
Reactions: EcoIncon, Diprs2, Subtlerustle and 2 others
I don't have a partner but I would say that IC is a very small part of this forum. It's way more focused on AB / DL
So if you never discussed it maybe talk about that stuff for a while first?

• Love
Reactions: littledub1955, Diprs2, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
Regardless of what she may see, in general, I believe that you would want to see what you have created in regards to Threads and Posts!

As SparkyDog has so clearly stated, even with you being active, the true reality is that this Site is not dedicated to those of us who are IC, but a much different vantage point, in fact many!! His advice should be strongly considered!

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, newt, SparkyDog and 1 other person
I've not shared my profile with anyone. The anonymous nature of it allows me to speak freely. I have a friend that now uses diapers when it suits his IC needs. But I can't speak as freely if he knows my posts here. Likewise, comments about my wife's responses or what I think she is thinking might create some unnecessary feelings. Therefore, I feel the forum serves me best if I keep my profile secret.

Last edited:
Reactions: DLPeakOut, Diprs2, newt and 2 others
Nope

Reactions: Edgewater
My wife knows about it. She was helping me find some support groups when I initially started having issues. While this was a site that I found on my own (from Reddit I believe), I have told her about it and the different people that all share the same space. I personally would love if the site was more focused on people who actually have issues, or that the different threads were held to a bit more strictly, but it is still a cool place to visit and I have had a lot of my questions answered here.

I think it is possible to convey what the site is and how it is helpful without participating in the ABDL side of it.

And even if the ABDL fetish weirds your girlfriend out, I am sure it would be easy for her to understand that it is easy to feel embarrassed for wearing diapers and this group is full of people, for a variety of reasons, who will not judge you for wearing or using diapers. That type of feeling doesn't come very often for diaper wearers.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater, iatec779 and 1 other person
My wife knows my profile and is aware that I’m active on the incontinence forums. She knows that I’m on them to learn the tips and tricks for best managing my incontinence. I’m also here to share with others what has worked for me and be an encouragement to those living with these conditions. She knows I’m not into the AB/DL stuff, and that I’m “ok” in diapers as a management tool for my condition. We don’t keep secrets. She is the only other person who knows about my activities on the forums and she knows why I’m on here.

Reactions: geka, Diprs2, Edgewater and 1 other person
Edgewater said:
Regardless of what she may see, in general, I believe that you would want to see what you have created in regards to Threads and Posts!,
I looked at my history of posts and threads. Most are positive along with advice. But (rarely) posts on ABDL forums. That's what worries me. If it was only IC posts I think I'd be fine. Even the sexuality forum (though embarrassing). But when I look at ABDL threads, even if I wasn't posted on that forum, all of a sudden the focus in "wanting" diapers or incontinence. I've been on other forums and they're all IC themes. Though I don't have ABDL tendencies (maybe a few), I think most IC people have thought about it. Even by thinking about it. Being IC makes all of us to think about it. It's natural.
She's pretty open about everything (she loves a man who is IC and wears diapers). I guess the only way to let her know about my profile is to let her see it. But I wish I had focused only on IC forums.

Last edited:
Reactions: DLPeakOut, Diprs2 and Edgewater
An ethical code I have is that I don’t divulge information online, or anywhere else for that matter, that my partner isn’t already in the know about. Naturally there’s nothing my other half doesn’t know. Transparency is key to feeling secure in a relationship.

Reactions: geka, Diprs2 and Edgewater
My partner knows yes, I don't really have any secrets from my partner. I think it is a personal choice. I think you always need to be mindful of what you post online, but for me while i am ABDL, as well as incontinent i don't do kink. I also don't really discuss much in sexuality. I value ADISC.org

IMO this is one of the best supportive community platforms for the AB/DL/IC community out there, if not the best.

I think it is an excellent place to gain knowledge and advice, especially for those who are new to AB/DL or newly diagnosed with incontinence.

I really like that there is a good mix of views and opinions, because none of us know everything that there is to know, and sharing information and knowledge of a particular topic benefits us all.

Sure, there are occasional topics or threads which you might feel uncomfortable with, but you can exercise choice, as to what you reply to or not?

It's difficult to advise you one way or the other really, because i don't want to be instrumental in offering you the wrong advice. I would probably say go with your gut feeling on this.

Last edited:
Reactions: DLPeakOut, Diprs2, Edgewater and 1 other person
My wife knows i am active in forums about incontinence, but i do not show her. To explain the ABDL side of this forum would be a problem, really, she is vanilla as vanilla gets. I am open to all interests even i am not part of it.

Reactions: EcoIncon, greatlake5, slimjiminy and 5 others
What a great question @greatlake5. My wife knows I’m active online with ABDL support groups. I doubt she knows the web addresses but I would share my posts no problem. I think it’s a mental code I follow with anything I post here. Would I be comfortable if xxx saw this?
That said I wish I could filter out some of the topics and subjects better. It would make my experience much better. I do definitely value the posts from incontinent folks here. I’m not IC (except for some after dribble-significant at times) but it helps put my DL values in context if that makes any sense.

Reactions: sledder23, ILuvDiapers, Diprs2 and 1 other person
For me exactly the same like Pino. My wife knows I'm active in incontinence forum(s), sometimes I'm telling her about some interesting threads, opinions and what I concluded out of it and we also discuss. I'm quite sure she doesn't know about ABDL, but I see no reason to bring that up to her because that's also nothing of my interest - I'm IC, not interested in DL or AB stuff, but of course knowing and tolerating even if it's not mine.

Generally we don't hide things from each other. I know the PIN of her phone just the same as she knows mine, sometimes we show each other interesting things on our phones. But we also respect fully each others privacy. Although there is absolutely nothing to hide, she won't read my email inbox, my threema or WhatsApp messages simply out of curiousity, the same as I would never ever do with her - as I said, this is a matter of deep respect against each other! I never want to give the impression that I'm sniffing behind her as a result of not trusting her - We have full trust to each other that each of us knows what's Ok and what's not and nobody has to prove anything...

Reactions: Subtlerustle, EcoIncon, ILuvDiapers and 3 others
My girlfriend and I have built up a trusting relationship. She knows I’m IC and wears diapers to manage it, and we both like the extra absorbency of ABDL diapers. But it’s mainly for me to stay dry and look less medically broken when I’m with her.

I’ve been open with her about my DL tendencies, but emphasised that it’s more of a coping mechanism to enjoy my diapered state rather than a sexual fetish. And she thinks I look much cuter and sexier in my printed diapers (partly because I’m more confident) She likes me to wear them around her, which I’m a big fan of.

My gf isn’t ABDL herself but she’s quite open to alternative lifestyles and doesn’t have an issue with it. We may explore things further in the future but only if both of us are comfortable with it.

That being said I still wouldn’t show her this website. But that’s more down to an internet privacy thing rather than anything else.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Reactions: Edgewater, Subtlerustle and ILuvDiapers
intimacy - closeness of observation or knowledge of a subject; close familiarity or friendship; closeness:

I don't think that you have to share absolutely everything with your partner to have intimacy. I am sure there are things my wife has written or shares with select friends I don't know. Certainly there are very few things my wife doesn't know about them and they are there only because we haven't taled about them... not that I wouldn't discuss if she asked. Mine knows I am active on sites to understand my struggles with incontinence better. She's never asked me which ones and I don't think she would care.

There's a huge difference @greatlake5 between the reason you use this site and other behaviors people hide from their significant other. IMHO it's ok to still have some things in a relationship that are private for each of you. It's not ok if the things you hide are destructive to the relationship. If she asks about your activity on this site, my guess is you'd be willing to give her a tour so that you can explain things that might seem odd to her...

You're a good partner just for thinking about stuff like this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dinotopian2002, Edgewater and ILuvDiapers
If I had a partner, I don't think she would mind. Most of my posts are fairly mild. Nothing that might be a problem. Looking at other sub-forums are rare.
I usually look at the incontinence forum. But...why would you want to share this info? If I was discussing IC, I could tell her anything she wants.

Reactions: Edgewater
Back