Worst nightmare comes true while Trucking

Rapture

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
First I just wanna say that I’m not looking for sympathy or pity. I just need a place where I can feel safe enough to talk about what I need to talk about. Last year I posted in this group about me being worried about wetting the bed while I was in training to become a truck driver. After careful consideration and not wanting to reveal that I need to wear diapers to bed. I decided to get pull ups from Northshore. For the past 10 to 12 weeks they have worked. When I did wet them I would usually wake up mid way through and try to hold it until I could go into a bottle. I already knew from testing them at home they couldn’t handle a full bladder only my mega max can do that. But anything is better than nothing and the pull ups allowed me to keep it hidden from my trainer. Honestly thought I was good to go. Well unfortunately my worst nightmare came true last night (Sunday Night) I went to sleep on his bed. Put on my diaper like I do every night. I woke up some time in the middle of the night and knew I had wet my diaper. I changed myself into a new diaper and felt around the bed. Maybe not good enough. But thought I was in the clear. Woke up later that day and put my blankets on the top bunk like I usually do. Felt them and everything seemed fine. So again I thought I was in the clear. We eat lunch and afterwards I step out of the truck to talk to a friend on the phone. Ten minutes later I get a text from trainer asking why his bed is wet. I just panicked. I didn’t know what to say or what to do. So I said “I don’t know” he tried to put some blankets on top and tried to go to bed. He got up m, ripped his sheets off and showed me the huge stain i apparently made. I had no choice at that point, but to tell him. He was rightfully pissed and stormed off. He came back and told me I was getting off his truck. He also said that the company would be deducting pay from my paycheck to pay for a new bed for him. I tried apologizing to him, but he would hear none of it. He said I should have told him in the beginning. My response to him was that he wasn’t an easy person to talk to let alone how embarrassing something like this is to talk about with another man. He didn’t have anything to say after that and neither did I. Luckily we were close enough to my home that my wife could come and get me. Now I am absolutely terrified what is going to happen when I speak with my boss tomorrow. I’m scared I might lose my dream job over something I had no control over. Honestly thought this idea of wearing pull ups would solve the issue until at least I got into my own truck. It was working so well too. So now the company I work for knows I wet the bed. The next trainer I get will have to know. This isn’t something I wanted people to know about me. I really believed I had a solid plan. Boy was I wrong. So now if I do end up keeping my job the person who finishes up training will automatically know that I wear diapers and wet the bed. At this point there’s nothing I can say or do. I have to keep this job.

• Wow
Reactions: Neroforte and TrueHero
i hope you keep your job. i wouldn't think they would let you go just assign you to a new trainer especially with regards to the American with Disability Act in place. hopefully with them knowing now going forward there will be far less stress not having to hide your IC issues. life is a live and learn as we move forward. keep us posted on how things go with your job and when you get your own truck.

I am sure you'll be fine from an employment standpoint. If they were to fire you over such a thing, I would certainly see an attorney about it.

The emotional stress is much worse. Many of us have had trauma related to this issue. For me it was soon after I started having issues. I lived out of the house by this point but was back home. I was hanging out with my friends in my parent's basement playing some video games. My mom walked in and asked "Why is there a used diaper in the garbage?". I was mortified... My answer was "Oh, it was just a prank". It took me too long to produce that answer but no one said anything till years later one of my friends asked about it. The incident didn't cause me any real harm. I didn't lose any friends over it. I have a couple friends that raz me about it sometimes... over time the levity actually helps.

By acting this ashamed of wearing diapers you’re giving into being manipulated by it and others. You wear diapers because you have a physical and/or mental condition affecting your ability to control your body. Why should you hide this from your employer when you have the disabilities act to prevent that employer from discriminating against you in any manner and a large assortment of lawyers willing to insure that they don’t. Now you’ve put yourself in a position it’s not going to be easy to recover from but honesty is the first step with your company, your trainer, and yourself if you ever want to resolve this situation satisfactorily. Sorry for the gruff response, but you’re standing in the hole that you’ve dug and it’s time to put the shovel down and deal with the problem!

Reactions: messydiaper
I’m so sorry you had to go through that! I agree if anything negative happens to your job you can sue for medical discrimination

So I just dug up my advice I gave to you several months ago regarding this subject.

"It sounds like you have a legitimate medical need for nighttime diapers.

Sharing the close quarters of a sleeper cab with someone for months will make it impossible for your diaper needs to be kept a secret.

If you don't wear your diaper, you'll most likely have an accident eventually, and that will really piss off your trainer because they consider their trucks their home away from home.

I would strongly suggest you consider telling your company, because they match trainers with trainees based off of needs and preferences such as smoking, pets, etc.

It's possible there's a trainer who has the same documented bedwetting issue as yourself.

Either way, if you're not upfront about it, you're going to have an accident eventually, and that's going to be an extremely embarrassing situation.

You should consider at least being upfront about it, because they're just going to find out anyways.

That way you will still get your training, and be able to wear the diapers you need for sleep.

Also worth noting, everyone in the trucking world knows about adult diapers.

Hardcore truckers wear diapers to boost their miles per hour.

It takes lots of time to find a parking spot, park, walk to a rest room, and then get back onto the road."

Reactions: Constantlydamp
Zeke said:
By acting this ashamed of wearing diapers you’re giving into being manipulated by it and others. You wear diapers because you have a physical and/or mental condition affecting your ability to control your body. Why should you hide this from your employer when you have the disabilities act to prevent that employer from discriminating against you in any manner and a large assortment of lawyers willing to insure that they don’t. Now you’ve put yourself in a position it’s not going to be easy to recover from but honesty is the first step with your company, your trainer, and yourself if you ever want to resolve this situation satisfactorily. Sorry for the gruff response, but you’re standing in the hole that you’ve dug and it’s time to put the shovel down and deal with the problem!

I totally understand your stance. But to clarify it’s not that I am ashamed of wearing diapers. Quite the opposite. Before this all happened the only person that knew about me wearing diapers and wetting the bed was my wife. So this is all very new to me, and I’m uncertain how I feel about it.

diapeybabybrian said:
So I just dug up my advice I gave to you several months ago regarding this subject.

"It sounds like you have a legitimate medical need for nighttime diapers.

Sharing the close quarters of a sleeper cab with someone for months will make it impossible for your diaper needs to be kept a secret.

If you don't wear your diaper, you'll most likely have an accident eventually, and that will really piss off your trainer because they consider their trucks their home away from home.

I would strongly suggest you consider telling your company, because they match trainers with trainees based off of needs and preferences such as smoking, pets, etc.

It's possible there's a trainer who has the same documented bedwetting issue as yourself.

Either way, if you're not upfront about it, you're going to have an accident eventually, and that's going to be an extremely embarrassing situation.

You should consider at least being upfront about it, because they're just going to find out anyways.

That way you will still get your training, and be able to wear the diapers you need for sleep.

Also worth noting, everyone in the trucking world knows about adult diapers.

Hardcore truckers wear diapers to boost their miles per hour.

It takes lots of time to find a parking spot, park, walk to a rest room, and then get back onto the road."

I actually remember this post. So two things. One is I thought with the pull ups I had a pretty solid plan in case something did happen. There were a few incidents where I wet the diaper, but I would wake up in the middle if it and was able to control it until I did the rest in a bottle. This was the only time it had leaked and I was unaware of it. The second and just being honest here. I tried several times to talk to him about it, but as I told him and will say here as well he’s not the easiest person to talk to. He was. Wet tough on me and his temper was less than desirable. So based on his own behavior I didn’t see this as an option. But I will admit that in hindsight, I should have said something. It believe me when I say I tried. I really did. I’m gonna be posting an update here soon in case you want to know what transpired afterwards.

Reactions: diapeybabybrian
Back